Detective Conan World
DetectiveConanfan

How does Kaitou Kid know Conan's identity?

I know that in the episodes Kaito Kid figures out Conan real identity, (right?) but he doesn't in the manga (right?)

can anyone tell me?

and i think that the Conan vs. Kaito is cool!

Go Conan! It's so frustrating some times! Conan gets SOO close!

Have any of you read Magic Kaito? (Kaito Kid's manga) It's pretty good. Shinichi appears!

Kuroba seems like such a klutz and when he becomes "Kid" he becomes so smart and "cool". It's weird.

In one of the episodes Kaito knew everything about Conan,I do not really remember that episode or its number,hmmmm I'm not really sure about the manga cause I only read the B.OFBI files! xD

I'm sure somebody else will answer you clearley! ^^

really? how did he know his identity?

i have watched DC movies.. movie 1-12.. but i can't remenber any of those showing how kaito knew about conan's identity..

if you konw the episode, ova or manga where he figure out conan's secret.. kindly inform me.. tnx alot guys.. :D

I'm pretty sure he figures it out sometime during the course of the third movie, "The Last Wizard of the Century", because at the end, Shinichi is about to reveal himself to Ran, and then Kaito shows up

it's also clear that he knows by the time of movie eight, "Magician of the Silver Sky", because of the part at the beginning when they're in the dressing room and Shinichi says "but I'm the real...", and Kaito just kinda grins at him

so he know's about conan in the movie.

but what about the manga?

I think I remember reading somewhere that since the movies aren't actually canon to the manga, it's entirely likely that this little detail isn't in fact true

yeah, i had the same question. they don't really explain how kid knows conan's true identity but whatever. the kudo bloodline just makes you know everything. ^^

(not to be a spoiling brat but they're related...Shinichi and Kid)

yeah, i had the same question. they don't really explain how kid knows conan's true identity but whatever. the kudo bloodline just makes you know everything. ^^

(not to be a spoiling brat but they're related...Shinichi and Kid)

Seriously, they are?! Does that mean that Kid's thief blood is in Shinichi as well as Shinichi's detective skills?! (I hope this isn't hoax. Dx)

Question! In the series, has Kaito mention that he knows the true identity of Conan? Well, it's been bothering me lately hearing the fact that Kaito doesn't know who Conan really is in the manga (as they say).

Kaito kid identifies Conan as Shinichi in the 3rd movie [although I think Kid just stumbled the phone conversation accidentally]. And there he finds the phone conversation pretty weird for a kid. The way Conan talks on the phone is not like an elementary grader. And confirms it even further from the way he deduce things from the murder case and why he knows and understands high-level infos - Kid got it all with just few clues.

ohhhh..... so kaito knows about conan's identity in the anime/movies for sure.....

but has it been confirmed in the manga?

I didn't notice my post does not answer your question. I was hooked up in the above conversation that's why.

ohhhh..... so kaito knows about conan's identity in the anime/movies for sure.....

but has it been confirmed in the manga?

it's actually only in the movies... it may also be in the anime, but it's never been confirmed

I know for sure that Kid had figured out who Conan was by the end of the third movie because he appeared as Shinichi right when Conan was about to tell Ran his true identity. A few minutes later, when Ran was out of earshot, he asked Conan why he would come help his enemy with his own problem, indirectly stating that he knew Conan was Shinichi.

If I recall right, Shinichi's dad and Kaito's dad were friends correct? I forget where I saw that on....I think it was dealing with the first run-in with Kid but I can't really remember.

If I recall right, Shinichi's dad and Kaito's dad were friends correct? I forget where I saw that on....I think it was dealing with the first run-in with Kid but I can't really remember.

You are looking for Boy Shinichi's Adventure Chapters 570-573, Episodes 472-473.

Hey everyone, I was wondering how Kid knew Conan's identity.

It shows only in:

Detective Conan Movie 3: The Last Wizard of the Century

Detective Conan Movie 8: Magician of the Silver Sky

Is there any information on HOW Kid knows?

Thanks everyone for the help! ^_^