Detective Conan World

KenhSinhVien-403027-10150437357582918-80

(Image source)

DCW Secret Santa Event 2014!

What? How could this be? It isn't even past Thanksgiving! It's way too early for this!

I agree, it seems a bit early. But here's a bit of my reasoning on why this is going to get started soon.

I also ran the previous Secret Santa event for 2013 (link here) and I started it up too late. Due to the strict time constraints, an issue came up during the event and one person did not get their gift on time. Also, because it started up so fast, there were people that wanted to join but just couldn't. I want to get this event started soon so issues can be handled in a less rushed manner, get everyone who wants to participate on board, and give people plenty of time to make their gifts. Just for reference, the 2012 and 2011 events had their topics about this time, and they worked pretty well.

This event won't work that differently from the other years' events, so if you are curious on how it worked, check out the links in the previous paragraph. With that said, here's some information about this event:

How to Join:

In order to signup, just post in this topic. You can also PM me or leave a comment on my profile. Remember that once signups close, gift-giving is mandatory! You can't drop out after signups close, so please make sure that you have time in your schedules to make a gift!

While you can signup first and post your wishlist (see below) later, I prefer that you do both at the same time. If you signup through PM or comment, please post your wishlist in this topic!

How to Make a Wishlist:

Your wishlist is just what it sounds like, a wishlist. It's a way to tell your Secret Santa what you want. Remember that this is only a suggestion, and while most Secret Santas will try to fit your wishlist, others may not or can not. Wishlists are not binding.

This should consist of at least 3 (and preferably exactly 3) series, characters, or other things that you want to see in your gift. These need not be native to Detective Conan, but try to keep at least one Detective Conan related thing in your list, and if you decide to go for a non-DC character, please note where the character comes from! 

Note that I said that the wish list should consist of at least 3 things. You can put more than 3 things, but this is just a way for people who simply can't decide between 5 of their favorite series or characters and really want to put down all 5. This is not for people to put down an excessive amount of things. In general, I would keep it to 3. You're more likely to get what you want, and your Secret Santa isn't going to have as many troubles deciding.

If you want, you can also list what kind of gift you want (music, fanfic, etc.), but your Secret Santa is not necessarily obligated to make that gift

Here's an example wishlist that I made:

Ai Haibara

Accelerator (Toaru Majutsu no Index)

Kino (Kino's Journey)

Kazuha Toyama

I would prefer a fanfic, but if you can't do that then that is completely cool!

How to Upload Your Gift:

So you made your gift! Great, but how do you get it to your awesome receiver?

Well, this honestly depends on what gift you are uploading. Here are a few general guidelines:

Fanfics/fanart: Either posted here or on another publicly accessible site.

AMVs: Youtube, preferably, I really can't hold a lot of movie files on my computer.

Songs: Upload it as an .mp3 file to some public file-hosting website (I'm fond of Mediafire). If you can password-lock it, please give it the password: secretsanta (all lower case, no caps). You can also upload it onto Youtube.

If you happen to be making a gift that doesn't fit the above categories, or you just have questions, just PM me. We'll find a way.

Remember that once you upload your gift, please give the link to me through PM! It's no good if I don't have access to it! I'll always send a confirmation PM noting I did get the link, or there were problems with your link, or what not, so keep tabs on your inboxes!

Any other questions? Feel free to ask! Did I leave out something? Point it out!

Timeline for this Year:

Deadlines always expire on the day listed below, at midnight, in Mountain Standard Time. For your convenience, I also highlighted the particularly important dates.

- ***November 24, 2014***: All signups close! Remember that gift-giving is mandatory, so if you realize that you're going to be too busy this coming month, tell me so I can remove you from the list! I will assign everyone who signs up a person and give them their wishlist through PM by a few days after this date.

- December 15, 2014: I will begin screaming in this topic and maybe through PM to remind everyone that the deadline for gifts is the following week! REMEMBER THAT THE DEADLINE IS NEXT WEEK, PEOPLE! Something like that.

- December 21, 2014: Winter equinox! (Though you should be finishing gifts instead of appreciating this small fact. :V)

- ***December 22, 2014***: Deadline for gifts! Get your gifts in! Barring exceptional circumstances, I'm not going to take any gifts beyond this time. I need to organize all the gifts, and that will take time! Please make this process easy for me so there won't be any hassle before the gift-giving!

Note that while this is the deadline, I will most definitely accept gifts earlier. While I don't want to encourage rushing, if you have your gift done early then by all means turn it in!

- December 23, 2014: Stretch! Relax! You turned in your gift, and now it's time to wait while I organize the gifts behind the scenes for your convenience.

- December 24, 2014: Silence. This is fun, isn't it?

- ***December 25, 2014***: GIFTS! Here comes all the gifts that you made for each other! The reveals! The surprises! The drama! O, what fun...

Current signups:

- kirsch

- Misaki-chan

- MeiTanteixX

- astraculpa

- Kjehdal

- Hikari chan

- Raki

• Upvote 5

(I don't know where this image came from. If anyone can find the original source please tell me so I can credit it properly.)

Here it is!

The person says credit isn't necessary.  The original base picture used was a November/December calendar page from either 2009 or 2010, I can't remember which year.  I've been trying to track it down, but to no avail. 

I already said thank you one, but I'll say it again! Thank you.

Um, quite obviously, I want to join. :D

My wish list:

-Kid!Conan

-Sen (from yuumei's Knite series on Deviantart)

-Kai (also from yuumei's Knite series on Deviantart)

-Haibara Ai/Miyano Shiho

I'd prefer it to be a fanart, but well-written fanfics are nice, too.

Question: Will it be okay to change my wish list later on (before sign-ups close)?

As your community stalker, I've looked though all the previous years of Secret Santa's. Can't wait~

Here it is!

The person says credit isn't necessary.  The original base picture used was a November/December calendar page from either 2009 or 2010, I can't remember which year.  I've been trying to track it down, but to no avail. 

Thanks a bunch! I'll give them credit anyway (or at least, put a link to there).

Question: Will it be okay to change my wish list later on (before sign-ups close)?

Yes, until sign-ups close.

Oooo secret santa, you know I'm all for that (btw if you need a backup gifter I can do it).

WISHLIST:
-SatouxTakagi

-Sarah Manning (Orphan Black)

-Diana and/or Vesta (Animal Crossing)

...Well, a little status update. My computer, while it has served a long time, has finally given up fairly recently. I'm currently doing this via phone. I hope this won't affect the schedule, and I should be getting a replacement soon.

More importantly, with only 3 people, I'm not sure I can conduct the event.

There isn't really a specific number, just that 3 is much too small of a group.

Then we shall go spam ask people to join~

I'll ask all the people that I know here in DCW then...

I think it will be sad for everyone if this event won't continue at all..

I'll ask all the people that I know here in DCW then...

I think it will be sad for everyone if this event won't continue at all..

It will be sad... Even if we don't do it this year, I'll try to make up something like a Secret Valentine or something. :P

It will be sad... Even if we don't do it this year, I'll try to make up something like a Secret Valentine or something. :P

Yeah I guess... It'll be really sad if Secret Santa isn't hosted this year. It'll be like the mark of the end of DCW lol

I'll join because Kirsch keeps telling me to and why not. :P

Wish List:

-ShinRan

-KaiKo

-NaLu (Fairy Tail)

I'd be happy with any of these haha :)

Oh, can Raki and I not get each other? We are already doing a Secret Santa (*stares at Raki*) IRL, so doing it again here is... Repetitive and likely that one of us would find out before the gift-giving day.

Oh, can Raki and I not get each other? We are already doing a Secret Santa (*stares at Raki*) IRL, so doing it again here is... Repetitive and likely that one of us would find out before the gift-giving day.

Oh, vey true haha

Kirsch added me to a Secret Santa thing IRL without even asking me -.-

:P

Oh, vey true haha

Kirsch added me to a Secret Santa thing IRL without even asking me -.-

:P

I did ask you... Just ask my parter on crime T-T

Deadline for sign-ups is tomorrow...

@Mohovoricic: Did you get a new laptop?

@Mohovoricic: Did you get a new laptop?

Nope, not yet. This definitely is the reason why I was late, and not because I was incredibly lazy...yeah.

I mean, 7 people should be enough. I think I can safely close down sign-ups and start mixing up lists. They won't come to you guys today, but probably tomorrow or the day after at the latest. I promise! Stay tuned!

Nope, not yet. This definitely is the reason why I was late, and not because I was incredibly lazy...yeah.

I mean, 7 people should be enough. I think I can safely close down sign-ups and start mixing up lists. They won't come to you guys today, but probably tomorrow or the day after at the latest. I promise! Stay tuned!

Okay. 7 people... Not a lot, but better than 3? Anyways, hope you get that laptop soon! :D

*rubs hands*

Call it spam, but I am so hyped  :D  :D  :D

Hopefully people remembered the due date was the 22nd, not the 24th. It was only luck that I checked DCW and realized it wasn't the 24th. Otherwise, ahahaha... It'd be bad.