Detective Conan World
Black Demon

Movie 20: The Darkest Nightmare

I threw "junkoku" as hiragana into the japanese dictionary I use for reference. I got back 殉国 【じゅんこく】 (n) dying for one's country (like the soldier in a war sense). The title has quite the double meaning.

Apologies for the double post but the plot synopsis has been posted at the Movie 20 website and ANN

http://conan-movie.jp/news20/

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-12-01/20th-detective-conan-film-title-visual-story-unveiled/.95985

On a dark night, the Japanese police is raided by a spy. Different countries' intelligence agencies—such as England's MI6, Germany's BDN, and America's CIA—as well as the FBI's secret files are going to be taken, but public safety officers lead by Tooru Amuro arrive just in time. The spy steals a car and escapes. The spy and Amuro are then locked in a dead heat on the highway, and just as it is about to cause an accident with multiple cars, the spy's car is hit by FBI agent Shuichi Akai's rifle bullet and falls of the roadway.

The next day, Conan and his friends go to a newly-remodeled aquarium in Tokyo. Under the main attraction, a Ferris wheel, Conan finds an attractive woman alone and injured. Her left and right eyes are different colors.

But the woman is in a state of amnesia where she doesn't even remember her own name, and the cellphone she's carrying is broken. Conan and his friends promise to help her regain her memory, so they stay with her.

Throughout all this, Vermouth is watching behind the scenes. Afterwards, she pulls out a silencer and speaks into an attached intercom, "It's as planned, Gin."

It sounds like the plot of the classic Episode 24: The Mysterious Woman With Amnesia Case

• Upvote 3

Apologies for the double post but the plot synopsis has been posted at the Movie 20 website and ANN

http://conan-movie.jp/news20/

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-12-01/20th-detective-conan-film-title-visual-story-unveiled/.95985

On a dark night, the Japanese police is raided by a spy. Different countries' intelligence agencies—such as England's MI6, Germany's BDN, and America's CIA—as well as the FBI's secret files are going to be taken, but public safety officers lead by Tooru Amuro arrive just in time. The spy steals a car and escapes. The spy and Amuro are then locked in a dead heat on the highway, and just as it is about to cause an accident with multiple cars, the spy's car is hit by FBI agent Shuichi Akai's rifle bullet and falls of the roadway.

The next day, Conan and his friends go to a newly-remodeled aquarium in Tokyo. Under the main attraction, a Ferris wheel, Conan finds an attractive woman alone and injured. Her left and right eyes are different colors.

But the woman is in a state of amnesia where she doesn't even remember her own name, and the cellphone she's carrying is broken. Conan and his friends promise to help her regain her memory, so they stay with her.

Throughout all this, Vermouth is watching behind the scenes. Afterwards, she pulls out a silencer and speaks into an attached intercom, "It's as planned, Gin."

It sounds like the plot of the classic Episode 24: The Mysterious Woman With Amnesia Case

Except with the BO, of course.

Looks like this woman is the spy.

It sounds like they keep going with BDN, but isn't it supposed to be BND? (Not that it really matters that much...)

Though I am a bit surprised the eyes weren't just there to generate hype  :P , but it was either that or a movie character anyways...

If anyone figures out why Conan is riding the world's smallest self-immolating pony, let me know please.

Because we can't have people immolate the poor pony, now can we?  Please Chekhov, think of the children.

Conan and his friends promise to help her regain her memory, so they stay with her.

Noice, I can't wait for 45 minutes of Detective Boy shenanigans!1!!

friends_group_shot_official_art_300dpi.j

Looks pretty good!

Doesn't the trailer drop today, by the way?

December 12th

So if it's like last time, probably around 8pm EST on the 11th?

Here's some high quality scans of the poster, and two of the recent anniversary surprises for a better look at things.

FzD9ZxA.jpg

MmhFpye.jpg

aPhHtO5.jpg

My take on one of the shots

nij7Tbx.png?1

I only just noticed if you take a look at the edge of the picture below, you can actually see both of the 

diagonal lines coming off the bottom of the eyes in the image of eyes, so yeah, its her. 

the other picture was just cropped weirdly. 

CVK4aEmU8AAdlBo.jpg

I only just noticed if you take a look at the edge of the picture below, you can actually see both of the 

diagonal lines coming off the bottom of the eyes in the image of eyes, so yeah, its her. 

the other picture was just cropped weirdly.

I looked at the better image and you can make out rectangle shapes and lighter colored thin white bars reflected in her eyes. She is definitely looking at the spy list. She is the spy mentioned in the plot summary. The only thing left to confirm is that the Black Organization sent her and that she isn't from the Bangladeshi Special Branch or something instead. We probably can't confirm that until more plot comes out later.

At what time JST are the trailers for the movies released?

I don't think there's any specific announcement for when the Movie 20 site will update, but if it's like last time, the site should update around 10AM. 

Edit: Movie website is now updated: http://www.conan-movie.jp/index.html

It seems that they went with the title "The Darkest Nightmare"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiEamTc1R5A

In the new trailer, the eyes are still blue and orange

but the story page on the website has a new blue eye picture 

text_story.png

Wierd,Stout's eye color keeps changing :D

I have got some wierd interpretation about this

Maybe she uses color lens to change them,which leads me to why she does that

I am starting to believe that this female character is RUM's body double(i know this is non-canon but what if this movie becomes canon like 18) ,she colors her yellow eye with a bluish lens to look like normal people eyes (which means that real RUM has normal eyes,no prosthetic one) but people mistake the slight difference in blue color as if RUM's double has prosthetic eye.

Why female body double? maybe real RUM Is a female or a feminine guy .

xD we still need confirmation that real RUM will appear in this movie,still possible that Gosho meant that RUM's body doulbe will appear instead of him

Wierd,Stout's eye color keeps changing :D

Why do you say Stout's eye color?

There are 4 anime original spies in the movie

Stout, Riesling , Aquavit, and the one infiltrating the Japanese police (assuming its not one of the other three) 

we are pretty confident that the eyes belong to the spy who infiltrated the Japanese police and becomes the woman

who meets Conan and his group and gets them to help because she has lost her memory. 

(see Chekov's image comparison in an earlier comment, plus the additional images of the blue colored eyes)

i know this is non-canon but what if this movie becomes canon like 18) 

Movie 18 is still not canon

A few things I noted.

There is another spy not yet listed so far in the notes that flick by at the beginning. The affiliation is "TPP", no picture is listed, and the gender is male.
The codename begins with カ or ガ (ka/ga) followed by a イ (i). The alias and real name are both in katakana indicating a foreign person.
The alias looks something like グレン(guren) Glen?
The real name looks something like (ガカサザ)ボール (gaboru)
If anyone else wants to take a stab at it, I recommend setting the video quality to max and the speed to 0.25 under settings.

If you want to see the pictures, I have uploaded them here temporarily. You should make your own copy if you would like to keep them long term:

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/User:Chekhov_MacGuffin/Latest_case

The English writing in the beginning of the trailer in between the spy files appears to be gibberish. It is gramatically incorrect and appears to talk about random things, like mayors, sugar, tequila.

From what I can tell, the movie starts and ends at the Ferris wheel in the aquarium park. The Ferris wheel is seen several times in the trailer.
Conan is not shown in different outfits. The one he wears at the climax of the movie is the yellow shirt+white jacket.

They made Gin's Porsche license plate 4869 again. \o/

My own TL of the Trailer:

Gin: Make sure to remember your fate, all of you!
Conan: A Battle Royale Suspense of Connection & Betrayal revolving around the leaked Intel.
Gin: Is Boss' right hand on the move?
Conan: "Detective Conan the Movie: The Darkest Nightmare"
Conan: Oh, no!
Gin: So long!
Gin: Now, dye in black!

This is because new loyal BO agents haven't been introduced to compensate, right? We need a clear picture that spies are in the minority. When we got Kir, we got Chianti and Korn to compensate. Bourbon? Not really.

I agree, hopefully he'll introduce more new members in the next BO confrontation, and let's have them NOT die like Calvados(unless it is called for plot wise)...

Doesn't this picture look familiar? XD 

post-31501-0-98800600-1450203543_thumb.p

I found the place where this scene takes place:

post-31501-0-43383100-1450203504_thumb.p

Link to Google maps: https://www.google.es/maps/@51.5010134,-0.1258575,3a,75y,69.99h,102.74t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sYhc1u1rIF50o_wmNjgZ6_A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

I wonder why is someone (I suppose a sniper cofcofAkaicofcof) shooting in the middle of London. That place is near the Big Ben tower and its always crowded, so it would be dangerous to shoot anyone there...

And also, they shoot from the top of the tower. Is someone even allowed to be there? And allowed to shoot from there?!

• Upvote 1

Read through all the posts prior and just gotta say all the ideas everyone has just has me feeling more psyched for when I'll be finally able to watch the movie with subtitles. I've been excited for every movie and more so now that it's another Black Organization one. Mix in the fact the FBI will be involved to some degree and I really can't wait. Wish it were next fall already where it'd likely be online by then.

Read through all the posts prior and just gotta say all the ideas everyone has just has me feeling more psyched for when I'll be finally able to watch the movie with subtitles. I've been excited for every movie and more so now that it's another Black Organization one. Mix in the fact the FBI will be involved to some degree and I really can't wait. Wish it were next fall already where it'd likely be online by then.

yeah, now you reminded me how long I'll have to wait for it! :/

yeah, now you reminded me how long I'll have to wait for it! :/

Sorry about that. I mean, some places get movies as Japan airs them and even have subtitles already in theater... like there was a theater 50 miles from where I live that had the latest DBZ movies released as Japan did. But, unfortunately, they have yet to do that with any Detective Conan movies. If they did, I'd totally be all over that. But, at least there are other things to preoccupy our minds for a while.