Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

Crunchyroll to simulcast DC

Episode 797 is a weird one... though that's definitely due to the female "detective", Funachi.

I didn't find this episode particularly humorous, or good, though it was certainly different...

Still plenty of AOs to come! No subbed episode next week!

797 is out, soooooooo maaaaaaaany AOsssssss

kinda wanted someone to sub the remastered two mix episode by this time

also i really like the move to remastered ep 17...it is a nice one from way back

Definitely wouldn't mind to see that remaster subbed! Maybe someone will get around to it eventually...

Yeah, that episodes really stands and falls with whether or not you think that Funachi is more funny or more annoying. I'm somewhere in the middle, she neither really annoyed me or made me laugh, but at least it was interesting. Liked it more than 796, that one was more standard stuff, which I find boring in one part AO's.

I wonder how many more AOs we'll be getting. Apparently we're getting a "special" on January 9th/16th. I'm not entirely sure if it's going to be a 2 hour special, aired in two parts, or if it's basically just a two-part anime original featuring a famous actor (Ichikawa Ebizo). I'm going with the latter. 

nJatfC7.jpg
l5cZwDf.jpg[/spoi

We still have this year's Mystery Tour, so I really do wonder when we'll be seeing the Kamaitachi/Kawanakajima. I was assuming they'd be aired back to back, but it seems that it might be delayed until late January at this point. If that's the case, this by far breaks the record back in 2000 of 9 AOs in a row. Of course, I don't think it's confirmed yet if Nov 28 will be the start of the Kamaitachi case or another AO. Let's hope I guess!

I wonder how many more AOs we'll be getting. Apparently we're getting a "special" on January 9th/16th. I'm not entirely sure if it's going to be a 2 hour special, aired in two parts, or if it's basically just a two-part anime original featuring a famous actor (Ichikawa Ebizo). I'm going with the latter. 

nJatfC7.jpg
l5cZwDf.jpg[/spoi

We still have this year's Mystery Tour, so I really do wonder when we'll be seeing the Kamaitachi/Kawanakajima. I was assuming they'd be aired back to back, but it seems that it might be delayed until late January at this point. If that's the case, this by far breaks the record back in 2000 of 9 AOs in a row. Of course, I don't think it's confirmed yet if Nov 28 will be the start of the Kamaitachi case or another AO. Let's hope I guess!

im giving them the benefit of the doubt sine i loved the last special they aired

really disappointed that the kamaitachi wont be airing

the AOs are becoming dumB

even I come up with some kind of a solution with 10% of my brain when watching them

NEEDS KAMAITACHI 

798 pretty average all the way around. Had a couple funny moments, and man, that opening scene was completely over the top...

So many more AOs to go  :wacko: - Hope there are some decent ones, but I have pretty low expectations for the Mystery Tour.

The special in early January is going to be 2 1 hour specials as well, so it's nice that it's not your typical 2 part AO advertised as a special. Unfortunately, I have my doubts that Crunchyroll will sub it.

799 was pretty bad imo. There wasn't anything particularly interesting about the episode, and the entire case was just disappointing and ridiculous. It wasn't a fun episode, that's for sure. I didn't like 798 very much, but it at least had a couple enjoyable moments. 

800 looks like a step in the right direction.

Also from the looks of the preview, they are using the disguise of the Delivery company featured in 722-723?

We'll be getting a new ending, which should air on the 9th with the AO special. It is yet another La PomPon song. This time they'll be covering ZARD's Unmei no Roulette Mawashite. I'm not thrilled at all about La PomPon doing another cover, but It's nice that we'll be replacing the current one. It's the longest running ending to date, and by quite a significant amount.

It does seem like the specials are simply 1 hour AO episodes (805+ ish?), so Crunchyroll should sub them.

The good parts, to me were, when they were thinking how he was killed...10 RCHs, lol

And that the gecko was always a darkened figure...i guess they run out of ideas on how to draw a culprit but not how to make a lame episode.

Im not so sure about 800th episode, could be just your usual boring ransom case, btw the wife did it.

I dint mind PomPon, the are doing ok for me

It would seem that we will get these kind of specials every year from now on

The good parts, to me were, when they were thinking how he was killed...10 RCHs, lol

And that the gecko was always a darkened figure...i guess they run out of ideas on how to draw a culprit but not how to make a lame episode.

Im not so sure about 800th episode, could be just your usual boring ransom case, btw the wife did it.

I dint mind PomPon, the are doing ok for me

It would seem that we will get these kind of specials every year from now on

Aye, that was certainly the "interesting" bit about the episode. I'm not sure what it says about the episode that one of Genta's crack deductions almost got it spot on.

I don't dislike LaPomPon. I think their rendition of Nazo was fine, and overall I really liked the opening, but two LaPomPon covers back to back? It'd be nice to have a bit of variety. They could have got someone else to do it. I mean, do they have any original material  :lol:

Aye, that was certainly the "interesting" bit about the episode. I'm not sure what it says about the episode that one of Genta's crack deductions almost got it spot on.

I don't dislike LaPomPon. I think their rendition of Nazo was fine, and overall I really liked the opening, but two LaPomPon covers back to back? It'd be nice to have a bit of variety. They could have got someone else to do it. I mean, do they have any original material  :lol:

As soon as he said it, it hit me.

I would rather have breaks then this much bad AOs

Cant wait for a certain episode

You know who i miss, DEEN

i like their music and thought their song for ending 4 was great

Has anyone else done an op or end 2 times on a row

You know who i miss, DEEN

i like their music and thought their song for ending 4 was great

Has anyone else done an op or end 2 times on a row

DEEN had a good ending!  :D

Mai Kuraki has had both an ending and an opening running at the same time (Summer Time Gone and Tomorrow is the Last Time, as well as Try Again and Koi no Koishite) Mai Kuraki, ZARD, and Miho Komatsu have all had back to back openings or endings too. I'm sure there might be some more, but I can't really be bothered to go back and check  :P

DEEN had a good ending!  :D

Mai Kuraki has had both an ending and an opening running at the same time (Summer Time Gone and Tomorrow is the Last Time, as well as Try Again and Koi no Koishite) Mai Kuraki, ZARD, and Miho Komatsu have all had back to back openings or endings too. I'm sure there might be some more, but I can't really be bothered to go back and check  :P

And only 1, should have hade more

Now that you mentioned it, i think i rememmber

Mai is great too, my fave song of her is love for you

And only 1, should have hade more

Now that you mentioned it, i think i rememmber

Mai is great too, my fave song of her is love for you

She has quite a few good openings. I like Winter Bells and Revive. I'd like to see TWO-MIX go at it again. Favorite opening by far is Truth!

It looks like we're in for a couple more anime originals.

Episode 800, 801, 802, 803, supposedly a break of sorts on Dec 19th, and 26th, probably another AO on Jan 2nd if there is no break, and then the AO special on Jan 9th/16th. So I guess canon will probably return on January 23rd. So 12 confirmed anime originals in a row? Maybe 13, 14 if you count the remaster.

A bit disappointing to deal with this many anime original episodes. We've beat the old record from back in 2000 from episode 179-187 with 803 alone. I suppose this is to be expected since the anime was getting so close to the manga. I guess that's simply not allowed  :P

She has quite a few good openings. I like Winter Bells and Revive. I'd like to see TWO-MIX go at it again. Favorite opening by far is Truth!

It looks like we're in for a couple more anime originals.

Episode 800, 801, 802, 803, supposedly a break of sorts on Dec 19th, and 26th, probably another AO on Jan 2nd if there is no break, and then the AO special on Jan 9th/16th. So I guess canon will probably return on January 23rd.

A bit disappointing to deal with this many anime original episodes. We've beat the old record from back in 2000 from episode 179-187 with 803 alone. I suppose this is to be expected since the anime was getting so close to the manga. I guess that's simply not allowed  :P

For sure, she is great at what she does.

I have a hunch that she will do the end song...just a feeling.

I dont mind those old AOs, i would go back and watch them if i had some time.

Those atleast had complex mystery solving things compared to these ones i figure out with no paying attention to.

I dont mind those old AOs, i would go back and watch them if i had some time.

Those atleast had complex mystery solving things compared to these ones i figure out with no paying attention to.

I like most old AOs, up till probably 400s or early 500s, but dealing with a mountain of them these days... Well, you might get one good one every 5 or so  :P

Towards the beginning many of the AO episodes were just as good as some of the manga cases, some undoubtedly better.

I'm okay with them though, since really I just view them as something extra every week since I follow the manga, but it's disappointing to go through this many in a row and know that quite a few of them are going to be crap. On the other hand, it'll be nice since they are almost certainly going to play Kamaitachi and Kawanakajima back to back now.

I like most old AOs, up till probably 400s or early 500s, but dealing with a mountain of them these days... Well, you might get one good one every 5 or so  :P

Towards the beginning many of the AO episodes were just as good as some of the manga cases, some undoubtedly better.

I'm okay with them though, since really I just view them as something extra every week since I follow the manga, but it's disappointing to go through this many in a row and know that quite a few of them are going to be crap. On the other hand, it'll be nice since they are almost certainly going to play Kamaitachi and Kawanakajima back to back now.

I think the same way, some were on par with the mang and some were better

But for me the decline started somewhere after the head to head match

That lucky guy suspense was to die for...how bad it was

I do like the syncro case and the kogoro gets drunk case

But stradivarius, to me, takes the top spon in the best of the 300s that were there...and there are some really great ones there

After those even gosho had a decline to me, but the AOs were nothing like before

Not many give the episode the wings of icarus credit on how creativ it was

Compared to today we get.

Its better to have a one month break then this boring drag of nothing

Remember those awesome AO snow cases, no more

I dont know if they lost creativity or are lazy or think that by now they will watch anything we put out

Kamaitaichi and kawanakajima, if aired right then with no cuts in between, will be the most cool 2 months since red and black clash

Kamaitaichi and kawanakajima, if aired right then with no cuts in between, will be the most cool 2 months since red and black clash

Yep! Really looking forward to the Kawanakajima case since it's really the first time we've had something so "brutal" in a long time, and I'm always for more Nagano prefecture.

The peak of Conan in general was probably 345. You're absolutely right in that they can't compare to the old ones, at least most of them..., though I did like a good portion of the AOs in the 400s. Animation style was also much better back then imo.

It wouldn't be surprising if they are milking it (you could easily say they are doing that now regardless of the crappy AOs), but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. After 800 episodes in, it must be hard to put together a "unique" and interesting case. These days I don't look for mystery in an AO, just something that can keep my attention. Even if the mystery is crappy, if it has something else to fall back on I can enjoy them.

Yep! Really looking forward to the Kawanakajima case since it's really the first time we've had something so "brutal" in a long time, and I'm always for more Nagano prefecture.

The peak of Conan in general was probably 345. You're absolutely right in that they can't compare to the old ones, at least most of them..., though I did like a good portion of the AOs in the 400s. Animation style was also much better back then imo.

It wouldn't be surprising if they are milking it (you could easily say they are doing that now regardless of the crappy AOs), but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. After 800 episodes in, it must be hard to put together a "unique" and interesting case. These days I don't look for mystery in an AO, just something that can keep my attention. Even if the mystery is crappy, if it has something else to fall back on I can enjoy them.

Nagano has never failed us...well i was not a fan of the red woman case, but they made up for it later on

Im sure if i were on my comp and not on my phone i would find some episodes that are AOs and i like in the 400s

As for the animation, yes yes yes. Im rather old school then new.

Im sure at this point that they are milking it

Why else would you put out so many bad ones who are so similar then just a few good ones.

I get what you mean by mystery does not have to be the focus ot the episode.

Conan and heijis las east vs west was so great in humor

Which ones deduction show

Kogoro has a few funny ones as well

Nothing wrong with new, but sometimes you take it outside the comfort zone.

I did like it more back the then today

• Upvote 1