Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

Crunchyroll to simulcast DC

812 is out, now it relesed 1h early

Are you sure that's not because of Daylight's Saving Time  :P - It's still released right at 3PM EST

New episode was good. They blacked out the preview for Episode 813, and I'm assuming because production hasn't started for it. They've never showed the same previews as Japan since they don't air the remasters so I guess it makes sense, but it felt really odd. I thought my video player was messing up.

While this is somewhat unrelated, since Crunchyroll will have nothing to do with it...

I watched the first part of the Black Impact remaster, and it's very lackluster. The image quality is of course, slightly improved but there were quite a few things I disliked about it. They cut out the intro/recap, as well as Chianti and Korn's debut scene (which was exclusive to the anime anyways) - so the first part of the episode doesn't start until 8 minutes later. That's a lot of cut content in the first episode even for a remaster. Though I suppose this so far has been more true to the manga since that scene never did exist.

I imagine they'll have quite a bit of recap in the parts following this, so not really that surprising.

Aspect ratio is essentially 4:3 but that's not really what bothers me. They bordered the rest of the screen with red bricks (just like they've done with some previous remasters) - where it should have been left as black. There is also text on the brick which is clearly promoting Movie 20, so I guess we know the motive behind the remasters if it was ambiguous before  :P 

EEqPuI2.jpg

While this is somewhat unrelated, since Crunchyroll will have nothing to do with it...

I watched the first part of the Black Impact remaster, and it's very lackluster. The image quality is of course, slightly improved but there were quite a few things I disliked about it. They cut out the intro/recap, as well as Chianti and Korn's debut scene (which was exclusive to the anime anyways) - so the first part of the episode doesn't start until 8 minutes later. That's a lot of cut content in the first episode even for a remaster. Though I suppose this so far has been more true to the manga since that scene never did exist.

I imagine they'll have quite a bit of recap in the parts following this, so not really that surprising.

Aspect ratio is essentially 4:3 but that's not really what bothers me. They bordered the rest of the screen with red bricks (just like they've done with some previous remasters) - where it should have been left as black. There is also text on the brick which is clearly promoting Movie 20, so I guess we know the motive behind the remasters if it was ambiguous before  :P 

EEqPuI2.jpg

but 425 is 1:48h long

if there are 4 parts i think there will be little recap if any

i saw the animation and it is good

i have hope that baaro will sub this soon

im not much familiar with manga case other than that intro scene which was out in 

i do think the newer BO cases lack the great music of the old ones 

New episode was good. They blacked out the preview for Episode 813, and I'm assuming because production hasn't started for it. They've never showed the same previews as Japan since they don't air the remasters so I guess it makes sense, but it felt really odd. I thought my video player was messing up.

Or more like they don't yet own the rights for earlier eps (that includes footage of preview & recorded voices).

This year's movie pre-story was as silly as ever. I had a couple good laughs with it, so it wasn't too bad.

Well, now everyone can make Amuro's famous sandwiches  :P

I have to say I enjoyed it much more than 19's. I found the one last year to be really bland, and didn't have any fun with it at all.

I believe CR scrapped some of the promotional bit for M20 and replaced it with the preview for Episode 814. 814's preview was mixed in the ending for the original broadcasting, so I suppose this was to be expected.

Even though it's not canon, I was a bit surprised to see Conan confront Amuro about the BO or him being a public security officer. Well, naturally this is something that wouldn't happen in canon. Characters aren't allowed to share information, after all  :rolleyes:

it would appear so

but bad episodes dont stick inside my head that long

if you asked me about the previous prestory i would say that jirokichi was moving a painting or something than someone stole it or something that way 

and the one before i have no memory of 

I actually enjoyed this one quite a bit, despite it being a pretty mediocre case in the manga and one of my least favorites last year (though I never disliked it).

The added intro scene was kinda funny, though dunno how 2 free passes translates into 6...

I think she's broken... instead of calling an ambulance, maybe the bellhop should call a mechanic...

9GosZUd.jpg

It's been like that for ages.

EP153-154a_Case.jpg

The above episode aired in July 1999.

It's more of a complaint towards how the black blood actually comes across in the newer episodes. 

I think they pretty much stopped using red blood sometime soon after Clash.

Red blood was still quite prominent at this time, and the blood didn't even look nearly as bad... Can blame the art-style and animation though... The anime was at its best in the late 90s early 2000s.

815 is out

man, 815 episodes 

thats a lot 

the animation was bad

at times they forgot their eyebrows

and the next episode isnt even trying to be good

its title says it all on what it will be like ...disappointing 

I noticed some of that. Agasa in the background really stuck out.

Still, I did enjoy the case despite it being quite "mediocre" in terms of manga cases. The cliffhanger was done quite well I think.

The next episode will probably be awful, but I don't really want to judge it before I see it. Needless to say, I'm not looking forward to it.

I like how they switched up the dialogue at the end of the case in comparison to the manga.

I probably glossed over it in the manga, but I never noticed Takagi was told by Kuroda to follow through with Conan's instructions. I don't know how I missed that.

The end was great

Im liking kuroda more and more

His Voice is amazing to me right now

The case did not bore me, but it didnt excite me either

I dont like to judge beffore an episode comes out

But the preview sucked

The last ufo case was bad and this one will to put you in a coma

The Disappointing and Kind Alien was... disappointing. You were right about that one..

They haven't abandoned the silly concepts yet... so I did think this one could have gone either way. I'll give it props for getting a couple quick chuckles out of me, but the mystery/case, despite being well delivered, was pretty uninteresting and simple. You can't really expect much from 1 part AOs though...

I can't ascertain whether or not it was better or worse than the UFO AO we got a couple years ago, but it was pretty mediocre even for a DB's filler. Maybe the next one will be better, but it's looking like another run of the mill AO.

B'z movie theme will apparently debut with Episode 817, so looking forward to the opening if anything...