Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

Crunchyroll to simulcast DC

It's strange—considering the fact they just aired two one-hour specials—that they didn't just split it up into two, or not at all.

Well, I guess they just wanted to fill the time in the anime while at the some time generating some interest for the movie at the same time. And by splitting Black Impact into 4 parts, the schedule of the anime fits perfectly into the movie release.

Well, I guess they just wanted to fill the time in the anime while at the some time generating some interest for the movie at the same time. And by splitting Black Impact into 4 parts, the schedule of the anime fits perfectly into the movie release.

Considering that the AO movie tie-in will air on the very day the movie is released, I'd agree that Black Impact was split up for such a reason.

Does anyone know if there's a cut-off for remasters? I ask because Episodes 537 and 538 (released in June, 2009) were remastered in April 2015. This also means that the Clash of Red and Black episodes (491-504) are within the remaster range, so to speak.

809 is out and i have to say that the only complain i have is the edited ending

to me it seems that they split black impact into 4 is cause they wanted a longer break

Yea, I'm not really sure why they changed that, it was much funnier in the manga. Maybe it was too much work for Agasa's VA to come in and do a line  :P

I have no large complaints about how the anime adapted this episode, though I still wonder how they'll handle the upcoming scenes.

I'm not too happy about them cutting the scene with Heiji, Kazuha, and Yamamura at the beginning, but given they did something similar at the end of the Kamaitachi case, I'm really not too surprised.

I suppose the transition might look a bit more awkward had they included that scene there and then skipped right to shadow-man, but I can't really find any justification for doing it.

I expected the anime to censor this one pretty bad though, and I mean, there definitely is some censorship... but it was still much more "graphic" than I expected it to be.

The atmosphere in the ending scene was done really quite well.

Kuroda looked much more threatening in the manga, and while I do like his voice, I definitely don't have the same impression I got when reading the manga. His right eye being shaded looks silly though. That works in the manga, but it just looks weird in the anime. Can't say I was expecting them to do anything different since it is TMS, and not A-1 (which did show Goudzou's prosthetic).

As far as the anime is concerned, this case will probably be my favorite this year, since it was my favorite in the manga last year...

• Upvote 1

Next time the picture will go black. Or maybe the dead folks will be dark in the near future

I guess we have to suck it up. But we wont stop making fun of it

There is a wilde chance that this year a great AO episode comes out, you never know

810 was really an excellent episode. And not that much censorship compared to what I initially expected. Highlights included the first scene of the episode as well as the strangling scene, basically all the scenes involving murder.  :P 

Just a bit annoyed that they took out a funny scene once again probably to save on voice-acting.

By the way, is it me or has the quality of CR's subs declined ? I was sometimes bothered by their timing or the way they split the sentences, not to mention a few typos here and there as well as odd phrasing.

@Heliotropic : It's not his eye that's shaded, it's the right glass of his glasses, both in the manga and in the anime. Perhaps will it look different when we see him without his glasses, if we ever do. For now I prefer that the anime stick closer to what the manga did, which is what they did here.

By the way, is it me or has the quality of CR's subs declined ? I was sometimes bothered by their timing or the way they split the sentences, not to mention a few typos here and there as well as odd phrasing.

@Heliotropic : It's not his eye that's shaded, it's the right glass of his glasses, both in the manga and in the anime. Perhaps will it look different when we see him without his glasses, if we ever do. 

I don't think they've really declined. They've always been a bit "spotty" I guess, but when it comes down to it, I suppose every translator has their own way of wording things... Never too bothered by the timing/subs themselves. Maybe I'm not remembering things correctly, but sometimes it seems like they want to use honorifics and then others they just ditch them entirely?

Ahh yes, my mistake. I should have said glasses  :P

I'm not too happy about them cutting the scene with Heiji, Kazuha, and Yamamura at the beginning, but given they did something similar at the end of the Kamaitachi case, I'm really not too surprised.

I suppose the transition might look a bit more awkward had they included that scene there and then skipped right to shadow-man, but I can't really find any justification for doing it.

Why would they have to transition from the Heiji Kazuha scene to the shadow-man? In the manga, the shadow-man appears before the Heiji Kazuha scene too, which means they would've simply had to add the Heiji Kazuha scene straight after the opening, but instead, that one page is skipped and they go from the opening straight to Kogoro taking Ran and Conan to Kawanakajima. I guess they didn't want to pay Yamamura's VA for just that one little scene (probably same thing for the cut Agasa line in 809).

Why would they have to transition from the Heiji Kazuha scene to the shadow-man? In the manga, the shadow-man appears before the Heiji Kazuha scene too, which means they would've simply had to add the Heiji Kazuha scene straight after the opening, but instead, that one page is skipped and they go from the opening straight to Kogoro taking Ran and Conan to Kawanakajima. I guess they didn't want to pay Yamamura's VA for just that one little scene (probably same thing for the cut Agasa line in 809).

Oops, guess I got things mixed up, don't even know what I was on about, as I just read through the case again last week  :P  

Kuroda looked much more threatening in the manga, and while I do like his voice, I definitely don't have the same impression I got when reading the manga.

Agreed, I also thought his appearance was a bit weird too, his skin seems a bit darker than in the manga too.

Speaking of one-liners, in the Nocturne Case they kept Vermouth's one line in the conclusion episode so when they really have to open up the wallet even for a single line they do so. -_-

That was in 2012. This cutting of short scenes seems to be a 2016 thing (or maybe just for these two cases).

That was in 2012. This cutting of short scenes seems to be a 2016 thing (or maybe just for these two cases).

i have been noticing that as well

even if they dont want to pay the VA, DC has more money now than ever and is more popular also

if they didnt have a problem in the past why start editing now 

the second way to look at it is that if its not relevant to anything, they will just leave it out...cause, why pay it than

also  i rewatched the episode and noticed that the animation was horrible a few times, the characters i mean

also  i rewatched the episode and noticed that the animation was horrible a few times, the characters i mean

Aside from the close-up frames, the background animation was definitely a bit odd. Though I can't say I noticed until I did a direct comparison to the manga.

i did not have a problem with the background, to me it looked ok

The scenery looked great, but most of the background character animation looked a bit odd to me, but this is usually always the case to some extent. Close-ups were quite good though imo.

The scenery looked great, but most of the background character animation looked a bit odd to me, but this is usually always the case to some extent. Close-ups were quite good though imo.

i agree with that

i did not understand what you meant the first time 

I thought the facial details were worse this time around, otherwise it was about the same really. Nothing to really complain over, but there were a couple odd moments.

I agree. I wasn't expecting them to show it like they did in the manga, there was no way they'd do that. It came across rather well though.

The case so far has had really good pacing. Unfortunately we're gonna have a break for a month after next week because of the remastered case, but at least this means we won't have to sift through too many AOs after episode 813, or at least that's what I'm hoping.