Detective Conan World
Black Demon

Movie 20: The Darkest Nightmare

Just saw the trailer. Intense Black Org stuff is pretty hype, no matter what some say, haha. Only complaint is Ran stealing away 2 seconds for her damsel in distress image. But danngggg, I have to catch up now.....

To people still trying to avoid those spoilers:

SqZlt1I.jpg

Edit: been away so long I forgot the tags >.<

Edit 2: Fixed

• Upvote 1

Sorry about that. I mean, some places get movies as Japan airs them and even have subtitles already in theater... like there was a theater 50 miles from where I live that had the latest DBZ movies released as Japan did. But, unfortunately, they have yet to do that with any Detective Conan movies. If they did, I'd totally be all over that. But, at least there are other things to preoccupy our minds for a while.

well, I won't find Sh*t in the Swedish Theaters! Anime is oriented for children here!

Just saw the trailer. Intense Black Org stuff is pretty hype, no matter what some say, haha. Only complaint is Ran stealing away 2 seconds for her damsel in distress image. But danngggg, I have to catch up now.....

[image src=https://i.imgur.com/SqZlt1I.jpg]

Edit: been away so long I forgot the tags >.<

I agree! The only way they can justify this is if Conan was in real danger and not the other way around!

...we all make mistakes xD

I agree! The only way they can justify this is if Conan was in real danger and not the other way around!

...we all make mistakes xD

True, true. I don't mind Ran as much if she's playing the big sister role. But when Ran gets into danger and there's the ten minutes of "intense" (lol not really) switching back and forth between Ran saying "Shinichi" and Conan saying "Ran"....... No thanks, mate.

I don't want to end on a negative note though. So BLACK ORG GUYS YAYYYY

well, I won't find Sh*t in the Swedish Theaters! Anime is oriented for children here!

Oh normally we don't find that around here either for similar reasons. Though, with enough "demand" from viewers, there has been a few theaters state wide that have acquired things every now and then. Aside from that DBZ movie I mentioned the last anime in theaters was whenever the Yu-Gi-Oh! Movie came out back in the early 2000's area.

• Upvote 1

Oh normally we don't find that around here either for similar reasons. Though, with enough "demand" from viewers, there has been a few theaters state wide that have acquired things every now and then. Aside from that DBZ movie I mentioned the last anime in theaters was whenever the Yu-Gi-Oh! Movie came out back in the early 2000's area.

Oh my god I remember when that came out, I wanted to see it so bad. They gave out cards if you saw it in theatres. 

• Upvote 1

Omg, that same YGO movie("The pyramid of Light" right?) could be seen on one exclusive theater here too...

YGO was really popular at the time!

But wish DC had a chance...but because of the crime shown on "cartoon", they would've never allowed it!

Oh my god I remember when that came out, I wanted to see it so bad. They gave out cards if you saw it in theatres.

Me too, but the thater was too far away from home so I just borrowed it from a friemd when it came out on dvd/vcr or something...

Me too, but the thater was too far away from home so I just borrowed it from a friemd when it came out on dvd/vcr or something...

Same. Just like I did when the Digimon movie came out in 2000. Back when these shows were super popular. I don't think there's current kid shows that can replicate that. 

Update from Conan Movie 20 website: 

Detective Conan Secret Night 

「名探偵コナン シークレットナイト」in 池袋HUMAXシネマズ

今年も開催決定!!

毎年恒例の「名探偵コナン シークレットナイト」が今年も開催いたします!

イベント日時・チケット購入方法については、

1月22日(金)14:00より池袋HUMAXシネマズ 公式HPにて解禁!

是非チェックしてください!

(From above link: )

★コナンファンの皆様、お待たせいたしました!

コナン愛に包まれた奇跡のオールナイトイベント、シークレットナイトが今年も開催決定いたしました!

「名探偵コナン シークレットナイト」 in 池袋HUMAXシネマズ

イベント日時・チケット購入方法については1月22日(金) 14:00 より当サイトにて解禁いたします。

是非チェックしてください!!

Paraphrasing the above since there was a lot of repetitive info.

★ To every Conan fan, thank you for waiting! Conan love wrapped up in a miraculous all-night event, the annual "Detective Conan secret night" will be held again this year in Ikebukuro HUMAX cinemas!

Information on events and how to buy tickets will be revealed on Ikebukuro HUMAX cinemas' official website on Jan 22 (Friday) at 14:00.
Come check it out!

It just hit me, it might be a 'reversed' hint. Think about, if the movie is canon or non-canon, the involvement of three foreign spies in the BO should mean something. It is still problematic if the movie is non-canon, and my theory won't hold, but a chance stands. If it is what I think it is, then the three spies are meant to prove the international widespread of the BO. Since as far as we know, BO exists in Japan and U.S.A, we never got to know the full extent infamy of the BO. Therefore if what I think is true, Gosho-sama is trying to tell us that the BO has reached the Canadian, British and the German soils. OK now I get where I went wrong, the BO did reach Germany's land, proven by the ownership of Gin's Porsche which is an exclusive manufacture product that exists only in Germany. So aside from U.S, Japan and Germany, one can guess they reached Canada and Britain, which leads to the following question. Why are these countries in particular to be relevant? What is common among these countries? Due they hold significant plot related twist?. Could it be that one of the BO's higher ups is half Japanese half (one of these countries), or is it because the BO wants to control lots of money (as claimed by Gosho-sama in an early interview) that they have reached these countries?. My guess is that they are relevant for the spies of secret government forces to know of their existence and infiltrate the BO... What are your thoughts?? 

Here's something you ought to consider:

That many groups (intelligence agencies) with state-level resources and they can't take the BO down? It's simply impossible.

So maybe they can't find the boss, but that much manpower could destroy the entire BO infrastructure to the point where the Organization becomes totally impotent. All those agencies combined could simply blitz the Organization at the hideouts they know about and and capture most of the medium level codename agents and the not codenamed ones, and maybe some of the executive ones as well. With their combined investigative powers they could easily track down most of the cash, weapons caches, sponsors, shell companies, laboratories, etc. The boss maybe escapes, but they will have gotten 90% of the Org and ruined its operation and the boss's plans. Without legs or a body, the head is useless. And good luck if the boss tries to rebuild, because everyone will be alerted and on the lookout.

Here's something you ought to consider:

Good point, but I'm guessing just like with Shuu and Kir. They don't know of the others true allegiance, therefore alone they won't take a risk considering their high level sneaking skills. Think about it, if the U.S own governmental secret agencies were not in corporation from the first place and Shuu had to know Kir's CIA involvement only later, then what would you think of spies from different agencies from different countries.

Good point, but I'm guessing just like with Shuu and Kir. They don't know of the others true allegiance, therefore alone they won't take a risk considering their high level sneaking skills. Think about it, if the U.S own governmental secret agencies were not in corporation from the first place and Shuu had to know Kir's CIA involvement only later, then what would you think of spies from different agencies from different countries.

And what of their superiors? The agents may not know, but their superiors must, through the grapevine, as it were. Germany, the U.K. and the U.S. are allies, the latter two especially so. I don't think they'd keep each other in the dark about a global criminal organization. They are also allies with Japan, the source country—I don't see them not cooperating with each other to deal with such a threat, and not doing some pretty decent damage, at the very least.

Thing is, the movie—the non-canon movie—is saying the BO is a global presence. At most, the manga involves the U.S. and maybe the U.K., in terms of countries that the Japan-based BO has managed to reach and influence.

And what of their superiors? The agents may not know, but their superiors must, through the grapevine, as it were. Germany, the U.K. and the U.S. are allies, the latter two especially so. I don't think they'd keep each other in the dark about a global criminal organization. They are also allies with Japan, the source country—I don't see them not cooperating with each other to deal with such a threat, and not doing some pretty decent damage, at the very least.

Thing is, the movie—the non-canon movie—is saying the BO is a global presence. At most, the manga involves the U.S. and maybe the U.K., in terms of countries that the Japan-based BO has managed to reach and influence.

That's what I say, but I do remind you again that the FBI and the CIA didn't know of the other's knowledge on the existence of the BO and didn't cooperate and they are from the same country. What do you think about agencies that are far away, besides it might be that one agency does not know or want to know other spies in order not to risk exposing them to the BO.

this came out

Seems like a lot of bombs will go off

That's been out for over a month.

That's what I say, but I do remind you again that the FBI and the CIA didn't know of the other's knowledge on the existence of the BO and didn't cooperate and they are from the same country. What do you think about agencies that are far away, besides it might be that one agency does not know or want to know other spies in order not to risk exposing them to the BO.

And I say this is proof the BO is, indeed, in the manga, not a global issue, as it will be in Movie 20—if it were, they would have told each other. While the CIA's involvement in this would be expected, the FBI's involvement is quite irregular—just how did Jodie's father get involved with the business of the BO?

That's been out for over a month.

And I say this is proof the BO is, indeed, in the manga, not a global issue, as it will be in Movie 20—if it were, they would have told each other. While the CIA's involvement in this would be expected, the FBI's involvement is quite irregular—just how did Jodie's father get involved with the business of the BO?

I'm guessing, he probably investigated a bombing case (BO's MO :D ), and came upon the discovery of the BO. He started investigating a link, a famous actress at the time thought to be 'connected'. And as he tails her, he finds out a lot about her. A mistake slips, and the actress Vermouth finds out. She then decides to look up on him and finds out he is FBI, she decides to take him down without BO's knowledge so that no one would know of her mistake. After she does so, we know what happens, however little did she know that the spy had a daughter who could confirm his hidden documents regarding the existence of a large criminal corporate..

• Upvote 1

@Shinan-Kudogawa and @DCUniverseAficionado

It just hit me, it might be a 'reversed' hint. Think about, if the movie is canon or non-canon, the involvement of three foreign spies in the BO should mean something. It is still problematic if the movie is non-canon, and my theory won't hold, but a chance stands. If it is what I think it is, then the three spies are meant to prove the international widespread of the BO. Since as far as we know, BO exists in Japan and U.S.A, we never got to know the full extent infamy of the BO. Therefore if what I think is true, Gosho-sama is trying to tell us that the BO has reached the Canadian, British and the German soils. OK now I get where I went wrong, the BO did reach Germany's land, proven by the ownership of Gin's Porsche which is an exclusive manufacture product that exists only in Germany. So aside from U.S, Japan and Germany, one can guess they reached Canada and Britain, which leads to the following question. Why are these countries in particular to be relevant? What is common among these countries? Due they hold significant plot related twist?. Could it be that one of the BO's higher ups is half Japanese half (one of these countries), or is it because the BO wants to control lots of money (as claimed by Gosho-sama in an early interview) that they have reached these countries?. My guess is that they are relevant for the spies of secret government forces to know of their existence and infiltrate the BO... What are your thoughts??

I think the truth might be a hybrid of what you both are suggesting.

I think the involvement of the FBI and CIA (And maybe MI6) and even Movie 20's premise are clear signs the BO has international reach and has caused some damage in foreign countries. Even western intelligence groups don't go out and purely try to right wrongs and vanquish evil; they have to be able to justify some benefit to their home country.

Perhaps the BO's overseas crime don't look like they are caused by an international-level mafia with a lot of power, thus intelligence agencies won't identify them properly and collaborate well. (And that's where I think the movies and AO scenes go wrong; they make the BO's power and reach far too obvious. Simulated-assassination of a US vice president, coordinated killings of different nations' intelligence officers one after another so it easy to tell they are connected to the same international motive, and stealing US military aircraft are too much.) If you look at the canon crimes we know the BO has committed overseas, it seems to be mostly bribery, threats to force the exchange of information, and single target murder (which does get attention, in this case the FBI's). It might be enough to get local intelligence involved, especially if they sense a pattern over time, but not enough to go bugging foreign countries about it. Hence you get a piecemeal response from everyone (especially since no one likes to share info).

The sort of criminal tactics that make it clear they are a large mafia-like group may only be reserved for Japan because their homebase is there. They have to commit more and flashier crimes for "housekeeping" so to speak.  One example is the attempted assassination of Domon Yasuteru to prevent a politician hard on crime who might pursue them from rising to power. That sort of attention-grabbing political assassination might not be needed in foreign countries where they are just there to extract "resources" (technology and researchers, etc.) because they don't have many of their assets tied up there. (And as long as they keep it in Japan, they stays Japan's problem, not everyone else's.)

I'm guessing, he probably investigated a bombing case (BO's MO :D ), and came upon the discovery of the BO. He started investigating a link, a famous actress at the time thought to be 'connected'. And as he tails her, he finds out a lot about her. A mistake slips, and the actress Vermouth finds out. She then decides to look up on him and finds out he is FBI, she decides to take him down without BO's knowledge so that no one would know of her mistake. After she does so, we know what happens, however little did she know that the spy had a daughter who could confirm his hidden documents regarding the existence of a large criminal corporate..

It could be two different events entirely that triggered the interest of the US law enforcement in the Black Organization. The events might not have been high enough priority individually to get the CIA and FBI to inform each other from the start. The FBI seems to have the most unusual involvement of everyone. I'm thinking that someone in the FBI ranks (James Black, Mr. Starling) made an unorthodox decision to chase a personal motive (Mr. Starling's and Mr. Akai's death probably). Events unfolded, and then it became hard to justify a joint task force without revealing the not by-the-books steps the FBI took to get where they are today. The Akai-killing-Scotch situation seems to have completely damaged any official US and Japan collaboration.

I like how they spoiled the helicopter is gonna catch on fire and explode. On the poster. (Well we knew that anyway, the track record for helicopters in Detective Conan movies has been poor since Movie 2)

Any guesses on how it gets taken out this time? I hope Gin's hair survives.