Detective Conan World
Black Demon

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] File 913-917 (Kawanakajima murder case)

THIS THREAD is used to discuss about SPOILERSIn other words, if you only read the English version and wish to wait for the full release instead of getting spoiled, this is NOT the right place for you!

RULES OF THE SPOILER-ONLY DISCUSSION THREAD:

1. Any kind of spoiler involving the case (pictures, texts, information, full scans...) of any language that is released before the English version must be posted HEREThe English translations of the spoilers must also be posted here.

2. Any kind of discussion involving the spoilers must be posted HERE.

3. Despite being a spoiler-only thread, EVERY spoiler and discussion involving events that have not happened in the English releases STILL has to be put inside Spoiler boxes. When the file in question is fully released in English, this is not necessary anymore.

4. NO DIRECT LINK to any Japanese scans (RAWs) or English scans (Japanese spoiler pictures are allowed as long as the amount and quality of which are very far away from a full scan, like the ones we usually have).

HOW TO USE A SPOILER BOX?

Just simply type the following:

[spoiler]Text you want to write[/spoiler]

Or more manually:

Step 1: Click the "Special BBCode" icon at the upper-left side of the edit toolbar.
Untitled-1_zps5a0dae75.png

Step 2: In BBCode, select "Spoiler".
Spoiler_zpsc5764e29.jpg

Step 3: Enter the text that you want to put inside Spoiler boxes, then click OK.

Text_zps4958fb14.jpg

Finally! The Nagano case that Gosho has promised since who-knows-when is finally here!

File 913 Chinese: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3443430421

Title: Woodpecker (Fuji)

Translation (may contain errors): http://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f=5&p=844641#p844641

So we appear to have a new "Rum candidate", and he's a rather high-ranking police officer too. He doesn't look feminine at all though, at least judging from his build and appearance. We also don't get to see his injured eye, so we don't know if there's an artificial eye or not.

• Upvote 4

Ohoho, a rather bloody case!  I wonder how the anime adaptation will handle this.  Also, I doubt the new guy is Rum, but I'll admit he makes for a rather interesting new suspect/recurring character.  Not too keen on Gosho using burn wounds to deform people's faces again, though.

I haven't really put much thought into the latest file, but I'm really concerned that the body and the head might belong to two different individuals. According to the history of the battles of Kawanakajajabakasomething-or-rather as explained in 913, General Kansuke's severed head was matched to his body. By imitating Kansuke's death from battles, the culprit could be trying to hide that the source of the body and the head are different possibly.

Also, is there a reason there is only one woodpecker footprint on the head rather than two? What kind of woodpecker stands on one leg when pecking a tree?

Also I think we should match each police to historical figure they from the battles of Kawasunanatsunoko that they correspond to. It might be helpful. I'm pretty sure that's how the puns go.

Kansuke "Something like that would never happen with that old geezer Takeda [dead guy]. He's the kind of person who would kill a suspect without hesitation if it was the only way to capture him." --> Sounds like a motive/historical incident to investigate

Bit late, but chapters 913 and 914 have been scanlated, so no need for spoilers for those chapters.

Looks like Chief Kuroda has the Marie Antoinette syndrome.

With Akiyama's death, seagusa is the last suspect in this case isn't he ?

Yeah, or among the targets, meaning that the culprit could someone who's supposedly dead(connected to the past incidents) or .....the old grandma?