Detective Conan World
Kenzi

Kenzi's Art Thread

Another random art thread!

Here's a picture of Conan and Shinichi I drew with DeviantART muro a while ago: 

There's a "Watch Redraw" option on the right side of the page if you want to watch the drawing process.

I also haven't added a background on it since I've been getting lazy.

If any of you guys have an idea for a background that I really like, I might use it once I get the opportunity. I'm pretty open to suggestions at the moment.

I might continue adding stuff on here later, but school does get in the way of things, so probably not often.

TABLE OF CONTENTS:

1. Conan and Shinichi

2. Detective Conan banner | Version 2

3. Detective Conan Christmas wallpaper

4. More DC Christmas stuff

5. DC Chibis

>> next art post >>

• Upvote 10

That's so cool! I really like how you drew the folds of his suit; I can never get it right. Rep for you~

Did you submit this for the OneTruthPrevails subreddit? And win? I remember seeing something like this a while ago (or is it just deja vu?).

Did you submit this for the OneTruthPrevails subreddit? And win? I remember seeing something like this a while ago (or is it just deja vu?).

Haha, yea that was me, lol

Thanks for the support you guys!

I love it, and it's especially interesting to watch you draw it, especially the coloring. Great job!

I love to see how other people draw !!

That's the main reason why I love using DeviantART muro, haha.

It's a lot of fun tracking and watching the drawing process.

It's Thanksgiving Break where I live, so I finally got the opportunity to finish some banner I was working on for a while:

conan_by_jzcool123-d87r9sm.png

If there are any suggestions you would like to make (fonts, color scheme, arrangement, etc.), feel free to insert them here. 

This is only one type of style I enjoy working with, so I'll probably showcase some others later. 

I make a variety of stuff like banners (or signatures for DCW), avatars/icons, wallpapers, etc., so if you have anything you would like to see, ask away!

Brownie points to whoever can guess the DC openings this banner was inspired by, haha.

>> next art post >>

<< previous art post <<

• Upvote 5

O.o How did you make that?

I really like how you arranged the BO picture, Shinichi, and that light in the background. Gah... It's beautiful!

Suggestions: I would contrast the "Detective Conan" words (English) more by making it brighter, or maybe even adjust the lighting so it looks like it's being affected by the purple light. Also, Shadow Shinichi could be a bit lower so it gives the light a more 'central' feeling. I have no idea if this is an actual suggestion or just me begging for HD-ness, but Conan's picture on the right stands out with its older animation. Pretty much, it's perfectly fine, but my brain is... Like that.

Sadly, I can't get inside your mind, so I don't know what inspired you to do this, but I can name where you got the different pictures from ^-^

It's Thanksgiving Break where I live, so I finally got the opportunity to finish some banner I was working on for a while:

That's so good! *-*

I don't have the creativity to do any of that T-T

Rep for you~

As for the opening, was it Revive?

That's so good! *-*

I don't have the creativity to do any of that T-T

Rep for you~

As for the opening, was it Revive?

Oh yeah! Just gave Kenzi a rep, since I completely forgot about that function >.<

If it were Revive, wouldn't it a bit too obvious considering so many of the pictures are from that opening? And it doesn't really give off that vibe... Or is it just me? O.o

I do see some references from the opening "Revive" like the Aptx 4869 capsule, the CHO graph (haven't had biology in a while, so I can't remember the name very clearly.), DNA (Double Helix). However, I remember that one Shinichi scene on the far left from the opening "Butterfly Core".

This is very nice. Good job.

Oh yeah! Just gave Kenzi a rep, since I completely forgot about that function >.<

If it were Revive, wouldn't it a bit too obvious considering so many of the pictures are from that opening? And it doesn't really give off that vibe... Or is it just me? O.o

The things on the left just look a lot like the beginning scenes in Revive.

I do see some references from the opening "Revive" like the Aptx 4869 capsule, the CHO graph (haven't had biology in a while, so I can't remember the name very clearly.), DNA (Double Helix). However, I remember that one Shinichi scene on the far left from the opening "Butterfly Core".

This is very nice. Good job.

Yeah, the capsule and graph are what made me think it was Revive.

The things on the left just look a lot like the beginning scenes in Revive.

Yeah, the capsule and graph are what made me think it was Revive.

I know, but Revive probably has the best graphics for an opening, so it could just be that.

The openings referenced in the banner are Butterfly Core and Revive, haha.

The Shinichi on the very left is taken from Butterfly Core.

The APTX capsule, hydrocarbons, and DNA molecule were referencing Revive.

Suggestions: I would contrast the "Detective Conan" words (English) more by making it brighter, or maybe even adjust the lighting so it looks like it's being affected by the purple light. Also, Shadow Shinichi could be a bit lower so it gives the light a more 'central' feeling. I have no idea if this is an actual suggestion or just me begging for HD-ness, but Conan's picture on the right stands out with its older animation. Pretty much, it's perfectly fine, but my brain is... Like that.

I also took into consideration some of these suggestions (thanks, btw!), so I'll be uploading another version of the banner soon enough.

I also took into consideration some of these suggestions (thanks, btw!), so I'll be uploading another version of the banner soon enough.

If I knew you were referencing with the pictures, I would've known! It's almost sad how I can recognize all of them...

Your welcome! Can't wait~

If I knew you were referencing with the pictures, I would've known! It's almost sad how I can recognize all of them...

Your welcome! Can't wait~

I don't think I made the references very subtle since most of you guys managed to figure them out.

Butterfly Core and Revive are some of the more popular DC openings so I didn't think it'd be that big of a challenge either, lol

I don't think I made the references very subtle since most of you guys managed to figure them out.

Butterfly Core and Revive are some of the more popular DC openings so I didn't think it'd be that big of a challenge either, lol

Yeah, I've watched them both so many times. Sucker for CGI, I guess.

Yay! I was right! *happy dance*

So I'm finally finished with the edits that you suggested!

I also made a few extra edits, such as making Shinichi on the far left a bit more prominent. 

I got rid of his silhouette since moving it lower wasn't really much of an option.

Here's a before/after comparison:

Before:

After:

conan3_by_jzcool123-d87zr4z.png

I'm planning to display another style I work with in the near future, so any suggestions are appreciated!

If you would like to see anything else in the future (avatars, wallpapers, more banners, etc.) or even a certain theme (KaiKo themed, BO themed, etc.) feel free to insert them here.

>> next art post >>

<< previous art post <<

• Upvote 2

So I'm finally finished with the edits that you suggested!

I also made a few extra edits, such as making Shinichi on the far left a bit more prominent. 

I got rid of his silhouette since moving it lower wasn't really much of an option.

Here's a before/after comparison:

Before:

After:

conan3_by_jzcool123-d87zr4z.png

I'm planning to display another style I work with in the near future, so any suggestions are appreciated!

If you would like to see anything else in the future (avatars, wallpapers, more banners, etc.) or even a certain theme (KaiKo themed, BO themed, etc.) feel free to insert them here.

Whoa. When I opened the new one, it really imprinted itself into my eyes. It's so... My vocabulary is failing me at the moment, so I'll just say it left an impression. And the fact that it's really bright :P The way you made Shinichi's outline brighter and used a different Conan picture made it more dynamic. 

BO. Just... Yes. That would be so cool.

Whoa. When I opened the new one, it really imprinted itself into my eyes. It's so... My vocabulary is failing me at the moment, so I'll just say it left an impression. And the fact that it's really bright :P The way you made Shinichi's outline brighter and used a different Conan picture made it more dynamic. 

BO. Just... Yes. That would be so cool.

I also previously thought that Shinichi blended into the background a bit too much.

It'll probably be a while until I finish a BO version, but I'll make sure to keep it in mind.