Detective Conan World
Akazora

DC Opening 39 -- "Dynamite" by Mai Kuraki

The new opening for the Detective Conan anime series will be performed by veteran Mai Kuraki and is titled "Dynamite".  It will air with episode 757 on November 1st.  It will also serve as the theme song for the two hour special "The Disappearance of Edogawa Conan: The Worst Two Days in History".

G20140902008856300_view.jpg

Greed was alright, and I liked to sing to it too, however the official music video was quite random. Was still a good song though.

But I am a big fan of Mai Kuraki, and this year is her 15th anniversary, so I can't wait to hear her new song! (Which I think I mentioned about "Dyanmite" before on the The disappearance of Conan Edogawa: The worst two days in history thread. :3) Btw, happy 15th anniversary Mai! :)

And wow, time sure does fly. I remember opening 37 was still running on Detective Conan when I first got into it back in May, and now we're almost close to opening 40! :0

Can't wait to hear it, and to see what the new opening is going to be like with this song.

Thank goodness Moho, if you hadn't posted today I would have completely forgotten the opening had even aired.  Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH2ScEaeKpE

It's not a copy-paste DC opening at least, but it's not a very good one either.  It has an interesting atmosphere and color scheme, but a bit too many ShinRan and poorly animated scenes.  The numbered doors reminded me of 999, but I'm crazy like that.  Mai Kuraki lost her edge a long time ago; nothing she sings recently is something I'd put on my iPod.  Also, no BO = 0/10 will never not skip.

I'm not sure which part stood out the most to me. Was it the scene where Conan was being swarmed by an inexplicable army of bizarre dancing numbered doors, or was it the scene where Ran's horn was being used to drill to the core of the earth but then she accidentally exploded and fell into a epileptic monochrome kingdom hearts opening sequence?

Most importantly, what part of that opening indicated that you are about to watch a mystery show? Then again, with a weird club dance song like that for an OP, I'm not sure the animators could have done much better. B'z come back soon, we miss you.

• Upvote 1

@Chekhov MacGuffin: Haha, your post made me laugh! I wonder if Ran's horn really does have the potential to do that...?

OP 39 is... Interesting. I really like how they colored everything in greyscale then highlighted certain things with neon; it gave a really cool effect. However, this opening is not a DC opening. It didn't convey the theme at all. I also didn't really like the song, but that's just because it's not my style. There were the explosions (okay, that was pretty awesome, but it still looked like it came out of Dragonball Z), the impossible soccer ball stunts, and um... Doors. Lots of them. I wonder what the meaning behind it was...?

Favorite part:

kEmjEqj.jpg

lD2DCA2.jpg

h1iTxqt.jpg

L0CDWMN.jpg

Dragonball Z moment:

cYdQwfZ.jpg

Awkward moment when Conan drops in on a ShinRan scene:

vpJchuq.jpg

I really liked the opening as a song but I did not like the animation in the background.
As for the song itself, it does remind me of another song, but I can't seem to remember which one. It definitely has the same color as many of the hiphop songs from mtv.

@Chekhov MacGuffin: Haha, your post made me laugh! I wonder if Ran's horn really does have the potential to do that...?

OP 39 is... Interesting. I really like how they colored everything in greyscale then highlighted certain things with neon; it gave a really cool effect. However, this opening is not a DC opening. It didn't convey the theme at all. I also didn't really like the song, but that's just because it's not my style. There were the explosions (okay, that was pretty awesome, but it still looked like it came out of Dragonball Z), the impossible soccer ball stunts, and um... Doors. Lots of them. I wonder what the meaning behind it was...?

Favorite part:

kEmjEqj.jpg

lD2DCA2.jpg

h1iTxqt.jpg

L0CDWMN.jpg

Dragonball Z moment:

cYdQwfZ.jpg

Awkward moment when Conan drops in on a ShinRan scene:

vpJchuq.jpg

you practically summarized everything that I felt about the opening, from the favorite part to conan dropping in on shinran lol xD

the colors were really vivid and cool, but I like the past openings much more... and the song is definitely not my type :P

you practically summarized everything that I felt about the opening, from the favorite part to conan dropping in on shinran lol xD

the colors were really vivid and cool, but I like the past openings much more... and the song is definitely not my type :P

I put the last part with Conan in there because my brother and I were both like, "Whoa. The heck?" Haha, and the way they drew the ShinRan thing was really good, too. I wonder if they put it through a filter...?

I usually have to listen/watch an opening a few times to like it (it took me a while to get used to Greed, but now I miss it >.<). However, I still don't find Dynamite to be so great.

I personally thought that the opening was perfect. I did not think that the animation or song was bad at all.

Mai did state a while back that since it's her 15th anniversary as a musician, she said that she's going to try as much as many different types of genres of music as she can. So techno, is the first genre she is working on.

I wonder if she's going to do some Pop/Rock music next. It would be very interesting to see, even though Mai's most favorite genres in music are R&B and Pop.

Anyways, It's a very awesome song! As expected, from Mai Kuraki. :)

I personally thought that the opening was perfect. I did not think that the animation or song was bad at all.

Mai did state a while back that since it's her 15th anniversary as a musician, she said that she's going to try as much as many different types of genres of music as she can. So techno, is the first genre she is working on.

I wonder if she's going to do some Pop/Rock music next. It would be very interesting to see, even though Mai's most favorite genres in music are R&B and Pop.

Anyways, It's a very awesome song! As expected, from Mai Kuraki. :)

I don't hate the song nor animation. I just think it's unusual, and it would take some getting usual. After all, I've never really heard much techno music before, so this is new for me :D

Oh, this is her 15th anniversary? Congrats to Mai Kuraki, then! She sang a lot of good openings and endings for DC.

Techno and Pop music are both rather popular genres in Japan, but in America, it's quite rare to hear techno music nowdays, so I can clearly understand why many are not very familiar with techno. 

Well, as for me. I've been listening to J-pop, techno, salsa, and K-pop for as long as I can remember, I basically grew up listening to music that's not American, so I'm very familiar with this kind of music, and I dig the techno songs. Especially Japanese. I would have to say that around 10 was the age where I actually started to listen to J-pop more.

It's great to see that you're giving a new genre of music a try! That's always a good thing! :D

And yes, it's her 15th anniversary. Hope to see lots more of Mai in the future. :)

Wow, this is good, really. I'm not satisfied with Greed animation so I think this is better.The music was okay, and I like the colours but definitely not the OP for a mystery anime.