Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Chekhov MacGuffin

Include Remastered episodes in the anime listings?

13 members have voted

1. 1. [POLL IS CLOSED] Include remastered episodes?

• Yes, with Max's format
    • Yes, but I want it done differently than how Max is suggesting
    • No, I don't want remastered episodes shown in the anime listings, I like it how it is now.

Yes, I discussed it on the DCTP CBox and it seems other people think the same about the .5 numbering  :P Thanks for your input !

In this case, I think we could do this : normal episode number (for example, "176-178"), a different row color, and a little "(Remastered)" note next to the episode title.

(As for the poll, I'm voting for the "Yes but I want it done differently option" since I'm kind of disagreeing with my original opinion)

The two yes options will be added together as far as tabulating votes goes. If you want me to edit the original post to show off new organization ideas (anyone can contribute as well as Max) let me know.

In this case, I think we could do this : normal episode number (for example, "176-178"), a different row color, and a little "(Remastered)" note next to the episode title.

I think I like this idea, with a different color row and the "Remastered" subtitle. Though I don't think we necessarily must have some sort of numbering, I personally don't mind if it's left empty or filled with a "-" or something.

I said this on the talk:anime page, the layout is great, but I think the current orange is a bit bright. Maybe a lighter shade would be good. I like the grey orange #efead7 because it sort of visually signifies the remasters are filler.

I missed this discussion. But I have to say I prefer the eventual format (color coded) than the one originally proposed (.5).

Great work well done!

Hello everyone,

While I think any new piece of information can always be of use, I do have a few issues with the current format which I find lacks clarity and makes an already long episode list uselessly overly long with information that is likely not a priority for the average viewer.

I think it would be better if the remasters were either given their own section on the anime page or a page of their own referenced in the 'See also' section, but since Max disagrees with me I'm asking the vox populi for their opinion.

Thanks ! :P

I was against this separation because this way it can be used as a TV guide to fill the gaps between normal episodes. Some remasters / specials were aired in relation to an episode (for example, Black History and Contact with the BO before Clash of Red and Black). I also don't think it's that difficult to make the difference between normal episodes and remasters in the list, and about the length of the list, it changes barely anything in my opinion when the list is 800 episodes long anyway :P

Please let us know which way you prefer !

• Upvote 1

Maybe they should at least be taken out of the 'per season' pages then ? Since they don't technically belong to the season and it's a bit odd having the same episode in two different seasons.

Like : http://www.detective.../wiki/Season_24

Then, why not change the season format itself?

The wiki uses the DVD seasons because it was voted a few years ago, but nearly nobody still buys the DC DVDs (not to mention these DVDs don't even follow the real episode order). If we change the season format as 1 year = 1 season, then the Episode list becomes a real TV guide, and the question is solved.