Detective Conan World
ShionYasuoka

Characters you feel sorry for?

the characters that i feel sorry are: chiharu shirakawa yasuko kawakami mizuki tachibana miki kitagawa juri himuro miyuki hyuuga mitsuru higaki hitomi mari terehara noriko imai natsuki sakai natsuki koshimizu shouko hisazu kimie shimabukuro hatsuho hojo  kotone momozono haruka tendo yukiko mori rumi shimizu.

I feel sorry for Haibara. I mean, she is the victim of unrequited love for Shinichi/Conan. I may be a Shinxran fan, but I don't hate Haibara. She has been through a lot, with her parents and her older sister not being with her. If I look through her point of view, I would act exactly like her. She is either in denial or accepts her feelings but doesn't do anything about it, because she knows that Shinichi loves Ran. So, keep hanging in there Haibara, you'll get your happy ending soon  ^_^

• Upvote 1

I feel sorry for Conan, Ran, and Haibara. For Conan, while solving cases as a kid is tough enough, keeping secrets from the one you care for the most must be really hard to take in. It also must be really hard for him to see Ran heartbroken that Shinichi isn't around anymore.

I feel sorry for Ran because she hardly ever gets to see or spend time with her childhood friend Shinichi anymore, Even though she isn't aware that Conan is actually Shinichi. When she says that she's glad she gets to spend time with Conan because she reminds him of Shinichi, makes me feel sorry for her. She's been through a lot, but what I like about her is that she's very strong and never gives up.

For Haibara, is because the loss of her sister. That is very hard to take in. Also because she has to keep from being seen because the Black Organization are after her, so she's practically hidden from the public. She must be hurting inside, since she's been through a whole lot throughout the series. 

• Upvote 1

For some reason Conan does not seem to need our pity because he seems to be able to handle everthing really. We are forced to feel pity for Ran pretty often so a better answer here would be the Miyano sisters , Jodie and Kir.

I'd have to say Haibara. The episode where she broke down in tears to Conan, wondering why he didn't save her sister in time, got to me. From losing her parents, to being forced to work for the BO, (not to mention the chill she gets if one of them is around) had to have been rough on her.

The detective boys. They are living a pretty traumatic 20+ years of childhood, having to deal with bodies dropping left and right, kidnappers and murderers around every corner, and Agasa's quizzes :P

I feel sorry for a lot of characters. Shinichi, Ran, Haibara, the detective boys, Miwako Sato, Jodie, Akai Shuiichi, and many other characters (from certain cases,etc).

I do feel more pity for Haibara Ai.

1. She lost both her parents.

2. She was forced to work for BO.

3. BO killed her sister.

4. She does not have any childhood.

5.She is forced to be on guard and to trust no one

6. Always hiding and cautious about her surrounding

7. No one to actually listen to her story

8. has an unrequited love for Conan/Shinichi who loves Ran

9. Deceive a lot of people (detective boys)

That being said, I do feel that Haibara Ai/Shiho Miyano is one of the top characters that we have to feel sorry for  :(

It might sound weird, but the two  characters that I feel sorry for are :-

1. Asou Seiji (From the Moonlight Sonata Murder Case) : He was away from the death of his parents and sister, first consumed by the mystery. Then by the guilt of unknowing, then by revenge as he felt it was his duty to punish the men who punished his parents. More to that he was fully conscious while doing the murders and did not want to do them but felt obliged, plus he seemed to live for the sole purpose of doing that being the only culprit to commit suicide in front of Shinichi/Conan, plus he had to impersonate as a woman to get his revenge, plus his name Seiji first struck me as someone who is as incredible as Shinichi, don't know why..

2. Tatsuya Kimura (From the Karaoke Box Murder Case) : The man was in love in it's purest form, and had to suffer from the love he had. It's not unconditional love, but he did love her after what she did and yet he was unable to put his feelings into words and had the burden to keep his closest friends away so they won't miss him dearly. But it is his love that echos pain in a romantic relationship, in which a lover is unable to confess and lives with pain while the loved one is very very nearby..Sorts of like Shinichi, but he was heartbroken of the girl's attempt to change herself.

• Upvote 1

It might sound weird, but the two  characters that I feel sorry for are :-

I don't think it's weird at all, especially about Seiji; for some reason Gosho represents quite a lot of murderers in such a way that it would be weird NOT to feel sorry for them. Don't know why he follows this pattern, but Gosho always seems to carefully avoid introducing killers who act because of some evil/selfish motive like greed, thirst for power etc. Usually they act out of despair for private justice and I think wouldn't even commit the crimes in most cases if the police did their job and punished the original perpetrators. I really can't help but feel that it's the "victims" who are the real villains of the stories, not the murderers Conan catches (not really in Tatsuya's case though, I agree about him too). That's even if I don't say for the 10000000th time how much I am pissed at Conan for not condemning the victims' actions for provoking these revenge "chain reactions". Reading morals like he often does to people like those is like kicking a wounded person laying on the ground imo.

I don't think it's weird at all, especially about Seiji; for some reason Gosho represents quite a lot of murderers in such a way that it would be weird NOT to feel sorry for them. Don't know why he follows this pattern, but Gosho always seems to carefully avoid introducing killers who act because of some evil/selfish motive like greed, thirst for power etc. Usually they act out of despair for private justice and I think wouldn't even commit the crimes in most cases if the police did their job and punished the original perpetrators. I really can't help but feel that it's the "victims" who are the real villains of the stories, not the murderers Conan catches (not really in Tatsuya's case though, I agree about him too). That's even if I don't say for the 10000000th time how much I am pissed at Conan for not condemning the victims' actions for provoking these revenge "chain reactions". Reading morals like he often does to people like those is like kicking a wounded person laying on the ground imo.

Ikr, in the Kiritengu Murder Case for example. The killer simply commit the crime as an act of revenge for his late brother, who was murdered to keep him away from the daughter of the head of the temple. Why? because of the image that people try so hard to build, and are ready to go to extreme measures to save it. The Head wanted to marry his daughter into a wealthy people for a good connection and a good image. The image that provokes murder and crime at general, I would honestly say it is the people who create criminals and criminals create detectives and detectives save the people. But then again you cannot have light without darkness, it is the circle of life that we are stuck in and cannot escape. But a room of improvement is available, criminals in DC are the reflecting mirror of the society that creates them I guess. Therefore one should not provoke others to become criminals by being a nicer more considerate people therefore rescuing others and themselves, hopefully it'll happen.

• Upvote 1