Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Sporkums

Alternate Bourbon Arc Idea

I've had an idea for a story. It's based on Chekhov's idea for how the Bourbon arc should have started (i.e. FBI agents being kidnapped and targeted and the like), but after no one seemed to care much about the illustrations I commissioned, it may be just a waste of time.

Explain what, Chek? I just had the idea to do this recently. Remember the DCTP chatbox conversation a few days ago when we were talking about ways Gosho could've improved the manga stories, you suggested that was how the Bourbon arc could've been improved.

Aside from my alternate Bourbon thing, I was also thinking of doing another "Yoko as Vermouth" piece. This one would probably similar be similar to the "Halloween Party" case where Yoko takes Ai (who has a cold) with her, with apparently benevolent intentions, only to reveal herself and point a gun at her, however "Ai" reveals herself to be Conan in disguise, and there begins the whole "contest of wills" where Yoko threatens to blackmail Conan regarding his secret by threatening to use Kogoro's lust for her as a way to interfere with him. Conan would then find himself in a tough spot.

• Upvote 1

Also hate to spoil  anything since I hate giving the entire plot away, but to get any additional buzz going, I was also thinking of elevating Masumi's potential as well. Since a bunch of people wanted her to be Bourbon, I was considering as the FBI kidnappings/assaults get more and more severe, Amuro (real name this time) makes himself known in an unsuspiscious way (not sure if it would/should be drastically different from his official one;i.e. hooking up as Kogro's apprentice) as does Masumi joining Ran's class. Only unlike before, the comment she had made in her previous appearance indicates an actual attraction to her. She "buddies up" with Sonoko and she, casually flirts with her, while denying anything serious, and sort of makes depressed monologues talking to Ran about her dead brother Shuichi possibly faking his death and how Shinichi may in fact be playing Ran in a similar way.

Ultimately, the three major agents, Jodie, James and Camel, are endangered as well. One may actually possibly die. Subaru starts making suspicious movements questioning Conan and the gang, (possibly appear as if he is stalking the remaining FBI), and Amuro oversees this, One way or another, one evening when Conan is trying to get something out of the fridge by himself Amuro violently takes hold of him with a sinister smile like Gin in the dream beginning of Movie 13. He makes himself known as Bourbon and tells Conan he should've been more careful  around a master detective that he must've have been warned about. He confirms that he knows of his, Ai's and Shuichi's true identities. Conan regains an arrogant attitude, saying that he shouldn't have tried to face him alone. Bourbon replies that of course he wasn't stupid enough to do such a thing, which gives Conan a start. We then hear Ran (again, like movie 13) calling Conan and walking towards the kitchen.

Whether Bourbon should express some concern, or remain evil looking and confident, making a comment like "Well, look who showed up." while Conan attempts, and fails to call out a warning, I haven't decided upon, but the scene would then cut to Subaru at that same time answering his doorbell frantically ringing Upon opening the door, he sees Masumi standing there with a heartfelt expression, he asks her what her business is there, and she proceeds to warmly, and enthusiastically embrace him, calling him Shu-oniichan, and the like. Subaru, although a bit alarmed, maintains he is not whom she says. Sera then proceeds to, in a cheerful manner, but becoming more and more arrogant, explains how she deduced this (think Amuro in the Scarlet Showdown case). He does continue to profess his unawareness, giving her some possible deductions of his own on how she is mistaken, when she begins to tear up, mentioning that she went through the trouble of coming all this way to have him deny knowing her. She makes a show of embracing him again, Only for a look of pain to come over his face and blood to come out of his mouth. As he sinks to the floor, clutching his bleeding side his one "Akai eye" quite visible, Masumi, the concealed knife in her hand now quite visible, reaches down and plucks his wig off. Saying  with a wicked smile. "As I said, it's nice to see you, FBI Agent Shuichi Akai! My name is Brandy and I'm sure you're familiar with our little organization. And now, I'm going to finish the job that Kir should have!" The story would then end on a cliffhanger.

Yes, it's a bit rough and sensationalist. but it seems more like a gentle release for those who were disappointed with the way the arc played out. It would have also turned out that, unlike Eisuke, Masumi was not completely attracted to Ran in a lighthearted romantic sense, but in a lustful "She's cute, I'm going to play around with her." As that was part of her monologuing plan,to subtly torture her psychologically into abandoning hope for Shinichi so that her life would eventually be ruined and so that she herself could track down Shinichi and possibly kill him as well.