Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
machine

Hello!

I started DC a little over a week ago after really liking Magic Kaito 1412 when I started it a few months ago a few weeks after it first started airing. I'm currently around ep 30 and have been enjoying it a ton so far! I figured with the huge amount of characters DC has and because I like forums I'd make an account here c: I hope I'll see some of you guys around!

Hi. Welcome to DCW. Hope you enjoy here. Make friends, do spamming, post art threads. Get rep points. :D  :P

BUT STAY ONLINE.

Thank you! And I'll do my best with that last part haha

So you're a fresh DC'er, eh bud! Then welcome to the fandom and welcome to DCW, our humble home!

Hi. Welcome to DCW. Hope you enjoy here. Make friends, do spamming, post art threads. Get rep points. :D  :P

BUT STAY ONLINE.

Hush, we don't want to come off as desperate!

So you're a fresh DC'er, eh bud! Then welcome to the fandom and welcome to DCW, our humble home!

Hush, we don't want to come off as desperate!

Thank you! c: And yup! With Hunter x Hunter ending just a few months ago I wanted to find another long running show to get absorbed in and after a while I decided to start DC. From what little I've seen of the DC fandom everyone seems really nice and not as.. loud as other fandoms which is also a plus ^^

Hi! I'm Kirsch, who, for a month, will be Santa. So a nice introduction of myself there!

It's cool how you already decided to make an account just 30 episodes in. There's more to come, so go read some wiki spoilers B)

From what little I've seen of the DC fandom everyone seems really nice and not as.. loud as other fandoms which is also a plus ^^

Haha, I'm glad we're not... Loud xD And if you want to see a bit more of the DC fandom, you can check out DCTP, our elder sister. Sometimes it's nice to see different communities react to some things separately.

Welcome to DCW !

It's a great forum where you can find a lot of friends to discuss about anything from anime to random stuff.

If you don't want to be like me with under a 1000 posts after a few years , you better stay online and never leave :P.

hello!! welcome to DCW! /o/

do you like robot? stuff like that

Thank you ^^ And yeah I like robots in general, they're pretty cool. I unfortunately don't have a huge knowledge of robotics, mechanics, engineering, and things of the liking but all those things are really interesting to me nonetheless c:

Hi! I'm Kirsch, who, for a month, will be Santa. So a nice introduction of myself there!

It's cool how you already decided to make an account just 30 episodes in. There's more to come, so go read some wiki spoilers B)

Haha, I'm glad we're not... Loud xD And if you want to see a bit more of the DC fandom, you can check out DCTP, our elder sister. Sometimes it's nice to see different communities react to some things separately.

Hello! Nice to meet you btw.

I figured if I got through 30 episodes in about a week I might as well make an account since I rarely go through that many episodes in such a short period of time. I've fortunately refrained from reading too many spoilers thus far. I've mainly just been checking to see who certain characters I've seen in fanart are and what episode they debut in and how old characters are. 

Yeah haha, granted I'm on tumblr quite a bit where fandoms tend to be a either a little obnoxious or just completely inactive/nonexistent so it's nice to find a fandom that's on the smaller side but still active. I'll probably head over to DCTP sometime in the near future c: I'll wait until I'm a little more settled here to do that though.

Welcome to DCW !

It's a great forum where you can find a lot of friends to discuss about anything from anime to random stuff.

If you don't want to be like me with under a 1000 posts after a few years , you better stay online and never leave :P.

Thank you! ^^ Though I haven't been here too long yet, this seems like a nice little community so I'm guessing I'll be here a while c: 

Welcome to DCW! :D

Oh, and see ya around

Anyways, yeah, DCW is kinda a small community so NOT LOUD :P

Thank you! :D

everyone's so friendly here _(:3 」∠)_

Hello! Nice to meet you btw.

I figured if I got through 30 episodes in about a week I might as well make an account since I rarely go through that many episodes in such a short period of time. I've fortunately refrained from reading too many spoilers thus far. I've mainly just been checking to see who certain characters I've seen in fanart are and what episode they debut in and how old characters are. 

Yeah haha, granted I'm on tumblr quite a bit where fandoms tend to be a either a little obnoxious or just completely inactive/nonexistent so it's nice to find a fandom that's on the smaller side but still active. I'll probably head over to DCTP sometime in the near future c: I'll wait until I'm a little more settled here to do that though.

30 episodes a week? //shot

I have a nasty habit of reading spoilers, especially DC spoilers xD I think I spent a few hours on the Wiki, just reading through every piece of info and whatnot, trying to see exactly which episode had them. I started out thinking there's no way I'd go through 700+ episodes, but I gave up skipping around and settled for chronology. Still in the 400s though.

I've never seen Tumblr's side of this, though Skyechan does have a nice little rewatch project going on. I check DCTP and occasionally the subreddit for updates on DC news. They're pretty handy if you want to know when new episodes are simulcasting, trailers released, and et cetera.

Whoops. Double-post, eh? :P

Welcome to DCW! \o/ quite a lovely name you got there, mate. Hahaha hope you enjoy lurking around the forum and making friends with everyone! :D

Thank you :D

30 episodes a week? //shot

I have a nasty habit of reading spoilers, especially DC spoilers xD I think I spent a few hours on the Wiki, just reading through every piece of info and whatnot, trying to see exactly which episode had them. I started out thinking there's no way I'd go through 700+ episodes, but I gave up skipping around and settled for chronology. Still in the 400s though.

I've never seen Tumblr's side of this, though Skyechan does have a nice little rewatch project going on. I check DCTP and occasionally the subreddit for updates on DC news. They're pretty handy if you want to know when new episodes are simulcasting, trailers released, and et cetera.

i..is 30 episodes a week not a lot to some people? I usually just watch whatever airing stuff I'm keeping up with and maybe an additional 5 - 10 episodes of something else so having 30 episodes on top of that seemed like a lot to me ^^;

Ah I see, that doesn't sound like a good habit haha. It's so tempting knowing the answers to things is just a few clicks away though. The 400s though :o that's quite far along though. 

From what little I've seen of the DC fandom on tumblr it seems nice, very quiet but friendly. And ah, if/when I get caught up having a site to find news about the series will probably be helpful c:

i..is 30 episodes a week not a lot to some people? I usually just watch whatever airing stuff I'm keeping up with and maybe an additional 5 - 10 episodes of something else so having 30 episodes on top of that seemed like a lot to me ^^;

Ah I see, that doesn't sound like a good habit haha. It's so tempting knowing the answers to things is just a few clicks away though. The 400s though :o that's quite far along though.

From what little I've seen of the DC fandom on tumblr it seems nice, very quiet but friendly. And ah, if/when I get caught up having a site to find news about the series will probably be helpful c:

Haha, 30 episodes is plenty, but when I get into obsession-mode, I marathon it. I finished Code Geass, which had 50 episodes, in a few days. I'm now thankful for my parents. If not for them, i would've finished it in less xD Attack on Titan was finished in little more than one day (since I watched it into 2 in the morning). I forgot my normal pacing for DC though.

Haha, really? I'm only halfway through xD

Haha, 30 episodes is plenty, but when I get into obsession-mode, I marathon it. I finished Code Geass, which had 50 episodes, in a few days. I'm now thankful for my parents. If not for them, i would've finished it in less xD Attack on Titan was finished in little more than one day (since I watched it into 2 in the morning). I forgot my normal pacing for DC though.

Haha, really? I'm only halfway through xD

I've done something similar to that before. Back in November 2013, I marathoned all 203 episodes Katekyo Hitman Reborn in a month (I started like Nov 5th and finished Dec 2nd) and a couple months later in January/February I marathoned Hunter x Hunter which at the time had around 115 episodes. (I wanted to enjoy what I was watching so I took it a little slower). 50 episodes in just a few days is a lot though :o If my memory serves correctly in took me about 2 and a half weeks to finish both seasons of Code Geass c: (I watched AoT when it was airing so I didn't get to marathon it) 

And 400 episodes is still a ton though even if that's only halfway through the series. That's 400+ half an hour episodes (some might have been even longer than that, one of the episodes I've seen was an hour long so I'm guessing other episodes have also been that long too), and I'm assuming you've seen a few of the movies and maybe ova's too. That's a lot of time into any hobby let alone one series c:

I've done something similar to that before. Back in November 2013, I marathoned all 203 episodes Katekyo Hitman Reborn in a month (I started like Nov 5th and finished Dec 2nd) and a couple months later in January/February I marathoned Hunter x Hunter which at the time had around 115 episodes. (I wanted to enjoy what I was watching so I took it a little slower). 50 episodes in just a few days is a lot though :o If my memory serves correctly in took me about 2 and a half weeks to finish both seasons of Code Geass c: (I watched AoT when it was airing so I didn't get to marathon it) 

And 400 episodes is still a ton though even if that's only halfway through the series. That's 400+ half an hour episodes (some might have been even longer than that, one of the episodes I've seen was an hour long so I'm guessing other episodes have also been that long too), and I'm assuming you've seen a few of the movies and maybe ova's too. That's a lot of time into any hobby let alone one series c:

Katekyo Hitman Reborn? I've never heard of that series. How is it?

Haha, I've been wanting to watch Hunter x Hunter along with probably a billion other series ;^;. I really marathon things too much and too quickly. Because of that, I couldn't enjoy series as much as I should. Wow, watching SnK when it was airing? I would've died like that; the cliffhangers are too much xD

Yeah, it is. I watched everything as it was when it aired, so the movies and OVAs correspond with their airdate (currently at Movie 10 and OVA something). I'm currently in a break; haven't watched it in a month or so. Of course, I might just go into power-through mode because there's some plot development in 10 episodes (thanks to spoilers), but it'll be a lot of work watching more filler. I currently have my hands in Steins;Gate and Fate/Stay Night: UBW, so I don't know when that'll be.

Katekyo Hitman Reborn? I've never heard of that series. How is it?

Haha, I've been wanting to watch Hunter x Hunter along with probably a billion other series ;^;. I really marathon things too much and too quickly. Because of that, I couldn't enjoy series as much as I should. Wow, watching SnK when it was airing? I would've died like that; the cliffhangers are too much xD

Yeah, it is. I watched everything as it was when it aired, so the movies and OVAs correspond with their airdate (currently at Movie 10 and OVA something). I'm currently in a break; haven't watched it in a month or so. Of course, I might just go into power-through mode because there's some plot development in 10 episodes (thanks to spoilers), but it'll be a lot of work watching more filler. I currently have my hands in Steins;Gate and Fate/Stay Night: UBW, so I don't know when that'll be.

I liked KHR a lot. It was very generic battle shounen at times though. The first 20 episodes are also almost pointless, they're more slice of life and character building which is fine but they're really hard to sit through. Then later around ep 115 it moves at an even slower pace. One of the episodes I watched only had 6 minutes of actual new content because the rest of recap and an unnecessary 5 minute long ending short. It was also kinda sexist towards the female characters at times (I don't even know how that happened considering how the mangaka is a woman). Like the girls played damsels in distress often and part of their purpose during the one arc was for them to cook and clean for the male characters orz As much as I really liked it, I don't really recommend it unless someone's seen a most of other stuff in the shounen genre because of those flaws :/

Hunter x Hunter's great though. I don't know how much of a priority other series on your to watch list are but it's one of those series I urge everyone to watch if they have an interest in it. The characters are all really original and it's just written really well--the Chimera Ant arc's one of the best I've ever seen. I started it last year on a whim and it became one of my favorite if not my favorite anime really quickly.

Yeah, watching snk when it was airing though was quite the experience haha I started watching it the week before the recap ep came out and just having all this hype for a new episode and having a recap episode come out was awful haha. And I remember one week the episode got subbed a few hours later than usual and just dozens of people on tumblr and twitter were collectively freaking out. I can't imagine how crazy it'll be when the second season airs haha.

I marathon things a lot too. I've recently gotten better at taking them slower but I still marathon things from time to time. That feeling of finishing a series you like really quickly and then not having new material to watch/read is the worst OTL

You've seen so much DC stuff :o Fillers are pretty annoying, have you already sat through a ton of them already? :/ At least you know you're not too far away from actual plot though. And ooh Steins;Gate and Fate/Stay Night UBW, how are you enjoying those? c:

I liked KHR a lot. It was very generic battle shounen at times though. The first 20 episodes are also almost pointless, they're more slice of life and character building which is fine but they're really hard to sit through. Then later around ep 115 it moves at an even slower pace. One of the episodes I watched only had 6 minutes of actual new content because the rest of recap and an unnecessary 5 minute long ending short. It was also kinda sexist towards the female characters at times (I don't even know how that happened considering how the mangaka is a woman). Like the girls played damsels in distress often and part of their purpose during the one arc was for them to cook and clean for the male characters orz As much as I really liked it, I don't really recommend it unless someone's seen a most of other stuff in the shounen genre because of those flaws :/

Hunter x Hunter's great though. I don't know how much of a priority other series on your to watch list are but it's one of those series I urge everyone to watch if they have an interest in it. The characters are all really original and it's just written really well--the Chimera Ant arc's one of the best I've ever seen. I started it last year on a whim and it became one of my favorite if not my favorite anime really quickly.

Yeah, watching snk when it was airing though was quite the experience haha I started watching it the week before the recap ep came out and just having all this hype for a new episode and having a recap episode come out was awful haha. And I remember one week the episode got subbed a few hours later than usual and just dozens of people on tumblr and twitter were collectively freaking out. I can't imagine how crazy it'll be when the second season airs haha.

I marathon things a lot too. I've recently gotten better at taking them slower but I still marathon things from time to time. That feeling of finishing a series you like really quickly and then not having new material to watch/read is the worst OTL

You've seen so much DC stuff :o Fillers are pretty annoying, have you already sat through a ton of them already? :/ At least you know you're not too far away from actual plot though. And ooh Steins;Gate and Fate/Stay Night UBW, how are you enjoying those? c:

I grew up watching solely shounen, so I don't think I would mind xD However, I'm not in the mood to get into a long-running series anytime soon (sorry HxH). Midterms are making everything hectic too, so hate-onion-head-emoticon.gif

aghiaouhringb['aohwig don't even make me imagine what it would be like.hate-onion-head-emoticon.gif

Haha, I really need a break though. Like now. Not having a lot of anime-craze is actually pretty healthy :P

Not really. Just... Halfway... Through rage quit

I have. I promised myself to watch every single episode, so I sorta made torture on myself. hate-onion-head-emoticon.gif Anyway, I read spoilers so I'm in no rush to catch up.

Ehh... I'm so not consistent. I guess they're good? It's hard to tell with 3 episodes. I started Parasyte though (ohohoho another one).