Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Hejle

Gosho Aoyama - AMA

Hello and long time since I wrote here.

I just want to notify you, that the newest Conan subreddit has made contact to Gosho Aoyama and have made plans for an AMA (Ask me Anything)

The plan is that subscribed reddit users can ask questions, and these questions will be mailed to Gosho, so he can answer them.

More information here: http://www.reddit.com/r/OneTruthPrevails/comments/2fib7b/gosho_aoyama_ama/

• Upvote 4

Hmm. I've have kept a list of questions I'd like to ask Gosho for a while. These two I think are the most answerable in that they are about subjects that aren't too touchy, and hard to non-answer.

•Why did a delinquent-type like Kogoro join the police force? Where is the rest of Kogoro's family and why do they never visit or get talked about?

•What are the name origins for "Miyano", "Shiho", "Akemi", "Elena", and "Atsushi"?

Edit: The name Ooguro/Daikoku Rentarou (大黒 連太郎) appeared in same set of guestbooks that Shiho Miyano, Vodka, and Gin also signed in the Mermaid immortality arrow case. That same name was also used for a building that had a Black Organization meeting place which was blown up in Tequila's case. Can you explain the significance of this name?

• Upvote 1

My 2 most important questions would be:

1) Why are almost all murders about revenge and the murderers are always portrayed almost sympathetically? Why no murders for money, jealosy, power, killing of witnesses etc?

2) Is Conan ever sorry (at least just a little) for the situations the murderers find themselves into when they kill out of despair, only after being convinced that legal justice doesn't work (I mean, does he feel the powerful "victims" without scruples deserve so much more sympathy)?

• Upvote 1

1. Kogoros Family, Chek got me intrigued a long time ago on that 

2. Since the miyanos did not have alcohol like code names in the org. i wondered if other non assassins (fieled agent...to say) have non alcoholic code names

3. Why is he making the, for most of the cases, females  the coulprit.

4. Why so many fillers till a showdown of a sort

5. How long do you want to continue this mang

for now, enough

1. why is shiho miyano became the scientist for the org rather than Akemi who is older?

2. How long is Haibara a scientist for Black Org and does she know the real name of the BO?

3. Could there be a chance to see Shinichi, Shiho and Ran have face to face ?

It would be nice if you guys can ask this question for me. Please thanks :)

But which one do you want ? It's one question per user...

3rd question. I wonder if he plans in the future to draw a chapter in which Shinichi, Shiho and Ran will have a face to face. Like they all see each other. They did it in the live action but not in the manga or anime.

I asked what question you wanted but I can't post it for you, I already posted mine sorry... ^^'.

Btw, if someone could also post a question for me, it would be : "Will we ever know what Sera did/say to "the person who never smiled" to make them smile?". I don't know if this question was asked though.

I'm asking it as "the person who never smiled" instead of "Akai" since it wasn't said specifically that it was Akai.. even if it's most likely him huh. Just that I think there's a possibility Gosho may elude the question if I don't ask it as "the person who never smiled".

The most important question is why Conan doesn't ask Haibara about all of the org members? And why didn't he just asked her about all the information she knows about the black org at once? Seriously why? ;D

Gosho needs to answer that question really.

• Upvote 1

The most important question is why Conan doesn't ask Haibara about all of the org members? And why didn't he just asked her about all the information she knows about the black org at once? Seriously why? ;D

There wouldn't be any suspense left then, if Haibara reveals everything at once. It's better (for the readers and for Conan) to know info gradually for suspense and thrill purposes. There's a storyline after all, it's not like everything about BO will be revealed just like that.

There wouldn't be any suspense left then, if Haibara reveals everything at once. It's better (for the readers and for Conan) to know info gradually for suspense and thrill purposes. There's a storyline after all, it's not like everything about BO will be revealed just like that.

Exactly this. Haibara's silence is a deliberate way to limit information and prolong the story. It was less obvious in the beginning where Haibara's personality matched up with her actions and she didn't trust Conan's skill. Now it just mostly seems like a game where Haibara will give info, but only if Conan has something concrete like a name.

Please note that today will be the last day to submit your questions. Any questions or suggestions posted after 6 AM EST on the 13th will not count.

So where can I read the interview after it is translated???

On the subreddit. Chances are someone will crosspost it here, though.