Detective Conan World
s-b11119

the school

^ That sort of thing happens when you become a senior in my school, however, you get a bit more freedom as you go up anyway. Next year I get to choose my LOTE subject (Japanese, Japanese, Japanese)

^ That sort of thing happens when you become a senior in my school, however, you get a bit more freedom as you go up anyway. Next year I get to choose my LOTE subject (Japanese, Japanese, Japanese)

Soka...so you want to learn Japanese

COOL! I want to learn Japanese too T^T

We can't choose a language to study here... its just English and arabic (but some little schools teach French or other languages but NOT Japanese -_-)

I'm fine with schooling when you're around the age when you can't still decide your career since you're still choosing but when you already have truly decided I think it's not needed.

And btw, There are also teachers in the internet and sometimes they are really better.

and anyway, tell me, how on earth is a hundred thousands of assignments and school projects connected to your career? And plus, why do you have to learn the subject you hate?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."( A fake quote by an anonymous person who attributed it to einstein but what it says is true. Not all people are the same and they have different specialties so trying to grade them on the thing that they aren't good is just... )

More people commited suicide because of schooling, paying lots of money for college and getting a diploma. That paper, called diploma, means nothing since true knowledge isn't there. It's in you. Funny how our society revolves around it.

(First, I just want to say that my country's education system is different than yours :), but I will try to be as general as I can)

Ok, first, we're all agree that schooling when still can't decide a career is right!

But when truly decided? There are some problems with that!

First, what if you your decision was made when you were too young, maybe inexperienced is a more suitable word! You think that to you, your favorite subject is easy, is fun but as studying at a higher level, everything will be much more difficult, by this I mean what you knew about your favorite subjects when you were young was just the surface of that subject! (except for some people who are lucky, who met the love (the subject) of their life when they were young and can keep that love long-lasting) The point is, you thought you're passionate with the subject, but you're wrong :/ That's why "TRULY decided" often happen when you finish high school! And in university of course you can choose the subject you want to study ^^

Second, well, when you were young, you should learn not only your favorite but others as well since each subject has its own importance. But I only think we should learn the basics :) When we're older, we can take advance class of subjects we like and basics class of others. And when we go to university, we choose what to study :) So I really think if you're a genius, who is extremely good and in love with Maths but you're only 10, 13 years old. Yup, maybe many people and you even think that you should only focus on Maths but... you will miss a lot of things :/

And one more thing, you can never get the ideal education! Because education just provides you knowledge (maybe sometimes the way education provides the knowledge is annoying), take it or not is up to you :) It is always your choice and determination make your success. You made your decision, people like me told you that it was wrong, told that you knew nothing, you would miss a lot of thing. You may listen or may not. It depends on your determination. You got bad marks at history, excellent marks at Maths. History homework is as much as Maths homework (when you're mature, you have to do a lot more of things that you don't like). You wondered why education don't let you escape the history thing, instead of accepting it as a rule of the game. In order to win something you have to lose something -> it's always the rule/law (?) of life -.-" As education is just a game with rules that can change but never satisfy all the students, being here debate about an ideal education system is... kind of pointless :/ Thank you for reading anyway ^^ It's so long :o

About that quote, well, it's quite right :) But it teaches you some more things that maybe you, MK, don't recognize :)

- Don't trust people's judgements too much. Who knows that they're jealous or stupid, stupid is so harsh :P, then "don't understand anything" :)

- This thing is kinda hard to explain but that quote also means that climbing tree is the fish's deadly weakness. It's not good to have weakness you know :) Not only do you learn to be better at your best thing, but you also learn to improve your... worst thing (?) xD I just want to write a cool sentence but fail :P

About suicide thing? Oh well, education which only provides knowledge is not responsible for this ^^

I totally agree about the diploma thing ^^

I agree... thats why I think there should be a rule that at a certain grade... people can choose what they study... to study certain subjects...

I don't think it will ever happen but thats what I wish...

I think it's when you go to university :/, right?

It will happen. Trust me :) dunno when though.

(Look above plz ^^)

I guess it is...

And after reading that long paragraph you wrote...

I think I have changed my mind a bit.. I actually haven't really had a constant decision. ..

But anyway now after such wisdom (*-*) *cough* anyway *cough* I think that education is so important ... and that school of course is important too.... it also makes people learn about the outside of the small world they live in... to interact with different people. .. and so on... also there is nothing better than getting the information from you teacher... I think its the most effective way of learning ... (maybe I am the listener type of person when it comes to learning)

And also I something I want to say....

Once a teacher got mad because a student misbehaved.... so she said "my first priority as a teacher here in a school... is to teach you manners ... because no matter how much knowledge you have... you can never have people asking it from you if they hate your personality (she means that people will take it from someone else) .... and if you think I don't care then I will tell you this.... if I fail to make you well behaved then I fail as a teacher no matter how good your results are!"

she might have said it in a different way but the meaning is same

And this is a point also of going to school... you could learn what is right and what is wrong... and gain experience of talking to people....

I guess it is...

And after reading that long paragraph you wrote...

I think I have changed my mind a bit.. I actually haven't really had a constant decision. ..

But anyway now after such wisdom (*-*) *cough* anyway *cough* I think that education is so important ... and that school of course is important too.... it also makes people learn about the outside of the small world they live in... to interact with different people. .. and so on... also there is nothing better than getting the information from you teacher... I think its the most effective way of learning ... (maybe I am the listener type of person when it comes to learning)

And also I something I want to say....

Once a teacher got mad because a student misbehaved.... so she said "my first priority as a teacher here in a school... is to teach you manners ... because no matter how much knowledge you have... you can never have people asking it from you if they hate your personality (she means that people will take it from someone else) .... and if you think I don't care then I will tell you this.... if I fail to make you well behaved then I fail as a teacher no matter how good your results are!"

she might have said it in a different way but the meaning is same

And this is a point also of going to school... you could learn what is right and what is wrong... and gain experience of talking to people....

(First, I just want to say that my country's education system is different than yours :), but I will try to be as general as I can)

Ok, first, we're all agree that schooling when still can't decide a career is right!

But when truly decided? There are some problems with that!

First, what if you your decision was made when you were too young, maybe inexperienced is a more suitable word! You think that to you, your favorite subject is easy, is fun but as studying at a higher level, everything will be much more difficult, by this I mean what you knew about your favorite subjects when you were young was just the surface of that subject! (except for some people who are lucky, who met the love (the subject) of their life when they were young and can keep that love long-lasting) The point is, you thought you're passionate with the subject, but you're wrong :/ That's why "TRULY decided" often happen when you finish high school! And in university of course you can choose the subject you want to study ^^

Second, well, when you were young, you should learn not only your favorite but others as well since each subject has its own importance. But I only think we should learn the basics :) When we're older, we can take advance class of subjects we like and basics class of others. And when we go to university, we choose what to study :) So I really think if you're a genius, who is extremely good and in love with Maths but you're only 10, 13 years old. Yup, maybe many people and you even think that you should only focus on Maths but... you will miss a lot of things :/

And one more thing, you can never get the ideal education! Because education just provides you knowledge (maybe sometimes the way education provides the knowledge is annoying), take it or not is up to you :) It is always your choice and determination make your success. You made your decision, people like me told you that it was wrong, told that you knew nothing, you would miss a lot of thing. You may listen or may not. It depends on your determination. You got bad marks at history, excellent marks at Maths. History homework is as much as Maths homework (when you're mature, you have to do a lot more of things that you don't like). You wondered why education don't let you escape the history thing, instead of accepting it as a rule of the game. In order to win something you have to lose something -> it's always the rule/law (?) of life -.-" As education is just a game with rules that can change but never satisfy all the students, being here debate about an ideal education system is... kind of pointless :/ Thank you for reading anyway ^^ It's so long :o

About that quote, well, it's quite right :) But it teaches you some more things that maybe you, MK, don't recognize :)

- Don't trust people's judgements too much. Who knows that they're jealous or stupid, stupid is so harsh :P, then "don't understand anything" :)

- This thing is kinda hard to explain but that quote also means that climbing tree is the fish's deadly weakness. It's not good to have weakness you know :) Not only do you learn to be better at your best thing, but you also learn to improve your... worst thing (?) xD I just want to write a cool sentence but fail :P

About suicide thing? Oh well, education which only provides knowledge is not responsible for this ^^

I totally agree about the diploma thing ^^

(Look above plz ^^)

Well I'm really not against schooling as I said but it's too overrated. As I stated, If you already learnt how to be independent and found your passion then you should be allowed to leave school if you really want to and not force you into something that is a waste of valuable resources.

The only thing that I'm angry about is how our society treats it as so important(the schooling not the education) that many jobs require you to finish a course that takes alot of time and money. I wish the measurement wasn't on the degree you finished but on how much you've learnt since many can cheat their way through it. (Paying lots of money is an example.)

Also it's bad pushing a person to something he/she truly dislikes, It's like locking up a traumatized person in a room with the thing that traumatized him/her.

It's also funny how we think that school teaches us manners whn the truth is they don't really help. (Just look at the western society, not trying to mock or anything, but there's alot of bad teenage things going out there, and if you all are gonna say that school helps well... sadly)

Now for the final part, Why do you think the poor becomes poorer and the rich becomes richer? One of the primary roots is yeah, again schooling, the poor who want it can't afford it but the rich ones who can afford it wastes it. The poor people loses hope, sadly, since their mindset is that I need the diploma eventhough that paper is nothing. Now this person turns evilish since he/she cannot afford a living. He goes committing crime to make money. Now the other one of the reason is manners. We spend more time in school than with our parents. Nature programmed us that true nurture comes from our parents(just look at the the other animals, how they are the one who teach their young. Yes, there is no schooling) since they are the one who only can truly love us (some teachers are just motivated by money and they don't really care since it's not their child). Now a child grows without manners. He'll/She'll grow unhappy and spend more time making money than growing relationships, finding time with family and growing wisdom. This in return will pass unto generations and generations. Now what a sad ending for everybody.

lol anyway, I look propagandistic here and I pretty much gone off topic but I'm just trying to say that School is Boring :P and that's all.

well I'm really not against schooling as I said but it's too overrated. As I stated, If you already learnt how to be independent and found your passion then you should be allowed to leave school if you really want to and not force you into something that is a waste of valuable resources.

The only thing that I'm angry about is how our society treats it as so important(the schooling not the education) that many jobs require you to finish a course that takes alot of time and money. I wish the measurement wasn't on the degree you finished but on how much you've learnt since many can cheat their way through it. (Paying lots of money is an example).

Also it's bad pushing a person to something he/she truly dislikes, It's like locking up a traumatized person in a room with the thing that traumatized him/her.

It's also funny how we think that school teaches us manners whn the truth is they don't really help. (Just look at the western society, not trying to mock or anything, but there's alot of bad teenage things going out there, and if you all are gonna say that school helps well... sadly)

I agree... but here manners are really very cared for in schools that many people get suspended or get warning letters for misbehaving...

And I really really hate people who use money to get certificates or jobs... it is a very serious issue and yet many people don't care about it... I also hate those who help such actions -_-

I agree... but here manners are really very cared for in schools that many people get suspended or get warning letters for misbehaving...

And I really really hate people who use money to get certificates or jobs... it is a very serious issue and yet many people don't care about it... I also hate those who help such actions -_-

Well only a few school do that and you gotta think how much schools, children and students are there who doesn't get that kind of privilege? Now that's an issue.

Yeah, as long as a person is not affected, mostly she/he will not care.

People need to take as many classes as they can stand. While there is almost no doubt that most of the information learned in those classes will be lost, that's not the point – the goal is the development that results from the pursuit of knowledge. As one expands their own knowledge, they tend to expand into other subjects, eventually hitting on a few particular points that motivate them much more than others. Exploring many fields also develops critical thinking faculties, and makes the individual more well-rounded.

Sure, school isn't the only place where this can happen, but it's one of the best and most frequent places.

School can be stressful, but generally--if you challenge yourself--it's not boring.

In fact, I used to love going to school. I loved learning under a peaceful environment where not everything was dependent on grades. However, once high school started, I suddenly became surrounded by people who were no longer driven by their passion for learning, but rather by their desire for prestige. Before long, I realized that I have converted into one of those people. I found myself taking as many AP classes and attempting at as many standardized tests as I could in order to compete with them.

Needless to say, I've lost track of why I even enjoyed going to school in the first place. Life became extremely stressful extremely quickly, and I even pulled my first all-nighter not too long ago in an attempt to finish an essay and to study for an oncoming test. I no longer enjoyed learning--it became a chore and the amount of sleep-deprived days I suffered through became immeasurable.

Despite all of this, I still do not find school boring. Education is a privilege, and although I frequently tend to take it for granted, the volume of knowledge I have gained throughout high school so far is one thing I still have not regretted working for.

I'm actually pretty indifferent about school.

I'm just used to it, so it seems like yet another routine practice. Sure, I have those days where I really want to just go home and not sit through eight periods but in the end it doesn't really make a difference.

I'm actually pretty indifferent about school.

I'm just used to it, so it seems like yet another routine practice. Sure, I have those days where I really want to just go home and not sit through eight periods but in the end it doesn't really make a difference.

You have 8 periods O.O

We have only 7 with 45 min duration each. ..

You have 8 periods O.O

We have only 7 with 45 min duration each. ..

:/ We have 8 periods.

5 of them are 46 minutes long,

1 of them is 48 minutes long,

and of 2 them are 56 minutes long. 

With 4 minutes in between each. 

O-O

:/ We have 8 periods.

5 of them are 46 minutes long,

1 of them is 48 minutes long,

and of 2 them are 56 minutes long. 

With 4 minutes in between each. 

O-O

We have none of those in between minutes. ..

teachers leave the class late ... and with work for us to copy :angry: and they start the period late and scold us because we don't finish what they want us to finish -_-

And we have one break.... but luckily we have short periods especially the last one... it is about 35 min

BUT we are so stressed because teachers give us homeworks alot if we didn't finish the work...