Detective Conan World
Black Demon

Movie 20: The Darkest Nightmare

Yeee so much action in the trailer. What's their angle though? The Black Org appearance is, without a doubt, fanservice (I mean they completely threw subtlety out the window when they decided to squeeze in every last BO member/spy/alphabet soup agency in the teasers and trailers), but then there's the deal with RUM. Has the animation studio or Gosho stated whether or not this will be canon? I'm hoping that this will be at least semi-canon, like what they did with Kid in Movie 3. Otherwise, they're building themselves a ridiculous amount of hype with almost no weight.

I actually wouldn't mind a DC action movie with BO elements. The Michael Bay in me still likes some exploding Apaches (taken in small doses) and Vermouth/Akai are pretty cool.

Ran though why just why

Nothing's been stated regarding the canonicity of the movie, so I'll assume it will be non-canon until otherwise stated. I don't know what you mean by "semi-canon" in regards to M3 though, that one is non-canon as well as all the other movies.

Nothing's been stated regarding the canonicity of the movie, so I'll assume it will be non-canon until otherwise stated. I don't know what you mean by "semi-canon" in regards to M3 though, that one is non-canon as well as all the other movies.

Okay, thanks :D The anime played off of what happened in M3. They simply assumed that Kid knows Conan's identity after the events of M3, but never made any concrete reference.

Okay, thanks :D The anime played off of what happened in M3. They simply assumed that Kid knows Conan's identity after the events of M3, but never made any concrete reference.

Well, I think the movies certainly continued on with that idea... but I wouldn't say the anime played off of Kid knowing Conan is Shinichi. I don't think there's ever been any connection of any sort in regards to that so we've always pretty much treated that Kid doesn't know in the manga.

Even if they did a "reveal" like M18 (which is highly unlikely imo), I think at this point, there's no indication that any of the movies will ever be connected to the manga.

I believe Gosho said he wanted to be the director or something of that nature, but simply doesn't have the time... He was responsible for the Mysterious Woman's character design though (but I don't think that really means anything either).

The following Kaitou Kid movies played off the events of M3, but neither the anime nor the manga did. There is nothing to suggest that Kid knows Conan's identity in the manga and anime, e.g. he doesn't treat him any different than before M3 in the manga and anime.

The movie website has received another major update.

Most of the updates can be found on this page: http://www.conan-movie.jp/message.html
The profile of black section has updated with a relationship chart, and the movie website section has also included new sections, consisting of a message from Gosho Aoyama, staff and movie cast, special guest Yuki Amami, and the theme song for the movie.

Official art from the Facebook page:

12803164_899897143442955_175501969640657

the cast page only seems to list

Conan, Ran, Kogoro, Megure, Agasa, Ayumi, Genta, Mitsuhiko, and Haibara 

and all of the main production staff

Plus the special page for Odd Eyes woman. 

Megure was not recently "confirmed", until now

although he seemed pretty obvious since Chiba was already confirmed 

conans pose with his finger in his ear, whats it mean

other than that, its a nice poster

means he is wearing earphones(earpiece, or whatever it's called) for communication...

What's Ms. Heterochromia's name, and what's the name of the spiky-haired guy with glasses between Korn and Shuichi?

For Ms. Heterochromia it says (if I'm not mistaken) "Woman with Amnesia" (記憶喪失の女 Kioku Sōshitsu no On'na)

• Upvote 1

For Ms. Heterochromia it says (if I'm not mistaken) "Woman with Amnesia" (記憶喪失の女 Kioku Sōshitsu no On'na)

I knew it :P judging by the amount of kanji characters, it definitely wasn't a name x)

hi

I've read a topic on tokyohive about B'z theme song for conan's movie 20 and it was mentioned that B'z wrote the song inspired by conan's dark side in the movie's script

any idea about what dark side he means?

hi

I've read a topic on tokyohive about B'z theme song for conan's movie 20 and it was mentioned that B'z wrote the song inspired by conan's dark side in the movie's script

any idea about what dark side he means?

I guess Shinichi/Conan may do "dark" things because he sees an opportunity to bring down the Organization.

I guess Shinichi/Conan may do "dark" things because he sees an opportunity to bring down the Organization.

dark things like what?

Do u mean that he might be making a deal with vermouth or something of that sort

Or maybe that Conan struggles with dark feelings in the movie, e.g. an overwhelming feeling of hatred and lust for revenge in regards to the Organization or something. We'll have to see; Conan has committed crimes like planting bugs on normal people and police officers before, so it's probably not something comparatively small like that.

I imagine this Black Organization woman being in a state of amnesia and easily manipulable because of it is tempting. He could apply psychological pressure by lying and threatening her subtly. Having seen so many criminals do it, I am sure he knows what strategies work the best. Conan's honorable nature might have to fight for supremacy when handed a BO woman who can easily be exploited if he is willing to let his morals slide just a bit.

FYI random people who wander in from the internet, Conan is not a pervert. He is a teenage detective who just wants leads on the secret society of criminals which gave him a drug that turned him into a seven-year old. This gang of criminals has been going around and murdering people for 20+ years. In this movie he finally gets one of their members at his mercy - he stumbles across one with amnesia. 

A couple new things:

New short video / commercial for Movie 20 here: https://twitter.com/karen_detectiv/status/710222199295086592

Features the Mystery Woman / Yuki Amami.

Here's a scan from SS#17 with Akai vs Bourbon promoting the new movie. Given the movie website did make a mention of the upcoming interview with Shuichi Ikeda and Tohru Furuya, maybe it has something to do with that? Interview is here: http://www.animate.tv/news/details.php?id=1458689734

YwnVxiJ.jpg

Also, Detective Conan (Movie 20) will be on the cover of Shonen Sunday Super (March 25th's issue, which will feature a manga adaptation of Movie 5 - Countdown to Heaven)

CeM5R0FVAAEiJax.jpg

Scan from SS#17 relating to SSS:

jkRO2Vf.jpg

From http://www.websunday.net/super/

M8gwfC4.png

• Upvote 1

A couple new things:

New short video / commercial for Movie 20 here: https://twitter.com/karen_detectiv/status/710222199295086592

Sango Yokomizo will also apparently be in this year's movie (not sure if that was known before).

It's actually from http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Murderous_Intent_Raining_on_an_Outdoor_Spa, not this movie..

Also 2nd ZIP only says she (CV) is Kogoro fan, nothing else..