Detective Conan World

I doubt the Blazers would be a real championship contender. The highest they can go to is the Western semifinals imo. Lillard has no defense and I still think they lack the depth to be real contenders. I wish Aldridge takes a year then go to the Spurs if Duncan retires next year. :D

I don't believe a Rondo/Bryant combo will work. Rondo needs to dominate the ball and then pass it to catch and shoot players like Allen not ball dominant guys like Bryant to be effective imo. Well, at least the Rondo/Ellis combo didn't work out so I'd say the same for Rondo/Bryant.

Well, last year as well. Blazers got swept I believe by the Spurs in the second round. They might have beaten the Rockets last year but I think it'd be hard for the Blazers to beat the Rockets in a seven game series now. In that one year span, Rockets improved drastically by getting good rotation guys like Brewer, Ariza, Prigioni, Terry and Smith. Harden's game improved too, as a testament of that is him being second runner-up to the MVP. I haven't felt like Blazers improved in that span. Aldridge is already at his peak and they haven't done much to get tons of good role players unlike the Rockets. The only playoff team in the West I believe the Blazers can beat in a seven game series is the Mavericks and the Pelicans.  

____

I don't know lol, I really think of Ellis as a poor man's Kobe. Both needs the ball in their hand to be really effective, not catch and shoot situations. They can both slash, and they both have good perimeter game. I also believe that those two should be the one making the plays for themselves, not another guy. I think what the Lakers need at the PG spot is a Derek Fisher kinda guy. High basketball IQ, can play good defense, shoot from the perimeter and doesn't need the ball in his hands often unlike other point guards. Well, all this can be negated by having a really good coach who has a system but Byron Scott isn't the guy imo. Stll, their future's looking good. I think Jordan Clarkson has the potential to be a decent if not one of the best combo-guard in the league and if Nash remains his mentor, I'd say his future can be really good. Plus they have the number two pick in the draft. I just hope they can get a better coach. :|

now that you mention it

i kinda see what you mean about portland, but i stand by that with matthews they would have been better

maybe conference finals

while we are on kobe, it does not look good that he will come back after next years contract

i do think that he wants to play but the lakers are not bringing him back

and if they were, he is not getting big money

i just want to see him win one more ring

players like him deserve it, even thou he has 5 out of 7 tries 

Well, they could advance to the Conference Finals but that's the limit I guess. Matthews is a good shooting guard and is a definite keeper for the Trail Blazers. Their problem though, I guess is the depth in the bench. The Afflalo trade really costed them I think, he was not a good fit in Rip City. They lost a good young talent in Barton and T-Rob. I really liked T-Rob's game though, brings energy in Trail Blazers by making hustle plays. Hahahaha.

_______

I think everyone agrees that Kobe deserves one final run. I've read tons of stories about his work ethic and this dude is a freak. No one wants winning more than him and he deserves one final ring. He's not worth the 24 mil contract anymore but if he accepts a 7-10 mil one I'd say that's quite a good deal.

Yup, the Blazers aren't truly ready yet to actually contend in the Western Conference. Leonard and McCollum are good young prospects who could contribute for the team down the road. It hurt not having Matthews in the playoffs, but I doubt they would've got past GSW. They need to work on their execution on both sides. It comes off as a bit sloppy.

It definitely looks more like 2015-16 season will be Kobe's last. It'll be his 20th season, and he's lost three seasons due to injuries. The fact that Kobe himself has said he's taken a step back from input on decisions proves he trusts the management. I hope they can at least surround him with pieces that can contend next year, if it truly is his exit from the NBA.

Oh wow, Houston's getting beat in their home court. Watched the first two quarters and Harden's game is desperate ball. The other Houston players weren't good too aside from Howard. Stopped watching after the first half.

________

I grew up watching Kobe too and idolized him (not as much as T-Mac) but he's second. Seeing from the stories I read from sites like Redit, "basketball is life" literally describes Kobe. I doubt he can leave the game of basketball. Wouldn't be strange if I see him as an assistant coach or a staff something like that. Maybe even a part-owner.

i thought that the rockets would win this one, it is all over for them

GSW should look to close it in the next one, play as much aggressive as they can cause i dont know if Klay is tired or houston is a problom for him on the offence

but he needs time to get his thoughts together and rest if his legs need it 

kobe has a lot of money, what will he do with them is strictly business stuff

i think i have been reading that for the last 6 years he has been earning 50+M each year 

It's all over for the Rockets. Curry was on fire last night, dude is just lethal behind the 3pt line.

Yep Thompson has been struggling as of late, hope he changes that real soon.

I see Kobe being involved in a business aspect. Who knows, he may even try his hands in ownership of a club overseas.

Nah, Kobe's been making about 23-30 million for a few years now.

im mean overall 

when you include commercials, other contracts, jersey sales and stuff like that 

im thinking he does not have the money yet for owning a team and i doubt his wife would move anywhere other than beverly hills

Well yeah, if you're including all of those, then yes.

There's already been rumors of him becoming a part owner for an Italian club. It's possible for him.

I think Klay's struggle has more to do with him doing his best at defense trying to stop Harden, that should be really tiring. I think he's doing very well at stopping him though, last game Harden had more points from flops the free throw line than his field goals. He was like 3-16 or something lol.

Didn't know Kobe had interest in football. Hahaha.

Hmm, you might have a point there.

Aha, yeah Kobe lived there as a kid when his dad played basketball overseas. He's fluent in Italian.

kobecoveri.v1372069436.jpg

6tBtIj5.jpg

James Harden was cooking!

____

Golden State in about six. As long as they can devise a defense to stop James or atleast make him less useful, I think they can win the series. No James stopper like Leonard though. Might be hard for Draymond Green since LeBron is a lot faster than him imo.

harden and howard are false superstars

all-star or star, but the title superstar and its definition sure have been changed 

this is where GSW has the advantage in guarding LBJ

they can switch defender on him from kly to green to iggy to livingston and that

they can make him only relevant to the cavs offence and cut the rest of the team 

but steph has to follow his stats closely so that his teammates can beat his teammates

tristan is not better then gree, he can be on par at rebounding and defence with him but not the rest

JR is not as disciplined and coached like clay, mozgov now has a challenge in bogut

and kyrie is a x factor

comparing bench, its not even close 

A9tyD3p.jpg

Now, I really don't think he's doing it on purpose and I think he's a good guy off the bench, being a hustle player but he needs to stop clinging on other players. More so with Steph, he's got a bad ankle and maybe just maybe this guy will accidentally break it like he did with Korver.

_______

Well, it looks easy to do but it sure will be hard to execute. I don't think Klay can stop LeBron at all, with that size difference. The only guys I think can fare well is Iggy and Green because Iggy's athletic, has about the same body build and can probably guard him on the perimeter and Green can on the post with his strength. Kyrie's been inconsistent in the playoffs (does he still have injury?), JR's been inconsistent his whole career so I guess it will all go down to how consistent they can be in the finals. If they can't stop LeBron it will be hard, unless of course they're hot on offense as well. I don't think Cleveland has enough perimeter defenders.

At times, they'll probably have Barnes on LeBron. He matches up size wise, and was for the most part a big part in shutting down Harden in Game 5. He had a little burst in that game offensively too. He just needs to be consistent.

Kyrie's health is gonna be a factor too. It was good to see him have an effiecent game in Game 4. Having six more days of rest should help him get close to full strength. He'll be crucial vs the splash brothers.

GSW has so many weapons, I'm ready to see how the Cavs will plan for them.

Amazing game. Delly is becoming a problem for the Warriors in the finals. LeBron doing what he does best.

Splash brothers need to respond for game 4. Looking mortal right now.