Detective Conan World
Black Demon

Updates Concerning Gosho's March Hospitalization and irregular manga schedule

Uo5a5Om.jpg

(image: 米花学园)

As revealed in Gosho Aoyama's latest letter in the manga, he had to undergo some sort of surgery. Even though the surgery was successful, he still has to stay in the hospital till summer. Until then, Detective Conan manga series will be released at an irregular pace. After Gosho can leave the hospital, the manga will probably be updated normally again.

Stay well, sensei! D:

• Upvote 7

What a sad news really...I hope he'll be alright after that. :(

But we still don't know what disease he had right?at least the surgery was successful so it's nice.

If he’s not healthy Conan might not get an end… I hope he recovers fully.

Hmm Gosho said once he already planned the ending,so even if he's unhelthy the manga will probably have an end.

I hope Gosho feels better soon!  Guess we won't be getting much DC between now and summer, but luckily I have a lot of other things to tide me over between now and then.

If he’s not healthy Conan might not get an end… I hope he recovers fully.

It's not likely that Gosho will let his health completely limit his output of Conan since he poured his heart and soul into the series for nearly 20 years already.

Still, I hope he gets well soon<3

Dear Mr. Gosho

Feel Very Sorry To Hear About your Surgery & Got To Know That You Are Still Hospitalize, I Have Read Much About You & Got To This Conclusion That My Mind Is Scrambling To Meet You & Spent Want To Spend Some Time With You In Tokyo.

Hope You Recover Soon & Till Then I Hope To Find Some Arrangement To Visit Japan.

Regards 

Fahad Ghani

Life Is Like A Chocolate Of Box,s You Never Know Whats Inside. But What So Ever At The End Affection Is Always Greater Then Perfection.

• Upvote 1

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20150316-00000305-oric-ent

[Fujiwara] Some further info on Gosho's condition & the near future (given out by Shogakukan following Gosho's handwritten statement): Apparently Gosho went in and out of hospital repeatedly last year already, but they decline to specify what he is suffering from for privacy reasons. There will be no new file in next weeks issue (#17) and it's still unclear whether or not there will be a new file in issue #18. Starting from issue #19 SS will reprint old DC files.

It is still unclear when and how often new files will appear while Gosho is in hospital.
  • Upvote 3

Minami, Conan's voice, said on her blog that she apparently saw him recently, and he was apparently very healthy looking/ in good spirits (she used the word genki) and said he probably just needs a very long resting period. She did not reveal what Gosho's condition was. So it may not be as bad as believed.

• Upvote 1

I believe he has a serious life threatening condition.

If it was a minor condition, his brother would've taken care of it as he is a doc. Yet he was hospitalized so expect something big.

Also the fact Gosho is unwilling to reveal his disease says a lot.

Anyhow prepare yourself for an unfinished series or an abrupt ending.

• Upvote 1

I believe he has a serious life threatening condition.

Welp. trying to be optimistic here. I honestly don't think we can jump into conclusions just like that.

Yes it's most likely a serious major condition but not a life threatening one. That's what I think it is.

If it was a minor condition, his brother would've taken care of it as he is a doc. Yet he was hospitalized so expect something big.

Don't doctors specialize on something? Maybe his brother isn't just knowledgeable to the disease that Gosho carries that's why he wasn't able to take care of it, as you said. But I dunno... since I ain't a medical student so I might be wrong.

I agree though with expecting something big... You don't get hospitalized for a fever or any some sort. Plus the fact that he was hospitalized before tells something already.

Also the fact Gosho is unwilling to reveal his disease says a lot.

Could be becoz he just wants to keep it secret.

Anyhow prepare yourself for an unfinished series or an abrupt ending.

I'll go for abrupt ending. If he really carries a serious condition, DC will probably end very soon. 1-3 years, I say.

Anyhow, wish for a speedy recovery for Gosho. This might be a premonition for him to end DC soon. Gahhhh... Sensei has already been working on the series for 20 years... Time to end it soon. He really deserves a break. *salutes*

• Upvote 3

and surgery is the only way to remove it

i dont even see how he could get std between conan, his card games, eating and sleeping + football

Who knows maybe Gosho was Japanese Charlie Sheen. WINNING :3

• Upvote 2