Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

If a user is asking uncomfortable questions or bothering you offsite TELL THE MODERATORS!!!

The internet has many predatory people on it, and occasionally they try to infiltrate sites like this one because there are many young people and women. They try to gain trust and then get personal information so they can stalk and harass offsite and in private places us moderators can not see. Do not give out personal information, even to close internet friends, because personal information on the internet is always on a strictly need to know basis. Furthermore, if you have been harassed or asked questions that are a little too personal or make you feel uncomfortable, please tell the moderators the details quickly so we can take prompt action. We want to help you and stop these people, don't let it get worse because you feel uncertain if it is bad enough. Chances are they are also targeting others besides you.

Please help make this site a friendly and safe place for everyone by staying vigilant, and thank you for watching out for other's wellbeing.

• Upvote 11

Was there an incident that made the moderators feel the need to say this?

That would be far too unfortunate if that were the case.  I've always felt DCW was such a quaint little place, too.

I think it's just a reminder. There are seriously lots of people here that are banned already for offending.

Man, Internet is really a dangerous place. I surely hope someday that we will have patroling police in the Cyberspace.

That would be far too unfortunate if that were the case.  I've always felt DCW was such a quaint little place, too.

Yeah, I can't help but trust >.<

I think it's just a reminder. There are seriously lots of people here that are banned already for offending.

Man, Internet is really a dangerous place. I surely hope someday that we will have patroling police in the Cyberspace.

Hmm... I guess I wasn't around to witness them?

Yeah, I can't help but trust >.<

Hmm... I guess I wasn't around to witness them?

I didn't even witness them. It's pretty much hidden in the public when someone is being banned, to avoid stirring up problems.

Anyway, I think you shouldn't trust easily lol

I didn't even witness them. It's pretty much hidden in the public when someone is being banned, to avoid stirring up problems.

Anyway, I think you shouldn't trust easily lol

It's hard to draw the line between giving out personal info and just chatting. I mean, I can be so touchy about my age while others just list their age and birthday in their bio.

It's hard to draw the line between giving out personal info and just chatting. I mean, I can be so touchy about my age while others just list their age and birthday in their bio.

I just listed my age and nothing else, haha :P

Guilty as charged...

Phoenix_Embarrassed_1.gif

• Upvote 1

I'm younger than a lot of people here so I just feel awkward saying my age.

Plus I people already know I'm Kirsch's age and she doesn't want people to know how old she is haha

I'm younger than a lot of people here so I just feel awkward saying my age.

Plus I people already know I'm Kirsch's age and she doesn't want people to know how old she is haha

Stubbornness... And the fact that I'd be a hypocrite since I once gave a really long lecture to my brother about this >.<

Guilty as charged...

Phoenix_Embarrassed_1.gif

I forgot whose bio I read. So it was you O-O

Stubbornness... And the fact that I'd be a hypocrite since I once gave a really long lecture to my brother about this >.<

Haha aren't we all hypocrites. :P

I don't think anyone can really do anything with just my age, since I haven't given away anything else. 

Better safe than sorry I suppose.

Haha aren't we all hypocrites. :P

I don't think anyone can really do anything with just my age, since I haven't given away anything else. 

Better safe than sorry I suppose.

... I wonder if I have been watching too much NCIS?

Oh....

I think I should edit my bio O.O

No matter what you do, I'll still be wishing you a happy birthday :D

... I wonder if I have been watching too much NCIS?

No matter what you do, I'll still be wishing you a happy birthday :D

Haha maybe

Oh....

I think I should edit my bio O.O

I'll wish you a happy birthday too, Shahd ^-^

Only problem I find about this... the fact that moderators are rarely on.  I mean, they do come on, but with huge gaps of time since last login.

I'd have to disagree.

Although the moderators don't post often, they do a fairly good job of cleaning up the spam within a reasonable time frame.

You can't forget that these are real people who've taken time out of their lives to make DCW the community it is today. I can't ask much more of them.

• Upvote 1

I'd have to disagree.

Although the moderators don't post often, they do a fairly good job of cleaning up the spam within a reasonable time frame.

You can't forget that these are real people who've taken time out of their lives to make DCW the community it is today. I can't ask much more of them.

I do keep that in mind.  Which is why I don't expect them to be on every day.  But at least for me, when I check all the mod's profiles and their "Last online" status (and this is something I did about 3 months ago), the closest any mod had been on previous to that was 2 weeks.  Now they seem to be on a bit more.  But if no mods have been on in 2 weeks, then I think it isn't good.

I do keep that in mind.  Which is why I don't expect them to be on every day.  But at least for me, when I check all the mod's profiles and their "Last online" status (and this is something I did about 3 months ago), the closest any mod had been on previous to that was 2 weeks.  Now they seem to be on a bit more.  But if no mods have been on in 2 weeks, then I think it isn't good.

I think when you checked that out, it coincided with Chekhov taking a break from her Moderating duties.

Well we have 2 remaining active mods; Chekhov and Black Demon (He signs in Anonymously so you really don't know when he is on)

The others... I dunno where they are now.

I think when you checked that out, it coincided with Chekhov taking a break from her Moderating duties.

Well we have 2 remaining active mods; Chekhov and Black Demon (He signs in Anonymously so you really don't know when he is on)

The others... I dunno where they are now.

Ah... This goes with the other thread about using the 'Report' button. I didn't know which mod to PM (yeah, I didn't do what I was supposed to do T-T), since most of the mods listed under the "Moderation Team" didn't seem to be active. So it's just Chekhov and The Black Demon now?

Ah... This goes with the other thread about using the 'Report' button. I didn't know which mod to PM (yeah, I didn't do what I was supposed to do T-T), since most of the mods listed under the "Moderation Team" didn't seem to be active. So it's just Chekhov and The Black Demon now?

Well the PM function can be a group convo so you can PM them both at the same time.

Yup. It's only them.

I apologize if it seems like I rarely come here. I don't know about the other mods, but I actually check on this site on a daily basis (even if only for some minutes) to make sure that there's nothing out of ordinary. However, I don't usually log in unless I really have something important to do because most of the mod duties can be performed without the need to do so. And when I do, I also sign in anonymously at times for various reasons so many may not notice my appearance here. From now on, I'll try to log in more often in case someone needs to contact me (but again, please use the report button when possible :P ), and won't go anonymous unless strictly necessary.

With that said, in order to prevent the problems discussed in this thread more effectively, we'd still need the collective effort from every member in the community. Like Chek has said, we're pretty much blind and powerless to everything that happens outside of this site; and even within DCW, we're not exactly omnipotent either. While we aim to protect DCW and its members as much as we can, we can't achieve that goal unless you can be on guard to watch out for yourself or those close to you.

• Upvote 3