Detective Conan World
Moon Kid

Christmas

What you did in Christmas? Share about your preparations , experience , and the way you celebrate it.

I woke up early. Went to school church wearing Santa Claus dress. Prayed. Sang carols . Distributed candies. Came home . Decorated the tree. Made cards . Ate dishes .

( Due to shortage of time , I wrote like this . Ignore it. )

I woke up. Ate cake. Watched a Code Geass. Came on here for a bit to check out Secret Santa. I showed my brother SnK gifs. Played around on my dad's new camera. I read The Red Kayak.

Is it just me, or does it feel like a normal Sunday as opposed to Christmas?

Woke up, practiced violin, went to church, ate food, came home and tried on my new (super fluffy and soft) jacket, watched two detective conan episodes, watched a shaman king episode, finished a book, watched a korean show, played flow, checked my email, and now i'm on DCW :D

Opened gifts on Christmas Eve. Pretty much watched basketball and hung with my siblings today.

NBA Christmas is where it's at, though I actually didn't watch any games this year...

NBA Christmas is where it's at, though I actually didn't watch any games this year...

Definitely! They had some great games this year. Even though my team lost

Definitely! They had some great games this year. Even though my team lost

Knicks?  Cavaliers?  Spurs?  Lakers?

Looks like Warriors and Clippers are still going at it.

Before Christmas Eve, everyone is busy preparing and cooking for the night's event. :3 I'm happy to help out in the baking rather than play as my baby cousin's horse which will take twice as much energy as I'd spend making cupcakes and desserts. -_- At 8 in the evening, we went to church and return at about 10. Since I live in a compound, my family can easily gather in my grandparent's house and spend whatever events there. Games! :P Ah, the most awaited activity in Christmas Eve, (sometimes can even outshine the eating part). Bingo always commences the program ( I was born with no luck when it comes to this). <_< Followed by several party games which is going to take up a lot of space if I start to enumerate and explain all of them. Barbecue party for adults with a little karaoke while the young ones play their games. And now, for the eating part... a little bit of alcohol for the grown ups. After filling our stomachs, time for Secret Santa and opening of everyone's gifts. ^_^ Really, I'd write a novel if I tell my whole Christmas experience so I am going to leave it like this. Let's just say, I have a pretty awesome holiday. :P :3

Knicks? Cavaliers? Spurs? Lakers?

Looks like Warriors and Clippers are still going at it.

Lol I'm a Lakers fan. Tough to watch. Yep I'm hoping the Warriors pull thru with the win.

Lol I'm a Lakers fan. Tough to watch. Yep I'm hoping the Warriors pull thru with the win.

Yeah, they're struggling.  I've never been a fan of one single team, so I usually have no emotionally attachment either way.  I'm going to sleep now and probably won't see the result of the Warriors and Clippers game.  I live on the east coast and honestly don't know why I'm staying up late after Christmas doing my college apps, like seriously, what am I doing with my life? 

Yeah, they're struggling. I've never been a fan of one single team, so I usually have no emotionally attachment either way. I'm going to sleep now and probably won't see the result of the Warriors and Clippers game. I live on the east coast and honestly don't know why I'm staying up late after Christmas doing my college apps, like seriously, what am I doing with my life?

Lol I know that feeling man. I live out here too and I gotta stop staying up late. The news from those apps will be worth it

Before Christmas Eve, everyone is busy preparing and cooking for the night's event. :3 I'm happy to help out in the baking rather than play as my baby cousin's horse which will take twice as much energy as I'd spend making cupcakes and desserts. -_- At 8 in the evening, we went to church and return at about 10. Since I live in a compound, my family can easily gather in my grandparent's house and spend whatever events there. Games! :P Ah, the most awaited activity in Christmas Eve, (sometimes can even outshine the eating part). Bingo always commences the program ( I was born with no luck when it comes to this). <_< Followed by several party games which is going to take up a lot of space if I start to enumerate and explain all of them. Barbecue party for adults with a little karaoke while the young ones play their games. And now, for the eating part... a little bit of alcohol for the grown ups. After filling our stomachs, time for Secret Santa and opening of everyone's gifts. ^_^ Really, I'd write a novel if I tell my whole Christmas experience so I am going to leave it like this. Let's just say, I have a pretty awesome holiday. :P :3

Tell more, tell more, tell more!!

Kid the Phantom Thief, on 26 Dec 2014 - 9:47 PM, said:

Tell more, tell more, tell more!!

How "more" exactly?

Should I start with nine days prior to Christmas? It's a tradition to go to mass very early in the morning (at about 3 AM) for nine consecutive days which starts on the 16th. Then, every night we go around the neighborhood to sing Christmas carols. (We use flattened soft drink bottle's metal caps looped in a wire as a tambourine. :3) Some would give us money, others give us food. :P Now, on the 24th, the my entire village is basically going to and fro the market square to buy additional ingredients to whatever menus they have. I mean, you could really see people eager for Christmas. Though it was banned, several teens play with firecrackers. My place is really far from the city, almost like a rural area, so no authorities bothered to check up on us. ;) As for the games, Ahhhh.. My brain short-circuited from the thoughts of bingo. T^T I never won a prize in several previous rounds and by several, I mean, I haven't won anything in 19th time. But luck is upon me on the 20th and last round. :3 Just when I'm about to claim my prize, my sister insists she shouted "Bingo" first which means we tied. The jury consists of the adults in my family decided to let us pick a number instead to solve the issue. Whoever got the highest number wins the prize. I got *drumroll* 31! And my sister, haha, got a.. 32. T_______T So unlucky, I know.
Then we have this game called "Pinoy Henyo" Henyo means genius. This game requires a pair. One to deduce the given word and the other to give clue. Facing one another, the word is put on the guesser's head. Example: Christmas tree. The guesser, would asks questions like "Is it a person?" "A thing?". The clue giver can only answer with "Yes" "No" and "Maybe/Can be". The word has to be guessed within the allotted time limit. If they were not able to, another pair takes over. That's just one of the few games. There's also an adult round where my aunts and uncles play. For the eating part, they were drinking champagne. Out of curiosity, I told them I'd like to try it. My uncle poured me a glass. :3 Then, I returned for another one until I almost finished up an entire bottle. I wondered why I wasn't drunk yet only to realized they gave me the alcohol free white grape juice. =___= The event ended with the traditional "Search for the Star". My aunt hid several paper stars around the house. Everyone is excited to look for it because each star has a respective prize. :P My grandpa was so happy when he found one. Hahahahah.. Really, this isn't the entire story yet. :P

Should I start with nine days prior to Christmas? It's a tradition to go to mass very early in the morning (at about 3 AM) for nine consecutive days which starts on the 16th. Then, every night we go around the neighborhood to sing Christmas carols. (We use flattened soft drink bottle's metal caps looped in a wire as a tambourine. :3) Some would give us money, others give us food. :P Now, on the 24th, the my entire village is basically going to and fro the market square to buy additional ingredients to whatever menus they have. I mean, you could really see people eager for Christmas. Though it was banned, several teens play with firecrackers. My place is really far from the city, almost like a rural area, so no authorities bothered to check up on us. ;) As for the games, Ahhhh.. My brain short-circuited from the thoughts of bingo. T^T I never won a prize in several previous rounds and by several, I mean, I haven't won anything in 19th time. But luck is upon me on the 20th and last round. :3 Just when I'm about to claim my prize, my sister insists she shouted "Bingo" first which means we tied. The jury consists of the adults in my family decided to let us pick a number instead to solve the issue. Whoever got the highest number wins the prize. I got *drumroll* 31! And my sister, haha, got a.. 32. T_______T So unlucky, I know.

Then we have this game called "Pinoy Henyo" Henyo means genius. This game requires a pair. One to deduce the given word and the other to give clue. Facing one another, the word is put on the guesser's head. Example: Christmas tree. The guesser, would asks questions like "Is it a person?" "A thing?". The clue giver can only answer with "Yes" "No" and "Maybe/Can be". The word has to be guessed within the allotted time limit. If they were not able to, another pair takes over. That's just one of the few games. There's also an adult round where my aunts and uncles play. For the eating part, they were drinking champagne. Out of curiosity, I told them I'd like to try it. My uncle poured me a glass. :3 Then, I returned for another one until I almost finished up an entire bottle. I wondered why I wasn't drunk yet only to realized they gave me the alcohol free white grape juice. =___= The event ended with the traditional "Search for the Star". My aunt hid several paper stars around the house. Everyone is excited to look for it because each star has a respective prize. :P My grandpa was so happy when he found one. Hahahahah.. Really, this isn't the entire story yet. :P

Write a novel please ........ I will definitely read it.