Detective Conan World
jonnythepark

Real life cases that relate with Detective Conan

So I'm wondering if any of the cases in Detective Conan actually happened in real life?

I feel like some of them have like the man who committed suicide with the knife in the block of ice case.

Does anyone here know?

Without looking up anything, I highly doubt that there's going to be a lot of them. After all, basically all the murders in DC are premeditated and very planned out, and most murders are impulsive and not very well planned out. Not like there aren't any creative murders, and I bet a few of them served as inspirations for DC cases, but I honestly doubt the existence of many.

• Upvote 1

yea...guess it's good that DC is not the most popular anime out there... :P

but it's also not far from the latter

So I'm wondering if any of the cases in Detective Conan actually happened in real life?

Funny, I had a similar thought when I first encountered this show.

so here's an image I found that basically sums up how I felt:

QJNLR7f.png?1

^_^if all of those cases that conan solved that long would happened in real life i would visit the cells of the remorseful culprits that cried while confessing their crimes and broke down in tears to give them some advice and would help them to redeem themselves and tell them to not murder again.

I remember Gosho telling that a bus had actually been hijacked in Tokyo a few weeks after chapter 289 was released (http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/The_Mysterious_Passenger). But I doubt the hijackers were actually inspired by the manga. :P

In 2010 or so, a group of teenagers from Thailand used a trick they had learned from Detective Conan, draining blood from a corpse so that the corpse gets less heavy.

In 2010 or so, a group of teenagers from Thailand used a trick they had learned from Detective Conan, draining blood from a corpse so that the corpse gets less heavy.

There was never a case involving that trick in Detective Conan. It sounds like something Kindaichi would do.

• Upvote 2

Regard to the murder case above. I googled some of it. Because I'm from Thailand but heard nothing of it

http://www.thai-toku.com/cgi-bin/board/YaBB.pl?num=1277784766/9

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=2922220

The first link is in Thai (Language), but say the incident happen in Korea. The second link in English also has the same victim's name, Korean.

The first link explicit mention the murderers draws the trick from DC. Only for a comment below to mention that, the trick never happen in DC but possible in Kindaichi.

Oh wait. The second link mention the trick as from DC as well.

He allegedly suggested they drain Kim’s blood, telling them that he’d gotten the idea from “Case Closed,” a popular manga detective series. The gang consulted the Internet for tips on corpse disposal.

• Upvote 1

Well, like I said, there was never a case in DC where the corpse was drained of blood to make it lighter, in cases or AOs. The only somewhat similar case, the vampire mansion one, happened years after that real life murder...

The reporter messed up somewhere, which is pretty typical.

• Upvote 2

People, 

when people are killing and where using tricks from different shows, than isn't it so that the police can take the same information from the show and expose the murderer.

Someone who kills another is despicable. I have learned this truth deeply from Detective Conan.

Detective Conan show learned me to stay away from crimes. 

I am writing a show that contains many different things. It is a show about a world with different perspectives.

But one thing I know for sure. Murder is and stays a murder no matter what. If you did it only one time, you are doomed. 

And if you killed someone, go to the police, give yourself up to the police, to give yourself the feeling of redemption. 

Because, when it comes to the sin you make, you will personally be judged. 

Don't kill, and don't ever commit suicide. 

Stay away from darkness come to the light, because if you stay in darkness you will stay a victim to yourself. 

Cleans your head from darkness. Cleans your self to tap in light.