Detective Conan World

[Spoiler Discussion] File 925-927 Yoko and Higo's date

presumenothing: File 925: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3904843718
K o r: No break next week

File was pretty good! Looking forward to the next chapters.

I guess it's nice that we know now for certain that Ai didn't sense the BO aura from Kuroda as well.

That's quite significant for me, a big news.

Translation

presumenothing: #925 summary: Ai says she doesn't know Kuroda (she was only holding onto Conan because of Kuroda's scary expression) and that if he was really Rum, after seeing her face up close and realising that she's Sherry, he would probably have broken into Agasa's house by now, but Agasa has only texted her about tonight's dinner so far

presumenothing: #925 cont: She sees the article about Yoko&Higo and hires the extremely distraught Kogoro to investigate the couple (pro bono, of course), Kogoro finds a blogpost about Y&H being spotted in a restaurant, Conan says that Asuka (Higo's senior from high school football) started a restaurant after leaving J-league

presumenothing: #925 cont: At the restaurant, they see Y&H being served by a sommelier (who says that Asuka is out buying wine and should be back soon) and a waitress who knocks over Yoko's wineglass (later revealed to be Asuka's daughter when confronted by a waiter aka her ex-boyfriend)

presumenothing: #925 cont: Asuka hasn't returned, so the sommelier and waiter look for him in the back room (where he takes naps) while the waitress checks the storeroom. Later, they search again, but this time Asuka is apparently sleeping in the back room

presumenothing: #925 cont: 10 minutes later, when the sommelier goes to wake Asuka, the waiter receives a text from Asuka to bring Y&H to the storeroom without attracting attention, and does so

presumenothing: #925 end: Kogoro is about to go smoke in the restroom when they hear Yoko scream, and run to the storeroom... only to find (unsurprisingly) Yoko and Higo with Asuka’s dead body.

• Upvote 3

I hope it will be a sleeping Kogoro case, it's been a while.

Yea it has, although given the character cast, I definitely wouldn't be surprised if we get Sleeping Kogoro here.

Last Sleeping Kogoro case was File 859 right?

Yea it has, although given the character cast, I definitely wouldn't be surprised if we get Sleeping Kogoro here.

Last Sleeping Kogoro case was File 859 right?

Yes, although if Kuroda was to appear that won't happen, so it's either one of the 2.

Would have been even better with Akira Kamiya. *coughs*

While Kamiya does a better Kogorou than Koyama, I just prefer Koyama as a seiyuu overall.  Nothing against Kamiya, just personal preference.

While Kamiya does a better Kogorou than Koyama, I just prefer Koyama as a seiyuu overall.  Nothing against Kamiya, just personal preference.

Have you watched City Hunter before saying that ? :P

Have you watched City Hunter before saying that ? :P

Given my age and how relatively late I got into anime, I'm only familiar with the current generation of shows.  That being said, I've actually never watched a single show Kamiya was in except for DC of course, while more anime than I can remember off the top of my head Koyama was involved with.  I probably only prefer Koyama to Kamiya because of biased familiarity, haha.

OMG XD this chapter looks hularious 

but i thought the next case after BOY and GIRL would be a continuation with Sera, Sonoko and Ran ... O.o

OMG XD this chapter looks hularious 

but i thought the next case after BOY and GIRL would be a continuation with Sera, Sonoko and Ran ... O.o

Well, many thought that the cliffhanger of 920 would be followed by a Conan, Haibara and Kuroda case, but that didn't happen either. What gave you the idea btw? The files had nothing that indicated that imo.

I have a feeling that the watch shopping that was shown in the picture in 925 is probably a watch they were getting and going to give to Asuka. That might explain their denial reaction in 926.

It's a bit funny how Ai is so fixated on Yoko to not even notice that Higo is standing just a few feet from her.

LOL! I think that's the point. She's so jealous, it's not about Higo anymore, it's about her percieved rivalry with Yoko.

• Upvote 1

File 926 translation summary from presumenothing

presumenothing: #926 title: The staffs' alibis are?

presumenothing: #926 summary: Asuka died between 7-8pm, cause of death - blood loss due to severing of the carotid artery, weapon - penknife found next to the body, probably from the back room of the restaurant

presumenothing: #926 cont: Higo lost his phone (though he thinks he brought it to the restaurant); both Yoko&Higo are surprised when Takagi asks if they're dating, they don't know about the tabloid article

presumenothing: #926 cont: When interviewed, the staff tell Megure and Takagi about what happened earlier (first search ~7pm, second ~10min later, text from Asuka ~7.30); the waiter brought Y&H to the store room before going to the back room where he found only the sommelier, the 3 were discussing where the owner could be when Yoko screamed

presumenothing: #926 cont: Y&H were looking around in the store room because Asuka didn't return (~7.50pm) when they found the body

presumenothing: #926 cont: staff interviews - store room is always kept locked (key hanging on the wall of corridor entrance within sight of the staff, only Asuka had a backup key); his phone is missing; he has been staying in the back room overnight, with spare clothes kept in his locker; he was clean-conscious and vacuumed the back room even after the waitress cleaned it; many cigarette ends found in restroom rubbish bin

presumenothing: #926 cont: Y&H interview - storeroom was locked when they arrived; waiter opened it, called Asuka's name, and waited for a while before leaving; Y&H went in to look around and found Asuka's body; Higo thinks he left his phone at the table or restroom; Yoko's phone battery is dead; Y&H were apparently planning to ask Asuka for a favour

presumenothing: #926 end: Conan notices a small hole with some wine stained around it on the blanket, and matching hole and wine stain on the sleeve of one of Asuka's jackets in the locker... (side note: the hole and stain on the jacket... what could be the trick!?)