Detective Conan World
Obelisk

Kaito Kid Final Showdown with Black Organization?

So I think I saw on a postcard that it said Kaito Kid may or may not show up in the final showdown with the black organization. 

I really liked how Kaito Kid was the "special guest" on team conan during jet black mystery train. (ahem spoiler) He came up really clutch at the very end after being hidden the whole time, which is fairly impressive that bourbon and vermouth couldn't even deduce who Kaito Kid was. Maybe they didn't get the information telling them that Kid would be on the train? Idk they are the Black Organization though, so I doubt they would miss that piece of intelligence. 

Anyways, do you guys want Kaito Kid to play a role during the final showdown or just have it be team conan + fbi vs black organization?

I personally would love to see Heiji and Kaito both play a role during the chaos. What do you guys think?

I wouldn't mind side characters contributing on major issues leading up to the final showdown (The FBI, Heiji, whatnot) but I think the true final showdown should only centrally involve the core characters from either side: Conan, Ran, Kogoro, Ai, the Boss, Gin, Vodka, Vermouth. Too many extra people just clutters the plot and takes away from the impact.

• Upvote 2

So I think I saw on a postcard that it said Kaito Kid may or may not show up in the final showdown with the black organization. 

I really liked how Kaito Kid was the "special guest" on team conan during jet black mystery train. (ahem spoiler) He came up really clutch at the very end after being hidden the whole time, which is fairly impressive that bourbon and vermouth couldn't even deduce who Kaito Kid was. Maybe they didn't get the information telling them that Kid would be on the train? Idk they are the Black Organization though, so I doubt they would miss that piece of intelligence. 

Anyways, do you guys want Kaito Kid to play a role during the final showdown or just have it be team conan + fbi vs black organization?

I personally would love to see Heiji and Kaito both play a role during the chaos. What do you guys think?

I just want to point out, I'm pretty sure that the special guest that Yukiko talked about was Subaru-san, since non of them knew who Kaito Kid was until Conan figured it out, anyway, I honestly don't think Kaito Kid is going to be involved with the BO, and I don't want it, and he himself doesn't want it as he stated in the mystery train case.

I'd rather not see Kid showing up for the final showdown, I didn't really like how he kinda "interfered" with the mystery train case...so yeah, I do hope it won't be the same thing with the final showdown since Kid isn't even a "DC character" in the first place (even though he's becoming more and more involved in it). Like MacGuffin said, it's okay if he shows up before but the final showdown should only have the main - main characters, in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

well, i did read gosho said he will not get kaito to confront with DC's BO again. <-or has new interview overwrite this?

conan will be there. shuuichi will come of course.

shuuichi kinda become conan's partner in confronting BO's. they are totally protective about ai too.

ai need to twist their arms first before entering the battle (if she want to confront BO, that is).

but i don't think ran have a good mental state to confront BO... kogoro is a better choice.

for BO's side, probably the high ranking one: Boss, RUM, and Gin (vermouth is on conan side)

the final probably will be full of strategies before entering the action part. maybe.

any type of police will help in action part, but the strategic part is for main chara only (minus ran).  B)

Though most of the people here doesn't want to involve kid in the final arc, I kinda want him to be part of the plan set up by Conan. His involvement is necessary for both the DC manga and the Kid manga. Also, the plot of the entire kid series is directly linked to a probable black org member.

Though most of the people here doesn't want to involve kid in the final arc, I kinda want him to be part of the plan set up by Conan. His involvement is necessary for both the DC manga and the Kid manga. Also, the plot of the entire kid series is directly linked to a probable black org member.

It's speculation, but I highly doubt that they are linked. They are most likely entirely separate from one another (and I thought Gosho had already confirmed this at some point)

Detective Conan's main plot definitely doesn't "need" Kid's involvement either.

Though most of the people here doesn't want to involve kid in the final arc, I kinda want him to be part of the plan set up by Conan. His involvement is necessary for both the DC manga and the Kid manga. 

I wouldn't say that Kid's involvement is absolutely necessary for the DC manga. Other than that one scene on the Mystery Train, I treated it like a side-plot because his involvement has never resulted in and is not necessary for plot progression.

Also, the plot of the entire kid series is directly linked to a probable black org member.

Just because it's possible that Kid may be facing BO members doesn't mean it's true. And I wouldn't go as far to say that it's "probable" either. 

The BO is a more realistic take of the MK Organization because the hunt for Pandora (a gem that supposedly grants immortality) is simply too unrealistic of a plot to be a part of DC--it ruins the realism that DC was originally established on.

Edited by Kenzi
  • Upvote 2

Actually, the MK Organization came first. The manga began in 1988 and they were there from the start.

ahahah, my bad.

That fact keeps slipping from the back of my mind since I've been more active in watching the anime than reading the manga.

Thanks for the correction!

• Upvote 1