Detective Conan World
Peregrinus the Nihilist

Will You Watch the Entire DC Anime Series Again?

Will You Watch the Entire DC Anime Series Again?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Will You Watch the Entire DC Anime Series Again?

• Indubitably--as a matter of fact I'm going to buy all of the DVDs!
    • Yes, absolutely--DC for life! I'm going to watch *every single episode* a second time, a third time, a fourth time...
    • Yes, but only one more time.
    • Only if I get paid for it.
    • No, just some select episodes.
    • Nope, but maybe I'll reread the manga.
    • No way, once is enough for a lifetime. I'll be done with this series for good.
    • It's out of the question--I've already given up on this series.
    • Depends on how it ends.
    • Depends on how long it turns out to be.
    • I'm not sure/I have no idea--only time will tell.
    • Other

how much would you pay, cause i could use the cash

Haha, then you'll use them up buying glasses for your now-dead eyes. :P

(Seriously, that's my biggest problem; my eyes are already bad, and I'm doing everything I can to NOT get glasses...)

No way, it'll take me a lot of time to re-watch every single episode even without counting the fillers, however, I would absolutely watch some episodes many times, specially those with plot development that revolves around the BO.

I'd like to be able to watch the entire series with my special someone in the future.  I find the entire series to be enjoyable (though I could probably do with fewer of the detective boys).  So... Indubitably!

I haven't even watched the early cases (the early eps) :)) I think I started to watched continuously at about eps 630s onward. Before that I only watched some of the eps based on the cases.

I was actually just sitting here thinking "wow, I don't really remember the older episodes clearly anymore" and that is because I started re-watching the series in 2010 or 2011 and got through up to episode 490. After that I took a few years as a break because I seriously burnt myself out with how quickly I watched all those episodes. After that I resumed the series at 490 this past August and was able to catch back up as of mid November taking it a little slower but not by too much. Now I'm all caught up and considering re-watching the series to kill a bit of time and reacquire a few new episodes to catch back up on rather than impatiently waiting for the weekly episodes. Still under debate though as about a week or two ago I finished re-watching all 19 movies. xD

Aaah~ This is so hard~ DC is undoubtedly my favorite anime of all time, but I have such a good memory that I remember the ending of each episode less than a quarter of the way through. So that makes it impossible, I get bored easily and need a constant flow of new information to function. I have attempted to rewatch the entire series multiple times but always stop because it's not fun knowing the endings!~ Even when I only watch the non-filler episodes or the episodes I remember enjoying. Sigh~~~ My only choice is to wait a couple years before everything comfortably fuzzes in my memories before rewatching.

I thought it would be hard rewatching DC when I did it a couple a months ago, but it turned out pretty good. But I agree the hard part is when you remember the endings (especially the 1-2 hour specials.) What gets me to watch older episodes is the style compared to now. 

I thought it would be hard rewatching DC when I did it a couple a months ago, but it turned out pretty good. But I agree the hard part is when you remember the endings (especially the 1-2 hour specials.) What gets me to watch older episodes is the style compared to now.

Right on

I also started, on occasion, rewatching DC when i have time. But i skip out on the ones that are bad     

no one wants a detective boys blue bird case a second time 

Right on

I also started, on occasion, rewatching DC when i have time. But i skip out on the ones that are bad     

no one wants a detective boys blue bird case a second time 

Haha, true. Tbh, I like hearing the music in the older episodes too. Doesn't have that flare anymore. That sax >>>>>

I want to watch through the series in its entirety at least one more time, possibly more, after its completed. However, it's difficult since a large chunk of the series has no official release in the U.S., which limits me to watching fansubs for most of it.  I can ever get the funding to start up my company, I actually endeavor to buy the rights from Funimation and give the entire series a good translation, including a proper dubbed version, under its real title (after all, if the translated versions of the Lupin III vs. Detective Conan special and movie can use "Detective Conan" in the title, so could the series itself). As for the manga, I am also relegated to fan translations, as I won't read it with the awful English names.

How about a remake of all DC Episodes in 4K (or 8K, probably ;)) for the coming generation? I'd love to make one when I'm older and (maybe) when I have enough experience in animation. I'd love to make this a personal project, if I have time.