Detective Conan World
alice25

Why do People Hate Genta?

Im a bit late to this, because I have only recently gotten into it. 

Genta is hated because he is the one getting them into trouble. At first it mixes up the stories a bit and genta is pretty cool, taking active roles and helping conan out. But other than that, he is just a hindrance. 

Ayumi and Mitsuhiko both help conan in some way. However Genta continually convinces the others into doing things they shouldnt. When I say this, a specific episode that shows this is with two mix. Conan tells them to go to the police. Genta knows how dangerous it is, but instead of going to the police, he talks the other two into trying to save the day together. They end up being caught and Conan is forced to try and save everyone. He is the leader of the group yet it is clear that all he wants is to be the center of attention.  

and honestly I could go on and on.

I like to compare Ayumi/Mitsuhiko/Genta to Sato/Takagi/Chiba in the future and can see Genta... evolving into that kind of carefree character. Right now though you can probably see him as the tsukkomi of the comedy trio, he doesn't particularly offer anything substantial to the group, he isn't an ace braniac and he doesn't have any spectacular physical abilities but he has strong morals and they alone will get him through the trials to come.

There are many reasons I hate Genta.

1:  He is a glory hog.  Conan deserves nearly all the credit if not all of it.

2:  He is an idiot (more then the others, its even mentioned he messes up simple writing and language).

3:  He got Conan shot.

4:  The quirks that made him funny got old. 

5:  Out of all the DB, he is the worst investigator.  Mitsuhiko is somewhat better then him.  Ayumi is better then both of them.  Then it goes Haibara (If we count her as a DB).  And then Conan is obviously on top.

Well, that said, one of my "Boss of the Black Organization" suspects is Genta's dad (He runs a liquor store, has appeared with his full name in the manga/anime, and explains his existence), so I guess there is that.  Its not a strong suspect, mind you, but its a suspect.  Just something to keep in mind.

I don't really hate genta...Even though I pretty much dislikes him...He's so damn annoying... I try to like him,he is just a kid after all...But everytime I try he would do something just to make me dislike him more...But I do like the rest of db,esp mitsuhiko...That kid has a lot of potential, and kinda resemble Shinichi when he was young...He might as well be the next Shinichi which is great for Haibara :D but then, Shinichi's unbeatable... :P And Ayumi is sweet and all, she is haibara's savior from loneliness and genta...no comment