Detective Conan World
The Shade

Gosho ranks 9th in japanese poll about favorite mangaka

Do you think he is too high or too low?

One of the few manga he wrote, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, was adapted into a well received anime just last year.  You could see a 20th rank as too high because he hasn't written much yet and isn't very influential or you could see that as too low if you really enjoyed the series, dunno.  If anything, Hajime Isayama is ranked too high.  He's only ever written Shingeki no Kyojin, and he's already 12th.  Meanwhile the mastermind behind Death Note and Bakuman is only one point ahead of Tsubaki at 19th, and Naoki Urasawa didn't even make the list.  Then again, mangakas who have stopped writing probably aren't going to do so well on polls like these.

Do you think he is too high or too low?

I'm surprised he is there at all, and it would be attributed to Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun because .

One of the few manga he wrote, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, was adapted into a well received anime just last year.  You could see a 20th rank as too high because he hasn't written much yet and isn't very influential or you could see that as too low if you really enjoyed the series, dunno.  If anything, Hajime Isayama is ranked too high.  He's only ever written Shingeki no Kyojin, and he's already 12th.  Meanwhile the mastermind behind Death Note and Bakuman is only one point ahead of Tsubaki at 19th, and Naoki Urasawa didn't even make the list.  Then again, mangakas who have stopped writing probably aren't going to do so well on polls like these.

Damn straight, man. Have you seen where the author of Tokyo Ghoul is ranked? :0

I'm surprised he is there at all, and it would be attributed to Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun because .

Damn straight, man. Have you seen where the author of Tokyo Ghoul is ranked? :0

I've never watched or read Nozaki, so I can't really judge its quality, but yeah this guy would have been a nobody if it wasn't for the fact that the anime just recently aired.

And oh my gosh 7th???  I heard the manga is significantly better than the anime, but the anime was a train wreck and the second season was a disgusting cash grab, and much like Tsubaki no one even considered Sui Ishida to be even remotely talented until the anime of literally his only work aired, bad as it was.

I'm trying not to get my jimmies rustled over a silly popularity contest, but it's a struggle.

I've never watched or read Nozaki, so I can't really judge its quality, but yeah this guy would have been a nobody if it wasn't for the fact that the anime just recently aired.

And oh my gosh 7th???  I heard the manga is significantly better than the anime, but the anime was a train wreck and the second season was a disgusting cash grab, and much like Tsubaki no one even considered Sui Ishida to be even remotely talented until the anime of literally his only work aired, bad as it was.

I'm trying not to get my jimmies rustled over a silly popularity contest, but it's a struggle.

He's got Oresama Sensei, which is very decent as far as shoujo goes and Nozaki has the same kind of humour but still Oresama > Nozaki(and I thought him to be quite under-rated as a mangaka, the irony).

I'm a huge Gintama fan, that's helping me.