Detective Conan World
Black Demon

Movie 20: The Darkest Nightmare

new character how disappointing :/

Spiderman-Crying.jpg

I doubt it though, since every character that appeared was BO related pretty much, so I don't see how they would've added an unrelated character, then again it could always be a fake teaser like with movie 18.

I was thinking that RUM does appear in flesh in the movie,-but in disguise-,and we will never know his real identity before it's revealed in the manga later on. :/ which would be a dirty trick from Gosho to attract viewers just to see a disguised person (obviously he will be disguised as a new character with a double colored pair of eyes)

I wouldn't be so sure about that. DC ratings have declined compared to the same period in 2014 and the MK series was huge promotion for M19 while M20 doesn't have anything comparable.

True

But Akai will be in it, they are bringing back kir ( strange to me ), the FBI will be there. All in all this has the potential for big money

And 18 had great boxoffice results. I did not like 18, and i think this one will be full of unreal action which im not a fan of in dc movies

The nature of Rum's appearance will depend upon what's going on in the manga, by April 16th (I think, by then, we'll be in the 950s-960s).

It could very well be that these eyes are the eyes of a character who will only appear in this movie.

Also, if this is Rum, is this Rum's true appearance, or is a disguise? People may be able to have one eye be one color and the other another color (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heterochromia_iridum), but yellow? It may be for the coolness factor, but I've never seen someone with an eye color like this person's right eye has.

Calling it now: an AO character with heterochromia designed to take advantage of Rum hype. The only reason Rum has been teased up for the movie was to entice fans to jump to conclusions and agitate the hype sectors. (Don't mistake this for jaded pessimism. Said AO character may be cool in the end.)

• Upvote 4

Calling it now: an AO character with heterochromia designed to take advantage of Rum hype. The only reason Rum has been teased up for the movie was to entice fans to jump to conclusions and agitate the hype sectors.

Probably. Maybe it's just there for looks as well and there won't even be a movie character. There's no way that the promo (not even the trailer) would reveal something so significant.

Seeing as how the rumor was that he had a prosthetic eye, it would be sensible to me that it's much more subtle, like Goudzou's appearance in MK1412, otherwise the rumor would be that Rum has two different colored eyes, and not a fake (whether they could recognize it or not). You'd think that someone with would choose a fake eye of the same color.

Yes very true,they never said that these eyes belong to RUM ,maybe they belong to another movie-only BO member that will have

a major role in the movie like Irish in movie13

Another thing that draws our attention is the statement  "The door to the hallowed ground must never be opened. But now, it will finally open." and vermouth's "Has that person started to move"

it reminds me of Haibara's statement about that person's mail number "a pandora box that shouldn't be opened"

isn't it too early to approach the boss and we still know nothing about the 2nd man in the BO

True

But Akai will be in it, they are bringing back kir ( strange to me ), the FBI will be there. All in all this has the potential for big money

And 18 had great boxoffice results. I did not like 18, and i think this one will be full of unreal action which im not a fan of in dc movies

I think that Movie 20's plot will be about someone who has obtained data on all the law enforcement spies inside of the Black Organization - a reverse of Movie 13. I'm not sure which agency (FBI, CIA, Japanese Secret Police) will be the source of the leak. For whatever reason this person isn't just handing it over to the Black Organization - maybe they want to sell it, or maybe they have some weird grudge and just want to kill spies. I don't know. The FBI needs to stop this person before this data is leaked to the Black Organization at large. Kir is in the movie because her info is on the list.

Seeing as how the rumor was that he had a prosthetic eye, it would be sensible to me that it's much more subtle, like Goudzou's appearance in MK1412, otherwise the rumor would be that Rum has two different colored eyes, and not a fake (whether they could recognize it or not). You'd think that someone with would choose a fake eye of the same color.

I don't think Rum's fake eye will be subtle. How would everyone know and agree he has one if it wasn't immediately obvious?

I don't think Rum's fake eye will be subtle. How would everyone know and agree he has one if it wasn't immediately obvious?

I worded that somewhat poorly, but I wasn't saying that people wouldn't notice it immediately. I meant in comparison to something like the promo. Artificial eyes can look quite realistic. Goudzou's prosthetic in MK1412 was certainly noticeable, but it wasn't right in your face either.

I think Rum certainly does have a prosthetic, but I don't think his prosthetic will allude to it being something like heterochromia, otherwise the rumor wouldn't be so consistent. 

I think that Movie 20's plot will be about someone who has obtained data on all the law enforcement spies inside of the Black Organization - a reverse of Movie 13. I'm not sure which agency (FBI, CIA, Japanese Secret Police) will be the source of the leak. For whatever reason this person isn't just handing it over to the Black Organization - maybe they want to sell it, or maybe they have some weird grudge and just want to kill spies. I don't know. The FBI needs to stop this person before this data is leaked to the Black Organization at large. Kir is in the movie because her info is on the list.

There is also the question of why Shuichi, not Shuichi/Subaru, is being advertised for this, especially since Dimensional Sniper is pretty recent. Shuichi appearing as himself to anyone but Shinichi/Conan, Jodie, James, Andre, Rei/Tooru/Bourbon, or Hidemi/Kir will carry potential for disaster—and this is especially true if there's been a leak.

if thats the case...i think i won't be enjoying it much 

if thats the case...i think i won't be enjoying it much 

And this is why the movies should be allowed to be as non-canon as possible—not just labeled "non-canon," and then prohibited from moving the story in directions the manga never would (or at least in a direction in which the manga hasn't yet moved).

Have a character die, have secrets be revealed, etc.

• Upvote 2

And this is why the movies should be allowed to be as non-canon as possible—not just labeled "non-canon," and then prohibited from moving the story in directions the manga never would (or at least in a direction in which the manga hasn't yet moved).

+1

It would be really epic if Heizo was RUM, that way, it gives a meaning to the fact that conan is hesitant in telling heiji about Rum, like a future setup!

If Heizo shows up in the movie, I'm gonna start suspecting him...

had that been the case, I'd able to finally cope with the fact that they are non-canon! Right, now because they've always been plot supportive, I'd like to consider them as canon!

had that been the case, I'd able to finally cope with the fact that they are non-canon! Right, now because they've always been plot supportive, I'd like to consider the as canon!

It would be really epic if Heizo was RUM, that way, it gives a meaning to the fact that conan is hesitant in telling heiji about Rum, like a future setup!

Problem—moral wife and moral son.

Why would he even want to marry, let alone a woman like Shizuka? Unless, of course, he wanted a child who'd become part of the BO. However, Heizo has made no effort, seemingly, to groom Heiji to take his place, and even if he didn't, wouldn't the BO want him to be groomed to join them? Look at Shiho.

Problem—moral wife and moral son.

Why would he even want to marry, let alone a woman like Shizuka? Unless, of course, he wanted a child who'd become part of the BO. However, Heizo has made no effort, seemingly, to groom Heiji to take his place, and even if he didn't, wouldn't the BO want him to be groomed to join them? Look at Shiho.

as a second in command, you might get away with many things,...it all depends on the relationship between the boss and Rum, shiho was especially important for the progression of their research!

as a second in command, you might get away with many things,...it all depends on the relationship between the boss and Rum, shiho was especially important for the progression of their research!

Would he want his son caught in the middle of all this? Would he want to have to potentially kill him, were a Shinichi at Tropical Land scenario to unfold? Same goes for Shizuka.

Would he want his son caught in the middle of all this? Would he want to have to potentially kill him, were a Shinichi at Tropical Land scenario to unfold? Same goes for Shizuka.

Even though he might be endangering his family, if he were to be disguised as someone else, he could live that double life, we need to note that Rum's descriptions indicate that he doesn't look that plain that it's easy to describe!

if he were to be disguised as someone else, he could live that double life

The Osaka Police Chief has time for that?

It's not that he'd just be endangering his family—he's directly going against their beliefs.

Raising a detective that might end up working against you isn't the best idea.

The Osaka Police Chief has time for that?

It's not that he'd just be endangering his family—he's directly going against their beliefs.

Raising a detective that might end up working against you isn't the best idea.

We can't be sure that heizo intentionally raised heiji to become a Detective right? Or is it confirmed?