Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

Crunchyroll to simulcast DC

Yep, pretty bland case, and really stretched out... but I thought the ending bits were a bit unique for an AO and I certainly appreciated it.

Cut that out though and it's nothing special.

Well, we're on break for two more weeks and then, oddly, we are starting with the Zombie case!

Much more excited for that anime adaptation than the Shin/Ran flashback, but I really wish they'd get to it already, since it almost seems like they may actually gloss over it.

TIhEZrJ.gif

27 minutes ago, Heliotropic said:

Yep, pretty bland case, and really stretched out... but I thought the ending bits were a bit unique for an AO and I certainly appreciated it.

Well, we're on break for two more weeks and then, oddly, we are starting with the Zombie case!

Much more excited for that anime adaptation than the Shin/Ran flashback, but I really wish they'd get to it already, since it almost seems like they may actually gloss over it.

TIhEZrJ.gif

the zombie case was not as great as the previous monster cases, to me, but overall good

i am looking forward to that one but i was expecting it in october 

7 hours ago, Heliotropic said:

TIhEZrJ.gif

7 hours ago, Neo Balthazar said:

the zombie case was not as great as the previous monster cases, to me, but overall good

i am looking forward to that one but i was expecting it in october 

Last time they held back on doing a case this long was with Kaitou Kid and the Blush Mermaid (828–830), which should've had only one case precede it (825–827)—instead, the three cases that came after it (831–833; 834–840; 841–843) aired first.

In this case, the Zombie case will be the third manga case that should've followed it, but is now preceding it. So maybe on September 24th and October 1st, we'll finally get it. If not then, then the two subsequent weeks—I'd say Neo Balthazar is on the mark with his guess, either way, since it's looking at least one episode will air in October.

I'd say the story holds more significance than The Fugitive (File 594)—that one file case is the only time the anime staff skipped a manga case, and the Shinichi/Ran first meeting flashback is four files, and, in terms of how it's told, is quite unique—so I don't think they'd skip it and just have Closing 51 act as some kind of substitute.

Been kept a little busy, but really enjoyed the last part of the Zombie case. Looking forward to the next part within the hour. Renewed my subscription to Crunchyroll, or sort of... since they gave me a free 7 day trial while they try to work out my payment method. Took like 5 tickets for Crunchyroll support to even understand my issue, when it was incredibly straight-forward. Their solution apparently was that I either wait for them to fix it (which has been about 3 weeks now and it still isn't) or for me to delete my account and start fresh... I had somewhat of an issue before with them, which is why I stopped using their services for about 3 months. I'd like to continue using Crunchyroll, but they are giving me pretty much every reason not to at this point.

Anyways, with the rant out of the way, I really liked 831. I thought it was a good adaptation of the chapter, though certain things in the manga were captured a bit better. 

8 hours ago, Neo Balthazar said:

i miss sleeping kogoro in conan and heiji cases 

Since he has a posse of super sleuths around him, now, he seems to be eschewing Kogoro more and more.

At least his use of Kogoro led to some plot development in the Soul Detective case (File 951–File 953)...

21 minutes ago, DCUniverseAficionado said:

Since he has a posse of super sleuths around him, now, he seems to be eschewing Kogoro more and more.

Reveal hidden contents

At least his use of Kogoro led to some plot development in the Soul Detective case (File 951–File 953)...

He even doesn't have to be around other detectives, sometimes he solves cases publicly like in the first case with Haneda Shuukichi and Kawanakajima  case and these cases happen more and more. Poor Kogoro.

49 minutes ago, eros1607 said:

He even doesn't have to be around other detectives, sometimes he solves cases publicly like in the first case with Haneda Shuukichi and Kawanakajima  case and these cases happen more and more.

Yeah, that's not just eschewing Kogoro—that's eschewing the whole "hide behind someone else" part.

833 was better then i expected, it was nice

next episode looks ˝promising˝   

also when Ran was reading the newspapers and that picture of a girl eating ramen

kinda looks like the girl from that episode where a ramen shop guy impersonated a cop to protect her 

New time of release, isn't it still 3:00 PM EST? 

Liked the last couple episodes. 836 was a good adaptation of the case and am looking forward to 837 tomorrow. (I'll be around DCW more frequently, at least for the next two weeks until things pick up again)

On 10/25/2016 at 6:58 PM, Heliotropic said:

New time of release, isn't it still 3:00 PM EST? 

Liked the last couple episodes. 836 was a good adaptation of the case and am looking forward to 837 tomorrow. (I'll be around DCW more frequently, at least for the next two weeks until things pick up again)

i think its 30-40 min more to wait

nice to have you back

837 was a tad boring to me, the ending was ok

loved the soundtrack from the old days

throwback

next episode seems interesting

sure a murder in mid air has happened bu this time on a balloon 

Yea, last couple episodes were very typical, and 840 looks like more of the same.

I'm hoping we'll end the year with the Department store case, but dunno if the anime is going to get there. It would seem like a wasted opportunity if we had to wait until January for the case.

"Episode One" airs on December 9th, but I highly doubt that Crunchyroll will sub it. I'm really looking forward to watching that episode though, even if I have to do it while it's raw.

Also, for some reason, I'm just wanting a DB anime original now. The Kogoro/Ran/Conan AOs haven't been doing much for me lately.