Detective Conan World
Alyssa225

Did you ever get scared watching DC?

I did. I can't really remember what episode it was, and I never wanted to find out because it scared me so bad. It was about somebody being killed and hid in the elevator( between the walls in the elevator) in a library. The kids stayed in the library and accidentally turned on the light, and the killer was just walking out the door and he turned and saw the light and knew somebody was in it. And the look on his face freaked me out. Then, when the kids all turned their backs to the elevator and the door just opened and the creepy guy was in it, I screamed and I felt like my heart was gonna stop. I was watching it with my friends and they all laughed at me. I've seen so many scary movies and I never got that scared. I stopped watching DC for a long time because that episode scared me so bad. Did anybody see this episode? Were you scared too cause I was terrified. 

And what episode/scene scared you the most? I'm just curious XD 

Lmao yeah that's the Library Murder Case. Episode 50 I believe.

Man I won't lie, that creeped me the hell out. First time I watched it was at night too >,<

The Mountain Villa Murder case was freaky too. 

rjWHARQ.png

Lmao yeah that's the Library Murder Case. Episode 50 I believe.

Man I won't lie, that creeped me the hell out. First time I watched it was at night too >,<

The Mountain Villa Murder case was freaky too. 

rjWHARQ.png

I hated how they drew the eyes in the really early days. It felt like they were designed to freak the heck outta you xD Needless to say, the first 100 were very special episodes.

• Upvote 1

I hated how they drew the eyes in the really early days. It felt like they were designed to freak the heck outta you xD Needless to say, the first 100 were very special episodes.

Completely agree. I loved those early episodes though. They were so unique. 

Completely agree. I loved those early episodes though. They were so unique. 

They had that murder mystery "feel" that the current episodes don't have. Maybe it's the eyes? xD

They had that murder mystery "feel" that the current episodes don't have. Maybe it's the eyes? xD

tumblr_inline_nadtxh0oln1rqir79.png

Lol definition of creepy

After the bandaged man episode I got so scared walking alone at night. Even though my neighbourhood is fairly safe, I still have to turn and look every 5 seconds to see if anyone's following me ...im so paranoid I know but I'm just making sure that i don't get killed by some weird bandaged monster XD

I Dont Think So It Is Scary But After Watching It , I Cant Wait For The Next Episodes & The Thing That Gives Me The Creep Is The Waiting for A Whole Week To See DC Next Episode Subbed In English,

Reading th OP's post, I remember that case and that I wasn't scared reading this. But the capture in the next post really scared me since I didn't expect it at all and the picture is so large with that creepy face zoomed in :))

As for me, I don't remember if the early eps scared me, but recently, I got scared watching the Red Woman case :)) To be honest, it's the scene when the light was out and it was a pouring rainy night, a character heard some sound out then she came to open the window and BAAM! a black silhouette with creepy eyes and flying hair popped out then jumped to stab her.

I litterally screamed and kicked my mini-table and my laptop nearly litterally flied --.--

really got scared too and also for conan in the 'Kidnapped Conan' episode! :wacko: haha hopefully i figured out it was his mother due to her self-praise when she talked about shinichi's parents.. however i think it's not the fear you're talking about  :)

290px-EP43_Case.jpg

I agree with the Library murder case & the Bandaged Man in the Mountains, as a kid I was shocked really more than terrified but the imprint that was left within me was large that I kept dreaming of them. Though I feel they are much scarier than the known monsters, another several cases I found shocking are: the Kiritengu case where the old hermit in the temple looks like the Kiritengu and he was hanged on a high ceiling. The Moonlight Sonata; where the face of burning Asou Keiji was dramatic and shocking though not clear. The woman's eye in the house filled with animal clocks case. But as for the winner it has to be the demon of DC's world, that black figure that lurks in the hearts of humans. Every time the black figure shows up he creeps the heck out of the audience.. 

Indeed. I first started watching DC when I was 11, and I was going through a phase which very much took every bit of innocence away from me. I was obsessed watching snuff films and other types of gory shock videos in the internet, only to get traumatized so badly I needed to go to a psychologist. Then, I discovered DC. It was fun, but at the same time, cases like Mountain Villa Bandaged Man Murder Case, The Haunted Mansion Murder Case, and pretty much 1/3 of the first 100 episodes were scary enough to leave me with nightmares.

The one case that scared me shitless when I was a kid was the Mountain Villa Murder Case (that's what they called it in English) and I remember being afraid to get out of my bed the night I watched it (It was on Adult Swim, so that was the only time it came on). In my defense, I was 12.

For most of the important episodes, the fact that we're naive of what's going to come next [unless you already checked the wiki, which you shouldn't do, but I still do :)] makes us extremely scared for the characters (Will Conan die from the shot in the limestone cave? Wil Detective Sato marry Detective Shiratori?). This charm can even happen in the filler episodes, mostly because of that black shadow person of the "culprit". DC epsodes are tailored in a way to make you feel scared.