Detective Conan World
Monsi

DC to take long break + new Magic Kaito chapters to be released

So I was just looking at DCTP's spoilers page, and I happened to see this message from Fujiwara:

Aaaaand after 908, there's 5 weeks(!) of break, with 909 having it's official release on 29/10 (SS #48). But never fear, we get some Magic Kaito in between, starting after a one-week break...

EDIT: Here's DCTP's article about it with more details: http://www.dctp.ws/2014/09/13/new-magic-kaito-chapters-in-october-conan-manga-goes-on-hiatus/

Edited by Monsi

So, does this mean. New Magic Kaito Manga? I know they're releasing a new anime series next month, but never hear of the manga before. I actually never read it before, I only read Detective Conan. Do they still make Magic Kaito Manga? Cause I always thought that that was a spinoff series of Detective Conan. I don't know why, but I always thought that. Maybe because the characters are similar to Detective Conan characters. :P

Woah wait, Monsi is still here?!

Eh hem, anyway, I'm not at all pleased with this news.  Though I don't hate or mind Kid, especially if he's in his actual series and not butting into DC canon, I was starting to get hyped about Rum.  I guess it won't be too bad as long as Akako is in these chapters.

According to the spoiler in the last page of 908, Kid will encounter a certain "Black Phantom Thief" (黒い怪盗), whoever that is, in the new series.

o.o

Black Organization...? Hmmmmm??

Probably not :P

So, does this mean. New Magic Kaito Manga? I know they're releasing a new anime series next month, but never hear of the manga before. I actually never read it before, I only read Detective Conan. Do they still make Magic Kaito Manga? Cause I always thought that that was a spinoff series of Detective Conan. I don't know why, but I always thought that. Maybe because the characters are similar to Detective Conan characters. :P

Nope, MK isn't new. Actually, MK was published first before Detective Conan (MK - 1987; DC - 1994). However, DC became more famous than MK so Gosho devoted more of his time in writing DC. MK is still ongoing, but the release of new chapters is "very" irregular.

Well...last time I checked, yes. I'm just around everyone, stalking and waiting to take over all of your lives :V

Thought this was somehow related to the recent string of breaks and (rumored endings) of several long-running series that I've been hearing about. It isn't, so I guess DC isn't ending yet.

But putting aside DC for Magic Kaito, I do not approve of. DC is the lesser of the two evils here, and I can get into DC a lot better than MK.

According to the spoiler in the last page of 908, Kid will encounter a certain "Black Phantom Thief" (黒い怪盗), whoever that is, in the new series.

Hmmm, like an evil counterpart? That might actually be a bit interesting.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^