Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

Crunchyroll to simulcast DC

the more i watched the more 824  reminded me of the department store robbery, ep7 which i love. I didnt enjoy this AO. Sure it had a moment or 2 but it didnt work for me

Im looking forward to august since one part AOs are usually bad during the summer.

but for some reason im looking forward to beauty, lies and secrets episode

we need more DB cases where genta wants to eat everything 

4 hours ago, Neo Balthazar said:

the more i watched the more 824  reminded me of the department store robbery, ep7 which i love

Seconded. It felt like a bit of a throwback to those kind of episodes for sure.

I'm never really optimistic about any anime originals, I just hope to be surprised. Next one looks like something more "typical" for the series. 

This one wasn't too bad, but it was really predictable, and there really wasn't any mystery. Not always a bad thing I suppose. It seems like AOs, at least quite a few of them have been aiming more for comedy rather than mystery lately... where as there is just the right balance in the manga. Not like there's a lot of room for 1 parters to really do much though to begin with...

we need more DB cases where genta wants to eat everything 

Hmm, dunno about that, but I'm generally in favor of getting rid of Genta whenever possible :P

At least we'll have the Darkest Nightmare to watch in a couple months, in addition to the Ramen case. I really wonder what the delay is with the Shin/Ran flashback at this point, and find it odd that they are going to be airing a new ending before they animate this case. Maybe the ending animation for SAWAGE LIFE will contain some bits of the flashback case as well (but I sincerely doubt it).

but for some reason im looking forward to beauty, lies and secrets episode

Title sounds interesting? We don't have a preview for that one yet, do we?

11 hours ago, Heliotropic said:

Seconded. It felt like a bit of a throwback to those kind of episodes for sure.

I'm never really optimistic about any anime originals, I just hope to be surprised. Next one looks like something more "typical" for the series. 

This one wasn't too bad, but it was really predictable, and there really wasn't any mystery. Not always a bad thing I suppose. It seems like AOs, at least quite a few of them have been aiming more for comedy rather than mystery lately... where as there is just the right balance in the manga. Not like there's a lot of room for 1 parters to really do much though to begin with...

Hmm, dunno about that, but I'm generally in favor of getting rid of Genta whenever possible :P

At least we'll have the Darkest Nightmare to watch in a couple months, in addition to the Ramen case. I really wonder what the delay is with the Shin/Ran flashback at this point, and find it odd that they are going to be airing a new ending before they animate this case. Maybe the ending animation for SAWAGE LIFE will contain some bits of the flashback case as well (but I sincerely doubt it).

Title sounds interesting? We don't have a preview for that one yet, do we?

they could throw a summer special like they do on occasion with a winter special

as for the last ep of july, im thinking it will be a rich family with a rich B wife who gets killed by a daughter 

nice to have you back, i was thinking this topic would have went cold 

825 is out

so it was pretty steady, didnt bore me but didnt excite me either

the suicide thing was nice, how he left the note and killed those 2 was good

why he didnt say it was suicide was soooooooooooooo stuuuuuuuuuuupiiiiiiiiiid

10 hours ago, Neo Balthazar said:

why he didnt say it was suicide was soooooooooooooo stuuuuuuuuuuupiiiiiiiiiid

I guess logic goes out the window, and the anime team needs to have a reason to build a case :P

Not a bad episode I suppose... pretty decent mystery for a one part AO, but they always have the worst delivery. It's usually far too obvious who the culprit is.

We don't get suicides that often, so agree with you there. Next episode does look a little promising, but not gonna hold my breath.

Switching to day shift has definitely put a hamper on things, but I'll be sure to relay my thoughts when I get home each Wednesday :P

5 hours ago, Neo Balthazar said:

Next episode isnt anything i imagined. Should be...decent

Summer full of AOs is not a good summer

Hopefully it'll pick up. I have a feeling we are getting more AOs than we should be because there are "problems" with animating the Shin/Ran flashback. Already odd that we're getting the Ramen case before it. 

Still, I kinda expected that we'd get the Zombie case around October, and the Department Store Case in December this year in the anime... or at least, that would be the "best" time to air said episodes.

40 minutes ago, Heliotropic said:

Hopefully it'll pick up. I have a feeling we are getting more AOs than we should be because there are "problems" with animating the Shin/Ran flashback. Already odd that we're getting the Ramen case before it. 

Still, I kinda expected that we'd get the Zombie case around October, and the Department Store Case in December this year in the anime... or at least, that would be the "best" time to air said episodes.

i agree that those episodes will air somewhere around that time

i didnt know that the flashback episode has animation "problems" or something , thats odd

they are in the ending but no episode???

will be weird if they make a new ending and that episode  isnt there 

1 minute ago, Neo Balthazar said:

i agree that those episodes will air somewhere around that time

i didnt know that the flashback episode has animation problems, thats odd

they are in the ending but no episode???

will be weird if they make a new ending and that episode  isnt there 

I just assume that it's something to do with the VAs for Eri, Yukiko and Yusaku, since they don't appear all that often, but it definitely should have been animated by now. Though the case is pretty "random", so not like they can't just throw it in anywhere. I did expect it to air while the ending was ongoing, but they are replacing the ending with Episode 827 for some reason.

2 minutes ago, Heliotropic said:

I just assume that it's something to do with the VAs for Eri, Yukiko and Yusaku, since they don't appear all that often, but it definitely should have been animated by now. Though the case is pretty "random", so not like they can't just throw it in anywhere. I did expect it to air while the ending was ongoing, but they are replacing the ending with Episode 827 for some reason.

you are right, those 3 have not appeared in a long time

maybe it is that, or it will air in september 

there goes the marketing for the episode 

826 is out

cant wait to watch it

It was good, i could give it a 7/10. The humor was just the right amount. I wish that the culprit put more thought in his plans. Make conan work for it. Didnt like that he beat her with a phone. And how could you not know your own house, especialy the room you want to kill a man. Still goog tho

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Neo Balthazar said:

826 is out

cant wait to watch it

It was good, i could give it a 7/10. The humor was just the right amount. I wish that the culprit put more thought in his plans. Make conan work for it. Didnt like that he beat her with a phone. And how could you not know your own house, especialy the room you want to kill a man. Still goog tho

Yea, kinda an obvious case since there wasn't really any other way to go with it, but the pacing and presentation was really good for a one part AO. Definitely one of the better mystery cases we've had in awhile, and there really wasn't any gimmicks to try and sell it either.

Definitely looking forward to next week's case!

bfp2xgX.gif

The blood on Takizawa? Barely visible, but yea, red. 

I'm guessing since we got confirmation of The Memories of First Love remaster on the 20th and 27th, it'll probably air after that... maybe. 

18 minutes ago, Heliotropic said:

The blood on Takizawa? Barely visible, but yea, red. 

I'm guessing since we got confirmation of The Memories of First Love remaster on the 20th and 27th, it'll probably air after that... maybe. 

They should make up their minds. If its a big then change it to black if its small make it red. 

Pretty much. But i do love the first love case. Whish that baaro could sub the remastered one

827 is out

time to enjoy one 

Its nice, but too much product placement. It is a worthy sequel

Almost made a fool of my self thinking that the culprit didnt put on gloves and used the hose. I was like take their fingerprints and test them. 

The new ending is nice as well

Pretty faithful adaptation! Though I have to say this one wasn't exactly my favorite case of last year, it's still not really a bad one either.

I'm still a little annoyed from this moment... seeing as how they overtly suggested Shuukichi was an Akai and immediately skirted it (when it would have been an opportune time, if any, to reveal such a detail). Not to mention it wasn't exactly an exciting mystery, or much of a "mystery" in the first place. 

827.gif

Then of course it was revealed in the marriage registration form anyways in the manga, and I wasn't really a fan of this since it's not a direct reveal, so we still have to get to it, and was only really readable after it had been enhanced and zoomed...

Anyways, looking forward to part 2!

828 was a great episode that i enjoyed. Overall the two parter was a nice getaway from the AOs. Its strange that Chukichi hasnt changed clothes since the case started. Too bad takagi had to lift weights in the night. Couldnt there have been a better way to get rid of broken glasess. 

Next episode...seem like the usual

Good episode, and good anime adaptation to boot. Not much to complain about. I'm actually surprised they didn't censor Takagi and Sato's conversation, since they've done it for less in the past. 

Always enjoy the end bits too. Can always hope for the best when it comes to AOs, but probably nothing much for the next couple weeks. Hopefully they get to the flashback case after the remaster. It would make perfect sense for them to do so. Surprised we haven't got an announcement yet.

2016-08-10_22-10-41.gif

30 minutes ago, DCUniverseAficionado said:

Not that strange—it's not like he wore those clothes for a week, straight... 

Im gonna go with that he did

Makes the whole thing more funy

But hey, conan doesnt change that much either right