Detective Conan World
Black Demon

Movie 20: The Darkest Nightmare

Hopefully, next Nagano case, Shiho/Ai will appear... that should help to make things clearer, in regards to this possibility.

Komei might not have been no.2 17 yaers ago,also Koumei is 35 so he might have joined the BO at 18 years

For Kuroda i believe he was involved with the BO which caused the accident that happened to him 10 years ago

The Previous no.2 was killed by Kuroda,the BO Infiltirated the police through RUM (i remember Gosho refusing to answer a uestion about BO infiltrating the police in this Year's interview)

They got info about the one who killed no.2 and made their hit on Kuroda that caused him to lose his right eye.They thought he was dead,but he woke up after a coma ,with his appearance changed and his name also.RUM was promoted at that time

so Kuroda is actually not RUM,but he is after RUM.

For Koumei,his background story doesn't contradict with him being RUM,he could possible be leading a Double-life.His long-time friendship with Kan-chan could be more thrilling when Kansuke discovers his identity,we might see a showdown between the two  friends.maybe one of them kills the other.

It's more exciting than just a cute friendship that doesn't enrich the plot

Komei might not have been no.2 17 yaers ago,also Koumei is 35 so he might have joined the BO at 18 years

For Kuroda i believe he was involved with the BO which caused the accident that happened to him 10 years ago

The Previous no.2 was killed by Kuroda,the BO Infiltirated the police through RUM (i remember Gosho refusing to answer a uestion about BO infiltrating the police in this Year's interview)

They got info about the one who killed no.2 and made their hit on Kuroda that caused him to lose his right eye.They thought he was dead,but he woke up after a coma ,with his appearance changed and his name also.RUM was promoted at that time

so Kuroda is actually not RUM,but he is after RUM.

For Koumei,his background story doesn't contradict with him being RUM,he could possible be leading a Double-life.His long-time friendship with Kan-chan could be more thrilling when Kansuke discovers his identity,we might see a showdown between the two  friends.maybe one of them kills the other.

Am I correct in presuming Hyoue didn't kill the previous number two on purpose? Or do you think otherwise? Police in DC go for capture, not kill (unless you think Hyoue was like Takeda, from the Woodpecker Case, who killed two suspects).

What about ASACA RUM? If Koji's hint means that Asaka is Rum, then how does that fit your theory? Was Taka'aki able to become Amanda's bodyguard at 18? I presume this would mean he would've been gone from Japan for an extended period—maybe this'll eventually come up.

Do you think if Taka'aki is Rum, he simply doesn't care about the knowledge that Kogoro Mouri has been made into a great detective by Conan Edogawa (and that there is such a smart child who looks just like Shinichi Kudo)? The same Kogoro Mouri who was nearly sniped by Chianti and Korn on Gin's orders after being suspected of bugging Hidemi/Rena/Kir and working with the FBI? Has Taka'aki, if he's Rum, not told "that person" or anyone else in the BO about this?

Akai's shadow minions from the Death Trap in the Darkness case were rumored to be Fusae and Billy. I have that listed as jossed in my records though.

And this was because Gosho said in an interview that we can ignore them, right?

I presume that, back when he originally wrote the story for that case, Gosho wanted us to think that these two were Vermouth and Calvados (at least after reading 425, in terms of the latter), but they'd then be revealed as Fusae and Billy during the Halloween Party Case or in the subsequent case.

Technically, it's "rumored," like you said, since it was never confirmed in the manga who these two were, but who else could these two be but Fusae and Billy.

It's possible,but not their habit

Now we should wait to watch the movie to get an answer to the uestion "why RUM used thier voice",they could simply deliver  their message through  text or any other way. The setting might explain this as well

Probably, other than the hype.. It might hint that Rum actually trusts Vermouth to an extent, or is trying to prove something (like his preference to speak rather than to type, or wants to appeal in some manner). Anyhow Rum may have a purpose in calling as Gosho-sama's revelation of Anokata's ID to the director most likely have something to do with Rum's appearance, my intake on this matter is that it shows just who are the people that Rum is in contact with. Or the extent of his power being the 2nd in the Org and all..

Probably, other than the hype.. It might hint that Rum actually trusts Vermouth to an extent, or is trying to prove something (like his preference to speak rather than to type, or wants to appeal in some manner). Anyhow Rum may have a purpose in calling as Gosho-sama's revelation of Anokata's ID to the director most likely have something to do with Rum's appearance, my intake on this matter is that it shows just who are the people that Rum is in contact with. Or the extent of his power being the 2nd in the Org and all..

And according to the summary of the movie, Gin's apparently afraid of Rum.

Hmmm.. could it be than Rum is way too vicious and more ruthless than the boss, hence why the boss hired him.. ??

He must be the strongest BO member i guess.

away from that  RUM discussion

the pre-story episode for the movie includes some silly conversation between conan and amuro at the begining.

I know Conan knows about amuro's identity,but is it normal to ask him about the BO & his work as Police and amuro answers normally?

I guess that Gosho didn't notice that,he should get mad at the anime staff when he watches that

Akai's shadow minions from the Death Trap in the Darkness case were rumored to be Fusae and Billy. I have that listed as jossed in my records though.

Billy_Shadow_Compare.jpg

Fusae_Shadow_Compare.jpg

Isn't that person smoking supposed to be Akai? Or was he shown to be somewhere else?

That's correct only if you believe that RUM is a new character.Which is not my opinion.

I personally believe that RUM is either a woman (we already have plenty of suspicious & unused female characters),or a feminine man.

Yeah but even if it is a character already introduced Gosho isn't obliged to use that person's VA at all, he might still use someone random.

He must be the strongest BO member i guess.

away from that  RUM discussion

the pre-story episode for the movie includes some silly conversation between conan and amuro at the begining.

I know Conan knows about amuro's identity,but is it normal to ask him about the BO & his work as Police and amuro answers normally?

I guess that Gosho didn't notice that,he should get mad at the anime staff when he watches that

Hmm I personally don't find anything wrong with that. I did expect their talk to be very calm, I think that even though Bourbon really hates Akai he probably doesn't have a big grudge against Conan, I have no proof but I don't think Bourbon would try to harm Conan, but yeah maybe it's a bit too much for Conan too talk directly about the Secret Police, who knows if that place is bugged after all... but I am quite sure they consulted Gosho on it first, and Gosho probably didn't mind. It was a very funny episode though, for a few minutes it seemed like it was a cooking anime not a detective one haha xD

Isn't that person smoking supposed to be Akai? Or was he shown to be somewhere else?

Akai doesn't wear glasses at this time and the other person is a woman with lipstick and a hat. Akai was also alone in his truck. These shadow people were driving a different vehicle.

Yeah but even if it is a character already introduced Gosho isn't obliged to use that person's VA at all, he might still use someone random.

I agree. You don't need anyone in particular since the voice is intentionally distorted to sound unrecognizable. Even though I expect good discipline among the staff, calling in someone otherwise not in the movie to voice one line would be a risk if it is the VA of a known person.

Hmmm.. could it be than Rum is way too vicious and more ruthless than the boss, hence why the boss hired him.. ??

Also in the movie summary, he orders Vermouth to tell Gin to spare Kir and Bourbon since their names are not on the NOC list that Curacao stole at the beginning of the movie... so, at least, he's not for offing codenamed members if it can be avoided.

Also, Curacao was once going to be killed, and Rum stopped it, claiming she was valuable to the Organization. I suppose it somewhat paid off, as a bunch of government agents infiltrating the BO were offed because she was able to steal that NOC list.

Akai doesn't wear glasses at this time and the other person is a woman with lipstick and a hat. Akai was also alone in his truck. These shadow people were driving a different vehicle.

I see, it has been very long since I last saw it so I didn't remember that part. Who were those people supposed to be though? Were they accompanying Akai? If so then could it be they were intended to be Jodie and James whose designs were not yet completed? Oh and did Jodie or James ever appear before this file? If not it might be likely that they were those two.

I see, it has been very long since I last saw it so I didn't remember that part. Who were those people supposed to be though? Were they accompanying Akai? If so then could it be they were intended to be Jodie and James whose designs were not yet completed? Oh and did Jodie or James ever appear before this file? If not it might be likely that they were those two.

Gosho never officially answered this on purpose—it was a part of the story that he aborted.

These two were meant to be Fusae and Billy from File 410–File 412/Episode 421–Episode 422 (Ginko-Colored First Love).

It was never confirmed that those were meant to be them, so you can't say that with certainty. Gosho said they are some of Akai's random FBI goons, so that's that.

It was never confirmed that those were meant to be them, so you can't say that with certainty. Gosho said they are some of Akai's random FBI goons, so that's that.

Yes, I can—who else could it have been, at the time?

Gosho then changed it so that they'd be two random FBI agents who'd never be referred to again because he pressed "abort" on Fusae's and Billy's involvement in the story, in this manner.

Am I correct in presuming Hyoue didn't kill the previous number two on purpose? Or do you think otherwise? Police in DC go for capture, not kill (unless you think Hyoue was like Takeda, from the Woodpecker Case, who killed two suspects).

What about ASACA RUM? If Koji's hint means that Asaka is Rum, then how does that fit your theory? Was Taka'aki able to become Amanda's bodyguard at 18? I presume this would mean he would've been gone from Japan for an extended period—maybe this'll eventually come up.

Do you think if Taka'aki is Rum, he simply doesn't care about the knowledge that Kogoro Mouri has been made into a great detective by Conan Edogawa (and that there is such a smart child who looks just like Shinichi Kudo)? The same Kogoro Mouri who was nearly sniped by Chianti and Korn on Gin's orders after being suspected of bugging Hidemi/Rena/Kir and working with the FBI? Has Taka'aki, if he's Rum, not told "that person" or anyone else in the BO about this?

And this was because Gosho said in an interview that we can ignore them, right?

I presume that, back when he originally wrote the story for that case, Gosho wanted us to think that these two were Vermouth and Calvados (at least after reading 425, in terms of the latter), but they'd then be revealed as Fusae and Billy during the Halloween Party Case or in the subsequent case.

Technically, it's "rumored," like you said, since it was never confirmed in the manga who these two were, but who else could these two be but Fusae and Billy.

For Taka'ai's suspicion of conan ,it was not mentioned that he knew he puts Kogoro to sleep or has weird toys that he uses like the bug he used on Kir's door in 425.

What i want to say is that Takaa'i  himself used to be super intelligent and played the detective game at the age of Conan,so Conan's intelligence is no susprise for him. i think he admires conan

Takaa'i ignores/doesn't  trusts everyone and usually works alone

For Taka'ai's suspicion of conan ,it was not mentioned that he knew he puts Kogoro to sleep or has weird toys that he uses like the bug he used on Kir's door in 425.

But he's clearly aware that the only reason Kogoro is considered a great detective is because of Shinichi/Conan. A seven-year-old is the brains behind Kogoro Mouri, who may have been working with the FBI, against the BO. That's not worthy of reporting (and I do mean reporting to the boss)?

Btw how's its box office doing? I guess the earthquakes will cause fewer tickets to sell unfortunately, still how does it compare to movie 18, 19 or lupin?

It's set a record for biggest opening weekend for the series, and one of the biggest opening weekends in general. 

04/16-17: ¥1.21 billion ($11.1 million) - Detective Conan: The Darkest Nightmare (Toho) WK1

04/23-24: ¥679 million ($6.1 million) - Detective Conan: The Darkest Nightmare (Toho) WK2

I do not know if anyone has asked this question before me but when will the movie be released on DVD and Blu-ray? Thanks in advance.

DVD rental release is in October I believe. The Blu Rays come out in November I think? Maybe October as well.

• Upvote 1

Thank you :rolleyes:

So it will not be released before that, right? :(

It's hard to say... I think the Korean release of M19 leaked last year in early September. 

We might get lucky and see it earlier, but hoping for anything but a couple clips of cam-rips is pretty wishful thinking. October is a safe estimate for when we'll be able to see the movie online.

• Upvote 1

It's set a record for biggest opening weekend for the series, and one of the biggest opening weekends in general. 

04/16-17: ¥1.21 billion ($11.1 million) - Detective Conan: The Darkest Nightmare (Toho) WK1

04/23-24: ¥679 million ($6.1 million) - Detective Conan: The Darkest Nightmare (Toho) WK2

Wow even after the earthquake, I'm impressed!