Detective Conan World
SamKel.

can anyone convince me to become a ShinRan fan ?

I am a hardcorde ShinxShi fan and given the inevitable tragic ending I would like to at least stand the ShinxRan couple. Can someone give me a really good argument ?

I am a hardcorde ShinxShi fan and given the inevitable tragic ending I would like to at least stand the ShinxRan couple. Can someone give me a really good argument ?

Well, I don't know if my reasons sound convincing enough, but I support Shinichi and Ran because they are each other's first love and have been close since they were little. They have already become an inseparable part of each other's lives, being close for so long, and I admire people who remain faithful to one single person forever. Also, the author shows that, in spite of everything, they continue to love each other and are never tempted to break up and get together with somebody else. Separating them would be just cruel in my opinion.

As for Shiho/Ai, I think she might be a good friend for them. I am not sure Ai really loves Shinichi in a romantic way, although it's possible, but I am sure Shinichi doesn't feel towards her like that. If they got together, that would break Ran's heart (meaning their happiness would be based on somebody's unhappiness), while if Shinichi and Ran got together, who knows whether Shiho would really feel bad or would just say "oh well, I guess they know what they are doing" etc.

I hope I didn't sound disrespectful towards the Shinichi x Shiho fans, I respect their points of view even though support a different pairing.

I don't particularly care who people ship, but my argument would be basically because it's canon. Obviously plenty of people might like a different outcome, such as AI x Conan/Shiho x Shinichi, but outside of fan-fiction, it's likely not going to become more than a friendship between the two.

Gosho obviously wants it to be this way, so I support that, and personally I think Ai's character is interesting enough (or used to be) without a love interest. 

I'm not a Shin/Ran fan, nor am I a Ai/Conan fan, I just consider myself to be a Detective Conan fan.

There really is no proof that Shinichi has any romantic implications towards Shiho. He's already "confessed", and albeit a bit dodgy, there's been quite a bit of development for Shinichi and Ran as love interests. So again, because it's canon. Do you have to like it? No, certainly not. I actually don't like a majority of the romance throughout the series.

What's the argument for Shiho/Shinichi? Just curious (although I don't really want to open that can of worms). There seems to be a lot less of a basis for supporting a non-canon relationship where only Ai has made very subtle remarks in regards to her feelings towards Shinichi. From what I gather, it's because people think it would be interesting and not as cliche as the canon pairing. But really, would that be the case? I don't really like dabbling too much into fan-fiction, but maybe because I'm not a "fun" individual.

Don't force yourself to like something, that's never a solution. (Being a Shin/Shiho fan really doesn't have anything to do with this though, there are several "problems" throughout DC with romance in particular)