Detective Conan World
Nara-chan

Flash Fiction Writing!

(I really don’t know where to put this topic, but since this place is a hodgepodge of random topics put together, I’ll just leave this here)

What is flash fiction? In the broadest sense, it’s a very short story. The beauty in this kind of literature is in the things that are left unsaid. Flash fiction writers have no words to spare for backstories, descriptions and even names for their characters. This kind of literature is full of implications, thus one story having many interpretations.

There is no arbitrary length on one flash fiction story, but here, I’m setting the maximum number of words at 100 words. You can run it by Microsoft Word (or any other program that displays word count) if you’re too lazy to count.

Leaving prompts would be a good idea. Even if it's just a couple of random words that come to mind.

Here's a drabble I wrote with Chelsea a while back.

~ ~ ~

Prompt: Dance, White, Hall, wing au

Close your eyes

Dream, once again of that dance

One singular dance, one singular night

Of white, and black, and black and white

I held your hand, you held mine

We held each other, close and tight

And we danced through that hall

We danced through that night

Just one dance

Just one night

Cup your face, press those lips to mine

Soft white feathers, silver in the light

Falling

...Falling?

Falling

We fell

Together?

Together.

And then?

And then we had wings no more

Word count: 86

~ ~ ~

But yeah. Prompts are cool. Whether it's a scenario or a couple of random words or an au.

Prompt: Savior

Felt bad that this thread wasn't receiving any love, so I took one of my college essays and knocked a hundred words off of it to post here.

His shoes clicked on the ground with every step that he took.  His back was arched perfectly and his smile was center-set. His voice was wind and his aquamarine eyes struck a picturesque complement with his golden locks.

But there was something off about the way he was.  His walk was rhythmic, like clockwork. His shoes hit the ground coldly, turning the floor to frosty ice.  His smile was plastic and there was no depth to his eyes.

I don't remember his name, but he is not a man I wish to see again. He was a man without emotion.

Word count: 100
  • Upvote 1

Felt bad that this thread wasn't receiving any love, so I took one of my college essays and knocked a hundred words off of it to post here.

His shoes clicked on the ground with every step that he took.  His back was arched perfectly and his smile was center-set. His voice was wind and his aquamarine eyes struck a picturesque complement with his golden locks.

But there was something off about the way he was.  His walk was rhythmic, like clockwork. His shoes hit the ground coldly, turning the floor to frosty ice.  His smile was plastic and there was no depth to his eyes.

I don't remember his name, but he is not a man I wish to see again. He was a man without emotion.

Word count: 100

remind me to ask you to help me on my college essays next year

Following IU's prompt: Savior, since Akazora didn't leave one...

--------------------------------------------------

My savior, whom I had held on to in my darkest hour, dragged my wretched being out from the endless abyss of pain and insecurity at the cost of her own strength. She had shown me the way to see life through its beautiful stained glass: happiness only exists if you yearn for it, she preached.

I watch as she slowly faded away.

Her spirit: depleted.

Her benevolence: drained.

Left behind was a hollow corpse, aimlessly drifting through time.

A year, a month, a day.

Until her last breath, she was only the dead masked in a living facade.

~~~

Word count: 98

---------------------------------------------------

Prompt: Feathers, angel

Exploring the art of Flash Fiction Writing has been an exciting experience for me. Crafting concise narratives with impactful endings has honed my storytelling skills. But just as important as mastering writing techniques, having a reliable resource like https://www.capstoneproject.net/ Its ensures continuous support for all my writing endeavors.