Detective Conan World
Balthazar Manfredie

DRAGON BALL SUPER

I dropped it since episode 5 until they got to episode 10, I just watched them all, and I think I'm dropping it off for good, I'm going to read the manga only, the anime is just horrible, the animation is mediocre at best, the ost is bad, the pacing is so slow it's not even funny, it's boring and there are some unnecessary things. 

• Upvote 1

I dropped it since episode 5 until they got to episode 10, I just watched them all, and I think I'm dropping it off for good, I'm going to read the manga only, the anime is just horrible, the animation is mediocre at best, the ost is bad, the pacing is so slow it's not even funny, it's boring and there are some unnecessary things. 

i do agree with this

the only reason im watching is cause my sister makes me to...dont be fooled, she is worse then buu

the transformations are ridiculous as will the ssjgssj ( red, blue, whatever )

the way they are drawn is painful for me since i am oldschool

and pilaf has overstayed his on screen time

his henchmen look like the rugrats

and enough with the fooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

for a young lad, you are wise 

The animation is way better now and we had plenty of great fights in the current arc.

2 hours ago, detConShin said:

I think you should skip the first 28 episodes if you have watched the movies

I cant do that

Its a wierd thing i have, i have to watch and judge them. So far they are lame. Once i get to universe 6 and trunks arc ill be more open minded

But if those 2 are anything like the first 2 and if they contradict DBZ ill hate it. 

This is just my pov, if folks love super then im happy for them. 

The guys they're fighting don't even look intimidating lol they made the frost guy look exactly like Frieza too. I'll pass. 

50 minutes ago, Ryo said:

The guys they're fighting don't even look intimidating lol they made the frost guy look exactly like Frieza too. I'll pass. 

I had issues with that as well. Granted they have made a lot of characters and its hard to keep up, then i stop and think that there are a lot of characters in japan that are famous and can base them on those characters. ( look at DC and Marvel and what they do. I mean its not that hard)

I realy hate this god transformation crap. From golden to crystal blue. The power levels are apsurd so huge that i dont know how he does not make the planet explode just by standing on them or flexing. 

Sudenly friezas hench men are strong like piccolo...whaaa???.

I dont understand how frieza can match them with little training. To match those levels. That was a stupid thing to do. And the fight ended like the one on namek...mostly. Turning into gold...wilde imagination there.

I see that trunks has changed his hair color for some reason.

Pilaf and his crew are stupid. I did like them in the past but now...ugh

This was supposed to be my fave show, new show that is, it let me down. The humor is there but sometimes the push it.

And i can go on about this, with only 12eps, 2movies and spoiler news to go from

Again, who ever likes this i glad that you like it. I love the legend of korra while my sis does not and she trash talks me all the time and thats cool. Its just a grumpy old mans opinion.

On the other hand, whats staling the US dub version

8 hours ago, Neo Balthazar said:

I had issues with that as well. Granted they have made a lot of characters and its hard to keep up, then i stop and think that there are a lot of characters in japan that are famous and can base them on those characters. ( look at DC and Marvel and what they do. I mean its not that hard)

I realy hate this god transformation crap. From golden to crystal blue. The power levels are apsurd so huge that i dont know how he does not make the planet explode just by standing on them or flexing. 

Sudenly friezas hench men are strong like piccolo...whaaa???.

I dont understand how frieza can match them with little training. To match those levels. That was a stupid thing to do. And the fight ended like the one on namek...mostly. Turning into gold...wilde imagination there.

I see that trunks has changed his hair color for some reason.

Pilaf and his crew are stupid. I did like them in the past but now...ugh

This was supposed to be my fave show, new show that is, it let me down. The humor is there but sometimes the push it.

And i can go on about this, with only 12eps, 2movies and spoiler news to go from

Again, who ever likes this i glad that you like it. I love the legend of korra while my sis does not and she trash talks me all the time and thats cool. Its just a grumpy old mans opinion.

On the other hand, whats staling the US dub version

I agree with a lot of points here. DBS does not even come close to dragon ball or DBZ. There is one good fight in the series and that is HIT VS GOKU. The fundamental problem with the series is that Goku and vegeta are just too strong and the z fighters are not improving at all. Further they have also set this upper limit of power that is that of the God of destruction something which was absent in z. With the power that Goku and vegeta have practically nobody can pose a threat to them which is a problem. I think I should clarify this-I find that super can be epic even with all these restrictions but still till now I have not got those chills that many DBZ fights gave me.

4 hours ago, detConShin said:

I agree with a lot of points here. DBS does not even come close to dragon ball or DBZ. There is one good fight in the series and that is HIT VS GOKU. The fundamental problem with the series is that Goku and vegeta are just too strong and the z fighters are not improving at all. Further they have also set this upper limit of power that is that of the God of destruction something which was absent in z. With the power that Goku and vegeta have practically nobody can pose a threat to them which is a problem. I think I should clarify this-I find that super can be epic even with all these restrictions but still till now I have not got those chills that many DBZ fights gave me.

and i have heard that there are saiyans in some other universe, that ruined all the pride speech talk vegeta gave in DBZ.

the fights are  weak, it looks like the fights from warm ups

and they really shorten the arcs, usually  4 sagas would be 200+ eps

I even read somewhere that akira toriyama does not like the anime...i could be wrong here

Way back when DB alfa sounded and looked more promising then this

I hold hope for it but wih 50+ eps in i dont know what they have to offer anymore

2 hours ago, Neo Balthazar said:

and i have heard that there are saiyans in some other universe, that ruined all the pride speech talk vegeta gave in DBZ.

the fights are  weak, it looks like the fights from warm ups

and they really shorten the arcs, usually  4 sagas would be 200+ eps

I even read somewhere that akira toriyama does not like the anime...i could be wrong here

Way back when DB alfa sounded and looked more promising then this

I hold hope for it but wih 50+ eps in i dont know what they have to offer anymore

Toryama did say he does not like the anime. I too was disappointed mainly because I am used to seeing the 5 hour fights of DBZ and not the 5 to max 40 minute fights of dbs.

55 minutes ago, detConShin said:

Toryama did say he does not like the anime. I too was disappointed mainly because I am used to seeing the 5 hour fights of DBZ and not the 5 to max 40 minute fights of dbs.

its not much as how the fights are long but how they are presented

i cant get any excitement out of them 

Yeah the whole Pilaf thing was entertaining in DB since it was still possible to outsmart Goku as a kid. But it's pretty senseless now with how strong he has become throughout the series. The Frieza thing confuses me as well. With Goku always maintaining his training (unlike Gohan), how could Frieza still be at an elite level. Still not a fan of the whole "God" transformations. A couple months ago they said the dub would supposedly come in July/August according to Toonami Asia, but there's been no hint at that occurring. Who knows, maybe another team, and not Funimation, is doing the dub. Idk. 

1 hour ago, Ryo said:

Yeah the whole Pilaf thing was entertaining in DB since it was still possible to outsmart Goku as a kid. But it's pretty senseless now with how strong he has become throughout the series. The Frieza thing confuses me as well. With Goku always maintaining his training (unlike Gohan), how could Frieza still be at an elite level. Still not a fan of the whole "God" transformations. A couple months ago they said the dub would supposedly come in July/August according to Toonami Asia, but there's been no hint at that occurring. Who knows, maybe another team, and not Funimation, is doing the dub. Idk. 

Thats it. They are going for the nostalgia of both DB and DBZ, mixing them together and the result is not the same. The characters are out of character. Im not making stuff up when i say that GT is 4 times better (imo)

Does anyone know how long this thing will be. It is popular, i think, for it to last a good while. 

Im sure they will make a earh world tour at some point. Some time a magic being will pop. Someone will experiment with science again.

It will be interesting to see the dub version.  Whoever does it.

6 hours ago, Neo Balthazar said:

Thats it. They are going for the nostalgia of both DB and DBZ, mixing them together and the result is not the same. The characters are out of character. Im not making stuff up when i say that GT is 4 times better (imo)

Does anyone know how long this thing will be. It is popular, i think, for it to last a good while. 

Im sure they will make a earh world tour at some point. Some time a magic being will pop. Someone will experiment with science again.

It will be interesting to see the dub version.  Whoever does it.

Funimation has started dubbing dbs 

On 30 July 2016 at 3:18 PM, Neo Balthazar said:

Im wondering if they will release any new movies. It would be nice

I don't think they have any plans to do the same in the next two years

On 7/30/2016 at 5:48 AM, Neo Balthazar said:

Im wondering if they will release any new movies. It would be nice

I don't think so. Might be better that way.