Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

Movie 19: Sunflowers of Inferno

Most of you have already heard the news, but just in case some of you haven't Movie 19 is going to feature Kaitou Kid and Vincent van Gogh's artworks. The sunflower teaser preview at the end of Dimensional Sniper was a reference to van Gogh's "Sunflowers" series. (Source) Movie 19 will be released in theaters around April 19th, 2015.

You can expect Gosho's poster, basic plot information, and maybe the first teaser trailer (very short) to come out around somewhere between the middle of November and the first week of December (estimation based on past recent movies).

• Upvote 2

Movie 19 is going to feature Kaitou Kid and Vincent van Gogh's artworks.

This is kinda weird. I really admire Gogh's works but I really hate KID. Oh, what to do...

I don't really expect too much out of this movie. I'd be impressed if this works.

This is kinda weird. I really admire Gogh's works but I really hate KID. Oh, what to do...

Gogh's works are probably going to end up as mainly plot devices. Maybe they'll sprinkle in a bit of history at most. I'm only basing this off of patterns coming from the previous movies, so I could be completely off-mark. Though I still wouldn't get my hopes up.

I don't really expect too much out of this movie. I'd be impressed if this works.

The golden years for Conan movies are long gone. It's a shame that they're just spoon-feeding us fan-service and going overboard with Conan's gadgetry these days.

This might be a stupid question but, is Ayoama completely not involved in the DC movies? not even part of the plot, details, etc are added by him?? 

If that is the case then I should not have high expectations for the movies in the first place. I guess they are there just to attract new fans with their excaggerated action scenes(skateboard flying) and repeating appearances of popular charaters (kaito,heiji) and pairling stories (in every movie there has to be some kind romantic story involving Ran and Shinichi, even if COMPLETELY irrelavant to place and time).

Having said that, yes,I guess I am among those people that thought movie 18 was meh and 19 might not be much better. At least 18 featured Akai and sniping so I think it might even be better than the coming one. But then again we do not know much about the new movie, it could be a a bit different than the usual 'kaito tells, does, amazes, and then gets stopped by conan'. Maybe a showdown between several detectives like Heiji, Bourbon, Sera, or some kind of different adventure.... I guess it's to early to tell from what we've got now...

as i like action and destroying (location) aspect of DC movies, i dislike movie 17 and love movie 18. since it's museum they can't destroy it, but the mystery won't be usual killing repetitive. it will be good, i hope.

• Upvote 1

Never did like Kid movies, though we haven't had one since movie 14 (as much as I despised it).  I'm just banking on a BO movie for the 20th anime anniversary, because that's the kind of fan service I can get behind.

From Beika Street forums (Tuntun):

Titre : Détective Conan - Gôka no Himawari (Le Torrent de Feu de Tournesol)
Sortie : 18 avril 2015
Réalisateur : Kôbun Shizuno
Scénario : Takeharu Sakurai

Au niveau de l'histoire, Le Kid sera considéré comme un suspect :
-dans le vol du tableau de Van Gogh "Les Tournesol"
-dans le meurtre du propriétaire du tableau
-dans l’explosion d'un avion

Google Translation:
In terms of [story], Kid will be considered a suspect:
-in the theft of the Van Gogh painting "The Sunflower"
-in the murder of the owner of the painting
-in the explosion of an airplane

as i like action and destroying (location) aspect of DC movies, i dislike movie 17 and love movie 18. since it's museum they can't destroy it, but the mystery won't be usual killing repetitive. it will be good, i hope.

scanning for relatable comments, finally found it!!! ^^ i only liked the climax of movie 17 but over all, a bit disappointed, but like you said, movie 18 was just LEGENDARY, with all these nice angles and slowmotions of bullets, and the lovable scenes + AKAI and SERA

Never did like Kid movies, though we haven't had one since movie 14 (as much as I despised it).  I'm just banking on a BO movie for the 20th anime anniversary, because that's the kind of fan service I can get behind.

Yup that sounds like something I'd really get excited for. We can only hope.

Brief plot summary:

"Kaitou Kid has set his sights on a recently resurfaced Sunflowers painting by Van Gogh and seems prepared to put a lot of people in danger to get his hands on it?!" (DCTP).

Gosho's M19 poster and movie info: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3443006607

Wow! The poster looks very nice!  ^_^ And I'm loving the art style in those screenshots there! Thanks for sharing this with us The Black Demon!  :)

Also, thanks for the brief summary Kenzi! (Btw, did you translate this?)

I'm looking forward to this new movie, since I've watched through 13 movies of Detective Conan so far (in order) and none of them has yet disappointed me. And I dig the Conan vs. Kid action, so I might really enjoy this movie. I haven't watched Dimensional Sniper yet, but I watched through half of it, and it seemed pretty interesting. I need to watch it before this year ends, so I can catch up with watching the 19th movie being released next year.

Wow! The poster looks very nice!  ^_^ And I'm loving the art style in those screenshots there! Thanks for sharing this with us The Black Demon!  :)

Also, thanks for the brief summary Kenzi! (Btw, did you translate this?)

I'm looking forward to this new movie, since I've watched through 13 movies of Detective Conan so far (in order) and none of them has yet disappointed me. And I dig the Conan vs. Kid action, so I might really enjoy this movie. I haven't watched Dimensional Sniper yet, but I watched through half of it, and it seemed pretty interesting. I need to watch it before this year ends, so I can catch up with watching the 19th movie being released next year.

You can thank DCTP for it, haha.

I'm somewhat indifferent toward the movies with Kid in them.

I really disliked movie 3.

Movie 8 was okay, but it wasn't anything groundbreaking. Being confined in a plane isn't a great setting idea for the majority of the movie, just sayin'

I enjoyed movie 10 not for Kid, but for the mystery aspect of the movie.

Movie 14 would have done fine (or even better) without Kid's involvement.

Movie 19 seems...different.

But I have a hunch that the trailer is going to be extremely misleading

...kinda like movie 14's

I'm trying to keep my hopes down for the movie for the sake of being 'pleasantly surprised' after watching it, if you will.

I wonder what the official English translation of the title will be?  I remember they used to have it in the promotional posters, but they left it out of movie 18's and now movie 19's.  A direct translation of the French title would be something like "The Torrent of Fire of Sunflowers" which is really cumbersome.  I'd guess a better translation to English, going off of the Japanese title, would be "The Blaze of Sunflowers", "The Inferno of Sunflowers", "Sunflower Blaze", or "Sunflower Inferno".  Ah well, I was really hoping for a silly pun on the word "frame", but whatever.

Let's see, we have the theft of the Van Gogh painting, which seems to be the main focus of the story, with the murder of the painting's owner and a plane explosion as side cases or background info.  Thought it would be more focused around a museum, otherwise I don't see how Kid would tie into things, but we'll see how things turn out.  

Also, from the posters:

no Agasa = no quiz = 10/10 best movie

no Haibara = 0/10 worst movie

average: 5/10 it's almost a passing grade, I guess

This might be a stupid question but, is Ayoama completely not involved in the DC movies? not even part of the plot, details, etc are added by him?? 

If that is the case then I should not have high expectations for the movies in the first place. I guess they are there just to attract new fans with their excaggerated action scenes(skateboard flying) and repeating appearances of popular charaters (kaito,heiji) and pairling stories (in every movie there has to be some kind romantic story involving Ran and Shinichi, even if COMPLETELY irrelavant to place and time).

Having said that, yes,I guess I am among those people that thought movie 18 was meh and 19 might not be much better. At least 18 featured Akai and sniping so I think it might even be better than the coming one. But then again we do not know much about the new movie, it could be a a bit different than the usual 'kaito tells, does, amazes, and then gets stopped by conan'. Maybe a showdown between several detectives like Heiji, Bourbon, Sera, or some kind of different adventure.... I guess it's to early to tell from what we've got now...

I'm pretty sure Gosho is involved in movies pretty often, if not for all. He mentioned in an interview he's allowed to look through the storyboards, change certain scripts, and etc. Of course, there are some things he's more into than others, so him not doing anything vs. him doing something really doesn't make too much of a difference (there are exceptions though). There's always the 'key animation scene' he does for every movie though...

About the actual movie... I'm not the best person to look for input. I'm a Kaitou Kid fan; sue me. Either way, I won't be watching it until I catch up to the more current episodes, so no matter what happens, I don't really mind. I highly doubt it'll please the mystery fans or plot fans, but maybe we can hope for comedy? Hehe...

I wonder what the official English translation of the title will be?  I remember they used to have it in the promotional posters, but they left it out of movie 18's and now movie 19's.  A direct translation of the French title would be something like "The Torrent of Fire of Sunflowers" which is really cumbersome.  I'd guess a better translation to English, going off of the Japanese title, would be "The Blaze of Sunflowers", "The Inferno of Sunflowers", "Sunflower Blaze", or "Sunflower Inferno".  Ah well, I was really hoping for a silly pun on the word "frame", but whatever.

Let's see, we have the theft of the Van Gogh painting, which seems to be the main focus of the story, with the murder of the painting's owner and a plane explosion as side cases or background info.  Thought it would be more focused around a museum, otherwise I don't see how Kid would tie into things, but we'll see how things turn out.  

Also, from the posters:

no Agasa = no quiz = 10/10 best movie

no Haibara = 0/10 worst movie

average: 5/10 it's almost a passing grade, I guess

No quiz would be breaking a tradition, i dont like them but dont mind them either

also a movie without Ai would be phenomenal 

No quiz would be breaking a tradition, i dont like them but dont mind them either

also a movie without Ai would be phenomenal 

maya-shock.gif

Say what?!

Edit: In case anyone is wondering, ANN has translated the title as "The Hellfire Sunflowers" and if Google Translate is anything to go by, this is a rather accurate translation.

Edited by Akazora

maya-shock.gif

Say what?!

Edit: In case anyone is wondering, ANN has translated the title as "The Hellfire Sunflowers" and if Google Translate is anything to go by, this is a rather accurate translation.

my ideal movie cast would be conan, heiji, and kogoro with the police. 

and this time sleeping kogoro is at the scene of the crime with heiji ( they have not done this since the 100th episodes...no wait 224 episode) 

agasa would run research for conan, and the girls are mentioned, but not shown, at a movie

kinda odd for a tittle: "The Hellfire Sunflowers"

I'm not a fan of KID movies but... this time should be different than the last few movies where Ran gets in trouble (sick of it)

So this movie's going to be held in a museum, KID doing some heist then disguise himself, an hour drag of finding the jewel and KID's identity, some danger. The end.

Seriously, I don't know how this is going to work out...

Well, at least it's a real heist this time. I've been missing them since Movie 8.

Agreed. and since now Magic Kaito 1412 is aired, it's not weird now they focus more on KID throughout the year (to gain popularity of course).