Detective Conan World
Black Demon

Movie 20: The Darkest Nightmare

Movie 20's Theme will be out next week

it was played in the background in the last ZIP video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vg6_IRmovM

It sounds alot like the electric guitar of Movie 10 theme,very nice change indeed ^^

Yes indeed it sounds like a good version. I also think the trailer had a few seconds of it.

Edit: Apparently this was the 3000th post of this section of the forum!

New Commercials for Movie 20:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDW_D_c8T_M

Translation from presumenothing:

First CM

CM dialogue (first link): "It's an order from RUM." "Don't go!" "What exactly do those people plan to start?" "The first one is you... Bourbon!"

Other one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbiwL1VsF2k

Second CM

CM dialogue (second link): "It's time for... the judgement of traitors!" "5" "4" "3" "2" "1" "0!"

Haha awesome! :D I don't know why but I was really looking forward to the main theme ^^ It's quite unique compared to the other ones so far I think, really sets the tone for the movie! ^^

I am looking forward to the movie, especially the "third character"!

If you think about it, the movie is definitely going to be great. But Gosho-sama will have to top that in the true ending of DC, just imagine how all of this would be nothing compared to the true ending :D ...

Two New CMs for Movie 20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycgz8aLOuy8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzNVaB2PjxA

Interview with Gosho Aoyama about Movie 20 via cinematoday

Translations by DCTP user Spimer

Q: Both anime and movies have been running for 20 years. How do you feel like?
A: "20 years already!"... That's the general feeling (laughs) I think it's surprising that it's come this far. I didn't think that the weekly magazine chapters would last this long. But I got to admit that the ammount of things I want do is steadily increasing. (laughs)

Q: You surely didn't think that a confrontation between the FBI, the PSB and the BO would become reality in the movies, did you? 
(NOTE: I know Amuro is not PSB but that's what's written in the interview. My hypothesis about why: the movie staff assumed Amuro was PSB and Gosho then thought of making him NPA but by then the script couldn't be rewritten) 
A: And that's the main dish of this movie. It's been made with the idea of "let's do this!". In the manga it's pretty hard to properly draw an action scene so there are some aspects that it can't portray. The confrontation between Akai Shuuichi (FBI Investigator) and Amuro Tooru (PSB-affiliated) is an aspect I wanted to do in this movie, so I thought that we could have them fight in the movie (laughs). I want fans to see this confrontation scene, I really do.

Q: Does it happen that the anime and/or the movie staff come to you with an idea, with "we want do this/that"? 
A: It more or less happens every year. They want to do something. It's not that they ask for this or that to be specially made for "this work (episode/movie)", it's always like this. When there are things hard to do in the manga. When I want to make things explode or draw a large-scale action in the manga then my assistants start crying (laughs). I think of doing things that can be done in a movie. 

Q: Would that mean that it was your idea to make the BO appear in this movie?
A: The reason the BO come out is the because the producer told me he wanted to do that since it's the 20th movie (laughs). But they've placed a lot of energy into it, really. A lot of ideas came up at the draft stage.

Q: It'd seem that you're working on an original illustration this year as welll...
A: That's correct. I drew Akai and Amuro on this illustration as well. There's another character, someone surprising, that shows up in that illustration too, so... Try searching for that illustration in the theater (laughs). 

Q: It'd seem that you're also supervising other things apart from the illustration...
A: Yes. I check the script and the storyboards as well. I'm more involved than the usual because the BO show up in this movie. I don't want trouble to pop out because the setting is wrong. The anime staff have been asking me a lot of questions ever since the drafting stage. And I shared the identity of the BO's "Boss" with the director and the producer of the anime staff. Because I think that, since they're making a story about the BO, I must explain that to them: else they wouldn't understand (laughs).

Q: Those words Ran said at the end [of the trailer] were surprising. Did you come up with them?
A: But of course I did! That line wasn't there at the beginning [of the project]. I inserted it when I went over the script but the storyboard at the time was almost finished, looked like there wouldn't be time [to fit the scene in] and it was about to be cut. But I thought those words were a must so I brought them back.

Q: If you say that supervised the draf and the storyboards then you must surely hold the post of General Supervisor, don't you?
A: It's something obvious in the "Conan" team. I feel like I don't join them because I don't see the need to join the team. I'm satisfied with writing the manga. When I see (other anime movies') manga authors being billed as General Supervisors, I end up thinking "What in the..." (laughs). 

Q: What would you do if they offered you to work in building a script from the very start?
A: I think that I might do that but if I were to do that then I would have to stop working on the weekly manga chapters... It's a difficult topic. If I were to do it I'd rather prefer to be the director. I'd like to draw a confrontation with Kaito Kid or the BO. Maybe I should come up with one... (laughs).

Q: You introduce all kinds of detectives in the Conan volumes' cover sleeve, the "Aoyama Gosho Detective Encyclopedia". A lot of detectives of movies and novels show up. Despite how busy you are you do check out other movies and drama series. 
A: I watch a lot of movies. It's hard to read novels (laughs) but you can see a film in 2 hours. I also check out drama series and mystery series. As of late I enjoy watching "Clinical Criminologist Himura Hideo's Deductions" every week. 

Q: Is there a movie that you like a lot?
A: "Amalfi: Rewards of the Goddess" (2009). I like it a lot: and it's not just because the guest voice actress acting in this movie [Movie 20] Amami Yuki - san [silver-haired woman role] is acting on it. I watch it a lot of times when I feel blocked or without ideas. It's a very good movie, from the start to the end. I like the lines by the characters too so I rewatch it a lot.

Q: Is there some aspect of movies that you see that gets reflected when you work on your works?
A: There is. The previous movie, Movie 19 "Sunflowers of Inferno", had elements from "Towering Inferno" (1974). Movie 13 "The Raven Chaser" had elements from "Blue Sunday" (1983). There are ideas born from having seen some movie. They can be used as examples and it's easy to explain to the movie staff by saying "like that scene of that film". 

Q: How do you come up with the tricks?
A: I and the editor in charge come up with most of them. We talk a lot in the workspace but our chat begins with "Have you seen anything interesting movies as of late?". We come up with a lot of ideas so we pick up the tricks that we could use. We do that everytime and it's hard (laughs).

Q: Does it happen a lot that the trick takes up more time than the story in your meetings?
A: It does happen. The story is faster. The tricks take up a lot of time. I think that the time to come up with the story is about 2 hours and the time needed for the tricks is about 8 hours more or less. It's pretty difficult. And we experiment as much as we can to see if the trick can be really used. The trick in the chapter being published in the Sunday magazine now (File 954-957) has been properly tested, truth to be told (laughs). 

Q: Do you think on the anime when you draw the original manga chapters?
A: I do think that "this might be hard to express in the anime" so I express it in a certain manner. It can be the movement between the panels, or a trick explanation that might be hard to do in the anime, trying to change the schedules.... Ah. But it's not like I think a lot about it (laughs). I draw the manga in my own manner.

Q: In the movie the BO is portrayed as gigantic but Gin and Vodka are riding in an amusement park's roller coaster in the 1st chapter of the manga. Was it on your schedule from the start that the BO would become such a big thing?
A: I'll leave that up to your imagination. But it's pretty rare that Gin and Vodka were riding the roller coaster... Vodka might've made the queue to buy the tickets and ask for "2 adult tickets", I guess (laughs). 

Q: "Conan" has fans that range from small kids to grown-up adults. We'd like of you to give them a message.
A: In some fan letters it was said that, when they were a kid, they found the drawings to be cool. And when they became an adult they could understand the story. So they could enjoy it twice. So, those parts that a small kid can't understand can be checked out when they become adults: and thus they can enjoy "Conan" a lot of times. Adult fans: please enjoy Conan even if you go on aging, don't graduate from it. If you have a son or a daugther... Then please go watch it together (laughs).

New Movie 20 Goods by Movic

(NOTE: I know Amuro is not PSB but that's what's written in the interview. My hypothesis about why: the movie staff assumed Amuro was PSB and Gosho then thought of making him NPA but by then the script couldn't be rewritten) 

Wait what? Amuro isn't PSB?

Btw can someone please explain the difference between PSB and NPA?

Q: It'd seem that you're also supervising other things apart from the illustration...

A: Yes. I check the script and the storyboards as well. I'm more involved than the usual because the BO show up in this movie. I don't want trouble to pop out because the setting is wrong. The anime staff have been asking me a lot of questions ever since the drafting stage. And I shared the identity of the BO's "Boss" with the director and the producer of the anime staff. Because I think that, since they're making a story about the BO, I must explain that to them: else they wouldn't understand (laughs).

The hype :D .. Imagine if they spoiled it :D :D

They wouldn't understand what?! My guess is that he was afraid they include the Boss in the movie plot without understanding that it would cause trouble in the plot.So......this "might" be a confirmation that the Boss has already appeared??

We still need to watch the movie to understand what he means by "setting"

Also,why there is no Private screening Spoilers thread on this forum? :D

Is the movie realesed yet,on net they are showing that it hasn't realesed yet,waiting to watch the movie

While some screenshots and the teaser for Movie 21 (Next year's movie) may come out within a month or so, we'll be lucky to get a disc quality copy of the film by October—that's the way it's been for a while, in terms of DC movies.

Japan's anti-piracy laws are stronger than most, I believe, so you're unlikely to even find low-quality camcorder versions of Movie 20.

James Black's new VA is Takaya Hashi. (Not sure of source, saw it on twitter) - His former VA was Iemasa Kayumi, but he passed away in late 2014. The first time the character had a new role is with Movie 20, hence the replacement.

ay9JOZn.png

Part 1 of detailed movie spoilers from tumblr user Yuzu Japan

Some heavy spoilers from 2ch (translated by Startold) from the Red Thread's page - open at your own risk.

73aOBEH.png

I did not know that

Shame tho

I loved the guy

Yeah, he was excellent in Ghost in the Shell (95 movie), which was one of my first introductions to anime in general (not that I've ever really been big on it until lately).

Great series in general. Saw a bit of SAC back when it started airing, but only recently completed it subbed. Would have been pretty cool if MG's VA and James Black's former VA had a scene together.

Seems the new guy also had a role in Ghost in the Shell. Don't remember his voice at all.

Yeah he was also the main antagonist in FMAB, great voice actor for such serious roles I think.

They wouldn't understand what?! My guess is that he was afraid they include the Boss in the movie plot without understanding that it would cause trouble in the plot.So......this "might" be a confirmation that the Boss has already appeared??

Yes I believe it is a declaration that the boss is someone who has appeared in person and someone we know, not just a "full name" that could have appeared in books, logs, etc. I really think it is a recurring character and not someone who has not yet been introduced. After all, mystery is at its best when the culprit is someone we might have known for over 20 years but still didn't figure out who it is.

Yeah he was also the main antagonist in FMAB, great voice actor for such serious roles I think.

Yes I believe it is a declaration that the boss is someone who has appeared in person and someone we know, not just a "full name" that could have appeared in books, logs, etc. I really think it is a recurring character and not someone who has not yet been introduced. After all, mystery is at its best when the culprit is someone we might have known for over 20 years but still didn't figure out who it is.

Yes,another thing is about RUM. This movie confirms that he is not a new character,Otherwise why would they hide his/her voice actor.

But this doesn't mean that Gosho's AC hint was related to RUM,he still could have been trolling about LUM. which means Kuroda is also a suspect (though very low possibility)

While some screenshots and the teaser for Movie 21 (Next year's movie) may come out within a month or so, we'll be lucky to get a disc quality copy of the film by October—that's the way it's been for a while, in terms of DC movies.

Japan's anti-piracy laws are stronger than most, I believe, so you're unlikely to even find low-quality camcorder versions of Movie 20.

Aww..... That means I have to wait till October

Yes,another thing is about RUM. This movie confirms that he is not a new character,Otherwise why would they hide his/her voice actor.

But this doesn't mean that Gosho's AC hint was related to RUM,he still could have been trolling about LUM. which means Kuroda is also a suspect (though very low possibility)

I don't agree with that logic. Why would they reveal the voice actor just because it's a new character? It would be just as bad if they ruined the Rum reveal because they used the same voice actor as the new character, who is his true identity. I think it was good of them to hide the voice overall, I mean I already think it's a big step for them to make Rum have dialogues in the movie in general, since his speech patterns should fit his true identity and it might be a big help in revealing his gender.