Detective Conan World
Silverbullet96

Why do some people not like Shiho ?

They haven't had one. All of their 'conversations' so far in the series have literally mostly been their mushy moments, fights, or where Shinichi is rambling about his cases or showing off his detective side (The Aquarium case), they rarely have a conversation as equals and can't imagine them having one, because they lack good chemistry and have nothing in common, the only reason they even hung out together since their childhood was because 1)They didn't have many good friends. 2)Shinichi liked Ran. Even in their flashback episodes you can really deduct how most of their interaction in their childhood went, it's just Shinichi leading their little adventures and Ran is simply tagging along with him for some reason. 

You are exaggerating the negative aspects of the Shinichi x Ran relationship and deliberately ignoring the positive ones. The Conan x Ai interaction isn't better than theirs: Ai doesn't even trust Conan enough to tell him everything she knows about the Black Organization. Without complete trust, you can't even talk about a proper friendship, much less about an alleged/supposed "chemistry" you are continuously mentioning. Just because Shinichi and Shiho have both a "genius" intelligence, doesn't mean their are "soulmates". You may think that Shiho is more "compatible" with Shinichi than Ran, but so what? It's Ran Shinchi loves. Can you produce any evidence or hint that Shinichi loves Shiho more than Ran, or that he loves her at all? 

Separating two people who have been together and loved each other for that long, who became a part of each other's lives a long time ago, just because you think another girl is more "suitable", would be cruel like cutting off a person's leg or arm and replacing it with a fake one.

To sum it up:

Shinichi loves Ran

Ran loves Shinichi

Shiho (maybe, maybe not) loves Shinichi

Shinichi doesn't love Shiho

Why on earth should the conclusion to this be that Shinichi should be with Shiho and not Ran? Just because they are more "scientifically compatible"? Sorry, but this isn't a droid factory, we are talking about people's feelings (even though these are fictional people), and in human feelings it's often the opposites that mutually attract.

• Upvote 1

You are exaggerating the negative aspects of the Shinichi x Ran relationship and deliberately ignoring the positive ones. The Conan x Ai interaction isn't better than theirs: Ai doesn't even trust Conan enough to tell him everything she knows about the Black Organization. Without complete trust, you can't even talk about a proper friendship, much less about an alleged/supposed "chemistry" you are continuously mentioning. Just because Shinichi and Shiho have both a "genius" intelligence, doesn't mean their are "soulmates". You may think that Shiho is more "compatible" with Shinichi than Ran, but so what? It's Ran Shinchi loves. Can you produce any evidence or hint that Shinichi loves Shiho more than Ran, or that he loves her at all? 

Why on earth should the conclusion to this be that Shinichi should be with Shiho and not Ran? Just because they are more "scientifically compatible"? Sorry, but this isn't a droid factory, we are talking about people's feelings (even though these are fictional people), and in human feelings it's often the opposites that mutually attract.

Just like Conan doesn't trust Ran enough to let her know his secret ? The mess with the BO is complicated, being 'besties' doesn't automatically ensure that she will tell him everything, maybe she isn't revealing them because of some complicated reason that we don't know about, not because she doesn't consider Conan a friend (do you really think Ai & Conan aren't friends ? :l).

I never said Shiho 'should' be with Shinichi. I was just talking about how ShinRan rarely have an equal conversation and you throw a fit for some other topic. Ran & Shin aren't opposites btw.

Just like Conan doesn't trust Ran enough to let her know his secret ? The mess with the BO is complicated, being 'besties' doesn't automatically ensure that she will tell him everything, maybe she isn't revealing them because of some complicated reason that we don't know about, not because she doesn't consider Conan a friend (do you really think Ai & Conan aren't friends ? :l).

I never said Shiho 'should' be with Shinichi. I was just talking about how ShinRan rarely have an equal conversation and you throw a fit for some other topic. Ran & Shin aren't opposites btw.

I understand what you are saying, maybe she does have a reason, and by talking about "opposites" I only meant that since even "opposites" can be mutually attracted, then Shinichi and Ran can be too, not that THEY are necessarily opposites.

And I am not saying Ai and Conan aren't friends, I just made a grotesque exaggeration similar to the one you made when saying Shinichi and Ran can't have a proper conversation.

By the way, I like the ones you call "mushy moments". For people in love, they are normal. What are you calling "chemistry" then, if you are dismissing the Shinchi x Ran romantic moments as "mushy" and not part of a proper conversation? 

• Upvote 2

they lack good chemistry and have nothing in common

I doubt Shinichi got to know too much about her beliefs or personality.

Um...

Ran doesn't do everything because "that's what Shinichi would do". 

The New York Case is an example of course, and Ran acted without hesitation to save both Sharon and Rose. Shinichi's quote in that file is exactly what Ran believes, that you don't need a reason.

they have so much common ground and that the quote in the New York case is very special to her.

Also...

Ai & Conan are not similar. Can't say they're poles apart, but the two poles are not the only two personality types out there, neither are sharks & dolphins.

Let's see... snark/sarcasm, intellect, same situation (APTX). They are similar—Shinichi's/Conan's morals and desire to get involved in things is where he differs from Shiho/Ai, though she has picked up some of the former ("You can't buy people's hearts with money") from Shinichi/Conan. Which brings me to Shinichi's/Conan's effect on other characters, in terms of his morals... Ran may be affected the most (because they've known each other 13 years), but so many other characters in the series are affected, as well—Shiho/Ai, the Detective Boys, Heiji, so many of the culprits, including Vermouth. Ran being affected by Shinichi is not something that only happens to her.

You're right—the two poles aren't the only personality types... there's them, and then everything in between. I was just using sharks and dolphins as an example—an example that Shiho/Ai, herself, uses.

The only reason they even hung out together since their childhood was because 1)They didn't have many good friends.

Eh, no...

This is what we call a case of things that happen on screen that we, the observers of said fiction, don't see—they did make friends, from age 4 to age 16-17... we just didn't see it, because this is a mystery series, and, typically, their friends from school have nothing to do with cases. We do see their friends from high school, when it has to do with the current case, but they aren't shown most of the time, because, typically, their school has nothing to do with any cases. I certainly wouldn't mind if they interacted with these friends, even if it was just so that this accusation of "they have no friends" and "they have no good friends" would cease. Do we see Heiji's/Kazuha's friends? Kaito's/Aoko's/Akako's/Suguru's friends? Shiho/Ai's friends? No—and unless they're important to a case (or a heist, in MK's case), we won't be seeing them. Again, I certainly wouldn't mind if they interacted with these friends, even if it was just so that this accusation of "they have no friends" and "they have no good friends" would cease, and that goes for all the teenage characters.

Even in their flashback episodes you can really deduct how most of their interaction in their childhood went.

Oh, yes... one two-day adventure in three years (just under 1000 days)... so indicative.

They're already connected by the fact that three of their parents know each other... and speaking of which, Kogoro, in spite of being a gambling, alcoholic womanizer, has similar morals to Shinichi (see Kogoro's class reunion case, Kogoro's choice). His negative qualities haven't rubbed off on Ran, but his positive ones seem to have. Ran was the only one who stood up to Shinichi during his first ever deduction, and wasn't impressed. That, and the fact that Shinichi saw her being bullied, was what brought them together, initially.

I'll say it, again—the fact that Ran is kind-hearted and good is the reason he loves her, and also because she's "strong-willed and stubborn" (175). It certainly would help if Shinichi/Conan articulated why he loves her, but I can tell it's because of these reasons.

And it's true that while Shinichi loves Ran, he doesn't trust her—that's a problem. Her finding out would do quite a bit for character development, and to resolve this issue.

Now, then... I have to ask, have you seen the latest file (925), the raws of which came out, yesterday? What do you think?

• Upvote 4