Detective Conan World
DaReL

Vermouth's relationship with the BO boss

10 members have voted

1. 1. What is Vermouth's relationship with the boss?

• Lover
    • Wife
    • Ex
    • Granddaughter (includes half and step)
    • Daughter (includes half and step)
    • Sister (includes half, step, twin, etc.)
    • Mother (includes step)
    • Grandmother (includes half and step)
    • Other blood/law relation like aunt, second step cousin twice removed, etc
    • Former boss
    • Best friend
    • Coworker from prior job
    • Test subject
    • Former classmate

That information is currently unknown

However it has been noted in the past that Vermouth is the boss's favorite
and that Bourbon has found some sort of further connection to the boss that Vermouth does not want revealed. 

vermouth is the boss' [...]:

- daugther

- mother

- sister(/twin)

- artificial human(/copy)

- test subject

- wife(might've been disconfirmed by Gosho)

- something else I haven't mentioned...

Vermouth's seemed to be pissed when bourbon was about to say her relationship with the boss. It's really tricky IMO. 

1. "ex wife"

2. "wife"

3. "daughter"

4. "lover"

The reason why she is the favorite is yet to be known. Since she seems to be pissed, I think she does not want to use that as her advantage or maybe she is embarrassed. Who knows. Only Bourbon (and a few more members... maybe Gin and Rum) knows her secret. 

Whatever it is, keep in mind it's pretty much confirmed that Gin and Vermouth have been together. Unless Vermouth is a cheater and the boss doesn't care, she isn't going to be the boss's lover or wife.

in ep345 after she took conan as a hostage and fled, she got a text from "the boss" and if I remember it right, the boss said "I've given you too much freedom. Come back to me."

So I am guessing she's more of a lover than a daughter or wife, but that's just my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

One of the users in the cBox referenced a theory someone had that she's possibly his daughter because her seiyuu also did the voice of the dictator's daughter in Gundam, however, if that's true, I wish Gosho would frigging stop it because in my opinion, the Gundam thing is getting old. It's gone from a reference to a full on ripoff.

• Upvote 1

in ep345 after she took conan as a hostage and fled, she got a text from "the boss" and if I remember it right, the boss said "I've given you too much freedom. Come back to me."

So I am guessing she's more of a lover than a daughter or wife, but that's just my opinion. 

My opinion is opposite... This sounds more like something you'll say to a daughter than a lover, especially if you're from a traditional family. 

An illegitimate daughter, perhaps. They're biologically related but Vermouth does not recognise him as a father figure... and therefore the embarrassment.

Whatever it is, keep in mind it's pretty much confirmed that Gin and Vermouth have been together.

Well, that's a disappointment to me... I thought Gin's only passion were contract killings, that he was impenetrable to things like sexual attraction. 

Well, that's a disappointment to me... I thought Gin's only passion were contract killings, that he was impenetrable to things like sexual attraction.

It's a rare man who is impenetrable to sexual attraction, especially when it's someone like Vermouth who is asking for it. Somehow I think using a woman like her until he has no more interest and then not caring even a speck about her life after that makes him a colder villain than someone who has no interest what-so-ever, if that makes any sense.

quick question - Is it possible that vermouth is RUM? In other words, she is the boss' right hand?

The fact that we found out about RUM and his special connection to the Boss, right after the mentioning of Vermouth's special connection with the boss, is worth to note in itself...

It would also explain the contradicting rumors of RUM, since she could've disguised as different people with an artificial eye...

(Just throwing off some possibilities)... :/

Well, it's not really stated that RUM has a "special connection" with the boss. Akai says that RUM seems to be close to the Boss and Haibara says that RUM is the Number 2 of the Organization. I don't think "being close" has the same implications as the "special connection", that Vermouth has, has.

• Upvote 1

By "special connection" I'm referring to RUM being the Boss' right hand,...

besides...to become the No. 2 of the BO you have to build a strong trust with the Boss, so having a strong bond can classify as "special connection"...

Fact is, we just don't have enough info—which is why this theory is as plausible as others. I don't think Vermouth is Rum, but, again... too little info.

That's all I wanted to know, whether that theory is still plausible at the moment, thanks :)

Personally, whether I believe it or not is not an important issue(since further info is needed for both sides) but I REALLY HOPE THAT ISN'T THE CASE...the more BO members, the better...

That's all I wanted to know, whether that theory is still plausible at the moment, thanks :)

No problem—and that's not the only theory that's still plausible... with Gosho putting so much on hold, there's a bunch!

The more BO members, the better...

Indeed.

• Upvote 1

can anybody tell me what is vermouth is referring in these panels. I searched thoroughly in the manga series as well as the anime but couldn't findthe related chapter/episode. Please help me004.jpg

It wouldn't be in the rest of the manga—these events are referenced here, and that's it.

I personally think she is Anokata's sister or daughter, cannot be wife/lover due to her implied sexual relationship with Gin and knowing Anokata's over cautious nature and his favoritism of her would hint otherwise. She cannot be his mother or aunt or any older generation because the BO is over half a century and that would put her over 60 years of age, odd for a woman in that age to be active in 'such' relations. Therefore she is as close as a cousin, sister, or daughter. I'd say as daughter or sister he would be over protective of her, but then again he trusts Gin. My initial thought regarding Vermouth as daughter or sister is the fact that she is very very close to be under that rebellious daughter cliche, that would be the father's workaholic nature and specially in the underworld causing the 'death' of her mother. Anokata therefore would try to acquire as much money as he can by any means to support scientists in any field to help regain his wife/ Vermouth's mother, back to life, but his ignoring of his daughter's welfare caused her to rebel. Or the way he is becoming very obsessed with the idea of revival and longevity rather than focusing on the health of his dead/unconscious/decapitated/or something wife, so it is most probably because of his underworld work that his wife got caught in an attempt of murder leading to Vermouth's despise of the Org/Anokata. That is if this weak theory holds, however I cannot think of a daughter addressing her father as boss unless he is strictly formal and does so to hide their intimate relation. But how cool would it be if such is the case :) ..  

• Upvote 1

I posted this in another topic since it would be useful to find who the boss was. But they I saw this topic. So I'm posting again, part of the other post and adding more. ^_^  

As far as his relationship with vermouth is considered, now I'm just shooting in the dark :ph34r:

Judging by vermouth's loyalty for the BO boss ran and shinichi (though she may twist their words to do her bidding, like going after haibara indirectly - seems like there is real good reason) it could be that she the boss's mother, sister, daughter, wife - as being his friend or lover is not that shocking or a reason to be kept a secret. Her reluctance to let haibara live and hatred for the drug seems the same as her secret relation with the boss. Also divulging a bit, usually a woman - especially an actress, would never resent the fact that she has stopped aging unless it had huge repurcussions - like losing her beloved, family or child or all of them. She now seems like someone who wants the nightmare to end and trusting shinichi as the silver bullet that will destroy BO. I dont know if she wishes the boss's death or just his defeat. Maybe she trusts shinichi is because he wont let anyone die. unlike shuichi akai who would snipe the boss if he knew who he was ? So would that mean she wants the boss to be spared but stopped? And she probably thinks shinichi is the only one who could do that like he did to her. :rolleyes: 

Also, the boss has some sort of connection or understanding that vermouth won't betray him even if she strays. That speaks something about their relationship. And the reason for vermouth being so loyal is same as she is for shinichi or ran. so it's possible she considers/considered the boss as her ray of hope(like her own child)/saviour(sister,parent - adoptive or half or step)/benefactor(sister,parent - real, adoptive, half or step).And bourbon probably deduced it, meaning - shinichi can too and thus find who's the boss.  :huh:

Now if I existed in the dc world, I could look more into vermouth and people around her before her debut or accidents of some kind and figure out who the boss is. Of course, that would be the last thing I do because gin would kill me or maybe vermouth herself like she did with jodie's family  <_< . But, atleast I would know the boss's identity before I die.  :rolleyes:

I think she might be the boss' daughter as the boss seems protective of her... and she probably isn't a lover/wife. By the way if she id the daughter the boss must be really old, then it might be true why Vermouth doesn't want information regarding the age reducing effects of silver bult let/APTX 4869 to be leaked as only she and the boss use it, maybe to even gain immortality.

If we make the reaching assumptions that 1) all the APTX-like drugs developed have the same effect including the one that Vermouth took whenever, 2) That effect is to decrease age and then stop aging to lock in the new younger body, that raises some questions about Vermouth. If Mary was middle age (let's say ~50-55) and she turned into a middle schooler, then Vermouth must have been a veritable crone to turn ~25ish.

I think she might be the boss' daughter as the boss seems protective of her... and she probably isn't a lover/wife. By the way if she id the daughter the boss must be really old, then it might be true why Vermouth doesn't want information regarding the age reducing effects of silver bult let/APTX 4869 to be leaked as only she and the boss use it, maybe to even gain immortality.

If I'm not wrong, Gosho has confirmed that BO isn't after immortality. In any case, Vermouth does not at all want immortality, as she thinks that the research that the Miyanos were doing was foolish. She won't think that if she wanted the drug. She more likely detests the drug for some reason

Also, Akai nicknamed Vermouth "Rotten Apple", which gravely affected her and angered her. Now, this means that either he knows the deaging efffects of the drug (bcoz of Shiho,duh!) and says that her mind is rotten, or that she was once a good person that he knew from before she joined the BO and haas now turned into a bad person, that would explain her anger - he reminded her of a life where she faced a lot of hardships...

I think that vermouth is the boss's daughter cuz she made alot of mistakes but stayed in the BO 

Even if she was the boss's wife he could kick her out or kill but he couldn't kill his own daughter plus vermouth could actually be using the drug to stay young that means,so there is a big percentage that the boss himself is using the drug so he won't age :rolleyes: