Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

Crunchyroll to simulcast DC

Phew, as Baltha said, you're strong.  I've watched entire series's four times over before, but that's only because I liked and was invested enough in an anime to care if I had missed something the first, second, or even third times.  For bad anime, I can barely bring myself to finish it the first time I see it.

Well, I'm really not big on anime in general. Detective Conan is really the only one I follow, so I suppose it's not really too big of a deal to make time for it. I didn't really consider 778 to be "bad", not on the same level as 777 anyways, just a bit formulaic. I might get a different impression from sitting down and watching it again tonight (but I doubt it).

Yep.. I usually revisit an episode at least twice. Dunno my reasoning for it, just in case I miss something the first time around I guess.

Phew, as Baltha said, you're strong.  I've watched entire series's four times over before, but that's only because I liked and was invested enough in an anime to care if I had missed something the first, second, or even third times.  For bad anime, I can barely bring myself to finish it the first time I see it.

i can understand if you watched the the older ones, somewhere after the clash series, more the 3 times

but these new ones are unnecessary to watch more then once

and the AOs, granted there have been 3-4 good ones, but the silver detectives...to watch more then 2 times...no 

i can understand if you watched the the older ones, somewhere after the clash series, more the 3 times

but these new ones are unnecessary to watch more then once

and the AOs, granted there have been 3-4 good ones, but the silver detectives...to watch more then 2 times...no 

I didn't watch 777 more than once, and most AOs, never more than twice, not recent ones anyways. In 777's case, it was just a bad episode and there really wasn't anything to miss. The only "interesting" tid-bit in 777 was the way they compared themselves to the DB, and really that's just grasping at straws.

778 went by a little fast to me, and I thought the evidence in question seemed relatively weak. I felt it deserved a re-watch. It's definitely not necessary by any means. I tend to look over silly things, and more than not, I don't catch everything on the first time through.

I didn't watch 777 more than once, and most AOs, never more than twice, not recent ones anyways. In 777's case, it was just a bad episode and there really wasn't anything to miss. The only "interesting" tid-bit in 777 was the way they compared themselves to the DB, and really that's just grasping at straws.

778 went by a little fast to me, and I thought the evidence in question seemed relatively weak. I felt it deserved a re-watch. It's definitely not necessary by any means. I tend to look over silly things, and more than not, I don't catch everything on the first time through.

i can respect this

but in order for me to re-watch an episode, it has to be darn good 

the long awaited scarlet series

779 is out  

I liked the episode, but the animation seemed really weak to me. I think it was mainly the way Jodie was drawn, but Camel seemed off too. I really hope they do a better job with the next episode.

I liked the episode, but the animation seemed really weak to me. I think it was mainly the way Jodie was drawn, but Camel seemed off too. I really hope they do a better job with the next episode.

i will wait until all of them come out

then ill watch them

i did not like the most of the manga version

the anime will be even more bad 

780 is out

lets end this disappointment quickly  

I personally enjoyed most of the Scarlet arc, and I was looking forward to the anime adaptation of it, but am a bit disappointed with the lackluster animation. The facial details are really poor, and even more noticeable than the previous episode.

Here's a couple quick screencaps:

http://i.imgur.com/dMzZhW2.png

http://i.imgur.com/IrOKvfN.png

http://i.imgur.com/YIxMfnv.png

http://i.imgur.com/otQFeTU.png

http://i.imgur.com/Hpae3At.png

http://i.imgur.com/qfZk0Z9.png

I think it's mostly Jodie still, and I'm sure there are plenty more throughout the episode. The nose shadows in particular just seem really off, and some of Jodie's background moments are just cringe-worthy. If animation is poor in other episodes, I certainly didn't notice it as much as I have these last two.

All that being said, the close-ups were, for the most part, alright.

Maybe I'm being a little over-dramatic, but I think at least as far as the animation is concerned, all plot aside, it sucked.

• Upvote 1

Thought the animation was significantly better in this one, although there were still a couple iffy moments, and the noses are still weird at some points. Nothing as major as last episode though. Found it to be fairly enjoyable overall.

Some things I noticed, or a couple general thoughts on the episode: They seem to focus on the backseat, in which someone is obviously hiding under a black sheet. I'd say it would really pull away from the episode, if it wasn't obvious enough that Akai had already faked his death a long time prior to the Scarlet series. The explosion looks rather... odd, compared to how it was animated in Clash. I think they did a good job of capturing Conan's facial expression too, and really enjoyed that scene.

Noticed that Jodie (as Vermouth) also has a slightly different eye color than the real Jodie, or rather her eyes change color from blue to teal once she moves from outside into the hospital with Camel.

finally

this one is my fave cause it marks the return of akai

Agree with you, Although I think 783 has its moments as well.

Their reactions at the end of the episode were priceless. Thought the animation was done pretty well throughout the car chase, which is good, considering it's probably the best scene throughout the entire arc.

• Upvote 1

Agree with you, Although I think 783 has its moments as well.

Their reactions at the end of the episode were priceless. Thought the animation was done pretty well throughout the car chase, which is good, considering it's probably the best scene throughout the entire arc.

i hate that the blood is now dark

and any violent scenes will be edited by the anime team in the upcoming episodes 

• Upvote 1

i hate that the blood is now dark

and any violent scenes will be edited by the anime team in the upcoming episodes 

Probably. I'm curious to see how they will censor (If they censor) the Kawakanajima case, considering it's the first decapitation since I think Bandaged Man Murder Case.