Detective Conan World
Mugiwara Derp

Magic Kaito anime question

Hey,

I've just watched the Magic Kaito anime (12 episodes).

Since it's been in 2012 for the last episode to air, will it not continue? I'm very curious to know what this organisation is etc.

The ending just seemed so sudden and a lot is left unanswered.

I've read some forums & apperently Magic Kaito was just a character from Detective Conan (I've never seen this anime)?

Also Magic Kaito 1412 is just a remake of the anime, not following up the last episode?

So my question is, (I do not read manga, only anime)

what do I have to watch to see an end to Magic Kaito? Or is there just none?..

If your answer is to watch Detective Conan, it's been airing since 1996, how is the quality in the beginning? Is it worth it to keep watching? Or can I just start at the moment Kaito is introduced?

Also how much do we get to see Magic Kaito in this anime, or is it just a small part of the whole story about him?

Sorry for my questions, but I really don't know much about Detective Conan at all :(

Cheers for reading & hopefully I'll see you in the comments.

Hello there! Welcome to Detective Conan world! ^-^!

Don't worry! Kaito Kid is still going on. They released a new chapter of it a few weeks ago actually. And the new Magic Kaito 1412 anime is a reboot, but it will contain 24 episodes, so there will be some more new episodes after they reboot the first 12 episodes. ^^

And the quality is pretty good in the beginning of Detective Conan for a 90s anime. And yes, it's worth to keep on watching. They have very interesting cases, and the story keeps getting clearer and clearer to you the more episodes you watch. Also, Kaito Kid is first introduced in episode 76 of Detective Conan. And yes, Kaito Kid has his own series. The manga was first released in the 80s.

You see Kaito about a few times in the Detective Conan anime. And he appears in quite a few of the movies as well. He mostly appears in the specials of Detective Conan, but there are some episodes he appears in which are just the 20 minute episodes of Detective Conan.

Don't worry about asking soo many questions! You have some good ones, and you are very curious. (I'm also a very curious person.)  which is a good thing! :)

Hope to see you in the forums again sometime as well! :D

To find someone who's gotten into Magic Kaito before Detective Conan is a rare thing indeed.  Gosho Aoyama originally wrote Magic Kaito as its own separate manga, long before writing Detective Conan.  It never really caught on and he eventually stopped writing chapters (he occasionally continues, but only whenever he feels like it and at the expense of new DC chapters). 

The Magic Kaito anime (12 episodes) can't be considered a true series because episodes aired sporadically over the course of a few years, and only during the time slots of DC episodes.  (At this point, it should be obvious MK tends to take a back seat to DC.)  This 12 episode special itself introduced anime original characters (Spider) that helped to develop the organization, though admittedly it was mainly for naught as there wasn't really much of a conclusion anyway.

The new Magic Kaito 1412 is an actual bonafide series that is slated to air for 24 episodes.  Considering its length, it's most likely going to cover all of the existing chapters from the beginning of Magic Kaito and then potentially have an anime original conclusion.  Though most of the scenes will be the "same", it's a new and more consistent adaptation of the manga so it's worth a watch.  It's going to air every Saturday from this point onward to around the end of March, and it's sure to keep you occupied.  Worst comes to worst, you invest a bunch of your time until March only to find that there is still no ending.  However, it's your best bet, because the 12 episode specials have a .00001% chance of being continued and Gosho will most likely not officially finish writing the manga.

Detective Conan was my gateway anime, so it holds sentimental value for me, but it's a huge investment.  Much like the big three shounen anime/manga (One Piece, Naruto, Bleach), the story tends to drag and there's barely an ending in sight.  If you're thinking of watching it only for Kaitou Kid though, I'd say stick to MK1412.  He rarely appears, and it's not going to satisfy you because there's zilch development on the organization from Magic Kaito in DC.  If you want to know how many times he appears, here's a page on our wiki that lists every episode he's in.  As you can see, he finally shows up in episode 76.  However, the episodes involving him are from Conan's point of view anyway, so I highly doubt you're going to have fun watching them.  Some people will try and recruit you and recommend watching Detective Conan, but I personally feel that it's not worth the trouble.  There are better anime to spend your time on, and if you're wondering why I'm here on a DC forum it's because I joined back in my younger years when DC was the only anime I had watched and I wasn't applying to college.

tl;dr

1. Watch Magic Kaito 1412, because it might have the ending you're looking for.

2. Do not watch Detective Conan, because there's very little Kaitou Kid in it.

Ah, i see..... well just so you know the anime "Magic Kaito" isnt actually the real anime it just shows some special events with Kaito and Connan ( from detective conan ) the real anime version for magic kaito is called "Magic Kaito 1412" its shows the actual anime, it starts from the beginning and shows how he stole the things and how he returns them and blagh bah blah bbagsjsgd

Detective conan is really good though it has approximatly 700 episodes so far and is still making more and more, Detective conan is about a Sinichi Kuodo ( or something ) a young and VERY famous detective ( not 5 or anything more like 15 or 17 ) who got invited to a amusement park by his crush, Ran mouri, also the daughter of a small, absoloutley NOT ( not even with 1 person ) famous detective, while there they get on a roller coaster ride, when they get off, it apears a women has been murdered by cutting her head clean off, since Sinichi is a AWESOME,SMART and COOL detective he solves the case right there at the spot in like 5minutes, after that while walking around the back ( or something since i cat remember this part well) he witnesses two men in black trading a new untested drug, while the two trading men dont see him their accomplices sneek up behind sinichi and hit his head with something just as sinichi is about to pass out one of the men in black drops one of the untested drug in his mouth, when sinichi wakes up he sees a couple of police men investigated what happend to him, he tries to get up but to his surprise he has turned into a child, now with he is staying at his crushes house, ( i forgot to say but his crush, Ran is also his childhood friend, more like bestfriend ) with the help of his next door ( not Rans house but his own house ) mad scientist who invents him gadgets to solve cases using Rans dad, he gets even closer to finding the men in black and obtaining the formula to turn him into a teen again.

There are lots of other minor, and very important details that i havent written down, to not spoil the anime, there will also be the stress, happiness, and tears, but the will all end with an accomplishment in the future story, he will gain lots of friends and clues that help him find the real culprit.... the quality isnt bad, it isnt perfect, but it isnt bad either, so i, having ONLY watched 175 episodes so far, suggest that you as well, watch it, oh yeah i also forgot something!

THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO KNOW THAT SINICHI TRANSFORMED INTO A LITTLE KID ARE HIS PARENTS AND HIS NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOUR, THE MAD SCIENTIST. SINICHI MUST ACCOMPLISH HIS GOAL AND KEEP HIS SECRET FROM RAN AND EVERYONE