Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

Crunchyroll to simulcast DC

I wonder if that means DC is becoming more popular on CC?

It's not very popular on Crunchyroll at all.  Each episode only garners a little over 20 comments, while even the least popular currently airing shows on CR like Gakkou Gurashi (School-Live!) and Working!!! (Wagnaria!!) have top comments with at least 100 upvotes.  Not sure why they're moving the subs up a few days, since I doubt many people are getting Premium accounts as a result of DC.

It's not very popular on Crunchyroll at all.  Each episode only garners a little over 20 comments, while even the least popular currently airing shows on CR like Gakkou Gurashi (School-Live!) and Working!!! (Wagnaria!!) have top comments with at least 100 upvotes.  Not sure why they're moving the subs up a few days, since I doubt many people are getting Premium accounts as a result of DC.

but there are a lot of downloads on one episode

im dont know much about this

but i kinda side with check here

with respest that is

but there are a lot of downloads on one episode

im dont know much about this

but i kinda side with check here

with respest that is

I stalk the anime subreddit and sites like MyAnimeList and Anime News Network daily.  Trust me, there is very little demand for DC in the west.

Even if popularity "doubles" between week one to, say, week ten, that's still a fraction of what most other shows can reap after a single episode.

No one wants to start a series like DC nowadays.  Just stick with one to two cour anime and you'll feel a lot more accomplished.

I stalk the anime subreddit and sites like MyAnimeList and Anime News Network daily.  Trust me, there is very little demand for DC in the west.

Even if popularity "doubles" between week one to, say, week ten, that's still a fraction of what most other shows can reap after a single episode.

No one wants to start a series like DC nowadays.  Just stick with one to two cour anime and you'll feel a lot more accomplished.

The sad reality really. It doesn't help that Crunchyroll picked up the series as of 754, and that's pretty unfriendly to newcomers. Maybe if CR had the backlog more people would be willing to start the series, but there's nothing really justifying that CR should even delve into the past the episodes.

It's great that CR did pick up DC at all though, hopefully it stays.

Doubt it, but it might help if they also tagged it as Detective Conan, but I'm not sure if there would be certain legalities involved using a simple tag

I stalk the anime subreddit and sites like MyAnimeList and Anime News Network daily.  Trust me, there is very little demand for DC in the west.  anglophone countries

Conan is very well known in Italy and Germany, still fairly remembered in France and Spain. I think that counts as 'the West' too.

Just an interesting post on reddit I stumbled upon once :

I taught English to migrant adults when I was a lot younger. One game we used to play was "celebrity head". You face the class with your back to the blackboard, and have the picture of a famous person stuck above your head, above the blackboard where you can't see it. You have to ask questions of the class to ascertain who it is. "Male or female?" "Alive or dead?"

I had to prepare all the pictures beforehand of course, and it was sometimes quite tricky. People come from a wide range of backgrounds, and unless everyone knows who the celebrity head is, the game falls flat on its face. You put up a picture of someone on the board, the person who is playing the game looks eagerly out at their fellow students expecting uncontrolled giggling but all they get is blank looks. Punchline fail. If only a minority of students know who it is it's no fun either, because they are the only people able to answer the player's questions, everyone else gets bored.

Anyone musical wouldn't work, because popular music is very language-specific, with a few exceptions. Michael Jackson comes to mind. The Beatles didn't work, too many people hadn't heard of them, which I was surprised by. Mickey Mouse usually worked, but Saudi students didn't know them. Presidents of the USA usually worked, but anyone before Clinton was 50/50; if people were alive during the presidency, they knew him, but not if he wasn't. Another was Osama bin Laden, everyone recognized him immediately with the beard and the turban, of course I couldn't use him when there were any Saudis in the class.

So anyway, how is this relevant. I can't remember why I ended up using Conan, but once I put him up on the board. And there was this flicker of recognition across the entire class. This doesn't happen very often. Usually only US presidents get that kind of recognition from people from that many different cultures. I mean I had to explain who Mickey effing Mouse was to this Saudi guy, but this same guy looks at Conan and is like "Ah yes, he is solving the crimes, he is high school student but is small boy body, he very popular in Riyadh." Thais, Vietnamese, Japanese, Europeans, South Americans they all knew who he was immediately.

Obviously I've heard of him, and if you're subscribed to /r/manga you probably have, but he hasn't got much of a profile in the Anglophone world, does he. Have they even done the anime in ENglish?

tl;dr everyone in the world has heard of Conan.

http://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/2x04yp/detective_conan_around_the_world/cow82s2

Conan is very well known in Italy and Germany, still fairly remembered in France and Spain. I think that counts as 'the West' too.

Fair enough of a correction there, though that doesn't change the fact that Case Closed is relatively unheard of in America and therefore its popularity is most likely not the cause of its stream date change on the American-based Crunchyroll.  If anything CR might have just hired a few more translators and typesetters.

Oh man, if Taikou Meijin is out, I need to watch that episode. It has one of the Rum suspects I am concerned about in it. I wanna see if his eyes are normal while animated. Ever since the animators got that silly rival of Kid's fake eye right, that means to me Gosho is probably giving them heads up on eyes.

785 was pretty good, although it's still hard to follow since I know nothing of Shogi. Not nearly as confusing as Heiji's Code of Love though. I got lost in that one quite a few times.

785 was pretty good, although it's still hard to follow since I know nothing of Shogi. Not nearly as confusing as Heiji's Code of Love though. I got lost in that one quite a few times.

i feel ya

its always the same to me when it comes to cases like that, they instantly take me out

i thought that the manga chapters had a 1 file too many

so a 2 part episode is nicely done

but it has its nice moments 

• Upvote 2

i feel ya

its always the same to me when it comes to cases like that, they instantly take me out

i thought that the manga chapters had a 1 file too many

so a 2 part episode is nicely done

but it has its nice moments 

Yeah I feel the same way but I still try to understand what they mean as much as I can, and yes it's good that they made it 2 episodes, that makes the pace much faster.

786 is out

im counting on this one to be a pleasant one to watch 

Well, it's always pleasant to have a romance story that doesn't last for eons  :P

Both parts were good though. Liked the animation!

787 is out

i was 50:50 on the chapter, maybe the anime will turn me around

One of the more enjoyable cases imo

Not entirely pleased with the animation itself though. It could easily have been quite a bit better.

also i saw in the preview that they dre sera some boobs...whats dat about 

Well, she did say they were due to pop out any day now, right?  :P

One of the more enjoyable cases imo

Not entirely pleased with the animation itself though. It could easily have been quite a bit better.

Well, she did say they were due to pop out any day now, right?  :P

nice one, lol

maybe i was in a bad mood that day when i was reading it, it can cause a takeaway of points 

788 is out

So whatcha think of it

I always thought the science aspect of the case was particularly neat, so in that regard, I enjoyed it.

Despite the case being "old", it's still such a damn tease  :D