Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

Crunchyroll to simulcast DC

I will be honest and say that i expected a even worse case in store for us when i saw the first 2-3 min. My god that was horible. I do share the same opinion and the UFO case from 2 years back is...hmmm, idk its just as bad and i will leave them at that. Its great that you got a few smiles out of it cause it did nothing for me in that area. I would rather that they just do more remastered episodeds then this. AOs are hard to, forget about watching cause geting yourself to watch it is hard enough, at least for me.

Thats good, i do like them

I kinda liked 817... It was "different" - but they really showcased how "convenient" the cases can be in this one.

Next week's AO looks like it might be quite fun. Initially I was expecting File 925-927... but I guess the title was alluding to something else entirely (which does make sense)...

The new opening has some of the best visuals we've seen in quite some time, though it's probably not a very good representation of the series itself, and seems to be more or less a representation of Movie 20. I'm not really complaining though, since this beats your typical Conan visuals by a mile, and it's not like openings/endings were consistently a great representation of the series to begin with.

The song is still growing on me. It's a little weak I suppose for an opening song, but I don't mind it. B'z tracks are always iffy with me because of the vocals, so it usually takes me some time to adjust.

• Upvote 1

Seems like DCW isn't flagged as a deceptive site anymore... at least now.

818 was a fun episode, a bit different from the norm. I usually like 2 part AOs, so hopefully the follow up episode doesn't disappoint. The recent Ventriloquist AO was pretty fun, but the second part killed it for me.

I suppose I'm able to look over the fact that it's a Ran kidnapping episode mostly because it's not canon, and normally she'd probably have never been tased in the first place. The damsel in distress moment at the end is definitely insult to injury, but I guess it can't be helped...

Canon returns with Episode 822-823 now (Manga chapter 925-927). A couple more one part AOs are on the way after 819.

It seems like they are doing the Yoko/Higo case ahead of the Shin/Ran flashback for now, which is kinda nice, but doesn't really matter at this point given there's been 6 AOs since the blog case...

• Upvote 1

I think the case was nice

You can follow it easily

And discover thing before conan....whaaaa

Also i noticed on one of the pisters that that girl who was interviewing her at the begining was in it

So there is that

The ventriloquists first part was amazing

Then you get the second part and...yeah, cold

I liked the hiko or yogo ( i crossed them ) case

But it went from awesome to good

And i dont like that

• Upvote 1

It was a pretty enjoyable AO. Though it felt a bit slow for all that happened and the culprit was far too obvious.

I'm gonna have to get used to the new forums. It looks nice, but it seems to lack a lot of the features that we used to have.

It was better then what we had before. 

I just dont get this, the first parts of 2 parters are more interesting then the second parters

For more then 90% of the time

If you cant make them better just make them just as good.

It felt that way to me in this one

I think that, im calling it the New DCW, is having upgrades

I still cant find some things also i miss the wiki :-(

Its rough on my phone

Not the same as when im on my pc

I liked this one. Unfortunately, there just isn't much room to properly flesh out a good mystery/case in one episode, but I thought it had an "entertaining" cast of characters.

The culprit was obvious after his really "forced" reaction, and the voice acting in the end bit by them was pretty cringe-worthy, I actually had to laugh at how bad it was.

821 wasn't too bad, though they really made Kogoro look like an idiot in this one :P

Also two dementia case characters back to back (I mean it wasn't outright stated that the old lady from 820 had dementia, but probably something of the sorts)...

Really looking forward to the next case... YOKO-CHAN! (glad they worked in that bit at the end with Kogoro)

Detective Boys' AO case after Yogo/Higo case.

No gripes about the episode, I may have even enjoyed it more than the manga... music was fitting when it needed to be, and it was plain and simply comedy gold. No problems with the animation either really. 

Glad that canon is back! At least for another week. 

58 minutes ago, DCUniverseAficionado said:

The schedule for July just came out—they're doing the return to the Ramen place case before the Shinichi/Ran flashback case.

not looking forward to july schedule that much 

ramen part 2 was nice

Yoko/Higo case was pretty stellar. Anime did a good job with its adaptation...

Episode 824 is one of those childish cases that can't really represent the series as a whole... but it was quite "fun" I guess. A few comedic bits, and some really far-fetched parts, and I have to say the gimmicks usually either work or they end up destroying the episode for me. I was okay with it this time around...

That Gundam... :D

Pretty sure Gomera would have killed the lady too :P, not even up for debate.