Detective Conan World
Jodie Starling

Boss of The Black Organization?

Who is the boss?  

422 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the boss?

• New Character (not yet introduced)
    • Minor Character (appeared once or a few times before, such as a case suspect or in a case flashback)
    • Other known character not specifically mentioned below (Recurring characters)
    • Relative of known character (not yet introduced)
    • Someone else
    • Agasa Hiroshi
    • James Black
    • Miyano Atsushi
    • Elena Miyano
    • Okino Yoko
    • Okiya Subaru/Akai Shuuichi
    • Yamamura Misae
    • Matsumoto Kiyonaga
    • Kudo Yuusaku
    • Mouri Kogoro
    • Kisaki Eri
    • Sharon Vineyard
    • Gin

i know, but they still can't really contradict the storyline or else it will become confusing... so they have to follow along the lines... anyways, if aoyama has told those who made the movies about who he wants the boss to be then they may not make the boss captured because they are thinking the way i'm thinking (i probably made no sense there, but i'm like tired and not able to pay much attnetion nymore) *YAAAAAAAWN*

shiratori maybe :P

Why not ? After all, he has some affinity with wine, possessing a huge cave.

It could be interesting if the boss of the organisation is someone close to Shinichi. And I think Gosho Aoyama could have half-hinted it when Ran asked Shinichi if he would also confront someone close to him if this person turns out to have committed a crime (if I remember well, it was during the Night Baron case, when Ran suspected the Night Baron to be someone she admired).

Wrong manip. Message deleted. Sorry !

Tactical wolf: What happened in fact, I selected by mistake the reply button at the place of the edit button without noticing. And I can't delete this message unfortunately.

Wrong manip. Message deleted. Sorry !

err, for future refrence, try not to double post, at the bottom of something you've posted, there should be an edite button 82.gif but don't worry bout it too much since you're new

Well, I have a couple ideas as to how to narrow down who might be the boss. First off, I bought this book, The Case Closed Casebook, which doesn't share a lot of information, but the information it shares on the boss of the Black Organization was interesting. First off, it mentions the boss hasalready been introduced. (Jodie, since this book is commonly discussed in Detective Conan Fan Forums, this is probably what you were referring to, as it states Gosho said this in an interview, though there are no sources in the book telling you where or when)

I did some research to find that the book was released June 29, 2008, so because of this, one can assume the boss was featured before file 640 roughly (It doesn't narrow it down too much, but at least we can exclude recently appearing minor characters). Unfortunately, it is not stated whether the boss is a major character, minor character, or his/her name has been only mentioned before, but the next clue Gosho gives is that Haibara would be surprised if she knew the boss' identity, so one can assume she either knows the person or, if she met him/her one day, she would not think he/she would be suitable enough (too old, young, weak, simple minded,etc...) Finally, the boss' name will be tied to the true name of the syndicate (meaning the Black Organization is not the Organization's true name, Conan just calls them that because that is what Akemi Miyano, a low ranking member in the Organization who knows little about them, told him.

Gin has hinted the boss might be a male. A couple of times, he has referred to the boss as a he, but at the same time, this all depends on how close Gin knows the boss. If he has only talked to the boss on the phone, then the boss may have disguised his/her voice, so the gender would be impossible to tell just from a call, but if Gin was to have met the boss... then chances are the boss is male.

The boss seems to have some connection with "Nanatsu No Ko", the e-mail address to contact them. Alcohol might have some sort of a relation to the boss also.

Vermouth is the boss' favorite subordinate. Why? Vermouth seems to be one of the only members of the Organization that shows true emotion (besides for Akai and Kir, but they're infiltrating the Organization for the sake of the FBI/CIA). The boss probably finds Vermouth to be his/her favorite because of how Vermouth hasn't aged. She looks exactly the same as she did when Jodie was a child, and has faked her death as Sharon Vineyard, continuing life as Chris Vineyard and Vermouth. How old is Vermouth really? She may even be older than what we think, with Vermouth. The reason for her immortality and the large science department probably has something to do with immortality or such. I'm not sure about raising the dead, as according to this handy book I have with me here, Haibara has denied that (although I don't remember that in the series. Then again, it's been a while since I've read the first 200 chapters, so I'm not entirely sure). The blackmail could be for money, the science department could be for the research and creation of something that can grant immortality along with the creation of poisons, the computer software can be for the sharing of data and information regarding what they seek, and the murders are to keep those who plan to reveal their research and expose the organization silent, but that is an unjustified theory, only a mere thought I had considered.

Sorry, back to the topic of who the boss might be (getting off topic here!) If the movies have some influence on the manga (which it has been hinted that the movies do), then perhaps the boss is not amongst the police (think movie 13), but we cannot be entirely sure the manga has some movie influences for sure.

I have considered Dr. Agasa and Yusaku Kudo, two guesses that are commonly made, but I doubt it could be either of them due to their actions. With Dr. Agasa, why doesn't he do anything to Ai or Conan if he knows their secret? Some people believe he is waiting for the right moment, but he has already told multiple members of the Organization to find and kill Sherry, so it makes no sense. As for Yusaku... I'm quite sure at the very least he wouldn't allow his subordinates to drug his own son, or harm him in any way.

Also, the boss is either fairly old (At least 40) or the boss has changed over the years. The Organization has been around for over 20 years, but according to this lovely book here (again), Haibara makes a comment in her thoughts, wondering how "Kudo" would react if he knew he was part of an experiment that was over half a century old (50 YEARS!) Again, I don't remember reading this, but I'll go along with it unless I can prove this book wrong.

Hope that helps!

you bring up good points, like it can't be yusaku cuz he's too young, now if it was agasa, he has the age for it, but he would've killed ai and conan a looooong time ago... i think that he's a police officer...

Well, I have a couple ideas as to how to narrow down who might be the boss. First off, I bought this book, The Case Closed Casebook, which doesn't share a lot of information, but the information it shares on the boss of the Black Organization was interesting. First off, it mentions the boss hasalready been introduced. (Jodie, since this book is commonly discussed in Detective Conan Fan Forums, this is probably what you were referring to, as it states Gosho said this in an interview, though there are no sources in the book telling you where or when)

I did some research to find that the book was released June 29, 2008, so because of this, one can assume the boss was featured before file 640 roughly (It doesn't narrow it down too much, but at least we can exclude recently appearing minor characters). Unfortunately, it is not stated whether the boss is a major character, minor character, or his/her name has been only mentioned before, but the next clue Gosho gives is that Haibara would be surprised if she knew the boss' identity, so one can assume she either knows the person or, if she met him/her one day, she would not think he/she would be suitable enough (too old, young, weak, simple minded,etc...) Finally, the boss' name will be tied to the true name of the syndicate (meaning the Black Organization is not the Organization's true name, Conan just calls them that because that is what Akemi Miyano, a low ranking member in the Organization who knows little about them, told him.

Gin has hinted the boss might be a male. A couple of times, he has referred to the boss as a he, but at the same time, this all depends on how close Gin knows the boss. If he has only talked to the boss on the phone, then the boss may have disguised his/her voice, so the gender would be impossible to tell just from a call, but if Gin was to have met the boss... then chances are the boss is male.

The boss seems to have some connection with "Nanatsu No Ko", the e-mail address to contact them. Alcohol might have some sort of a relation to the boss also.

Vermouth is the boss' favorite subordinate. Why? Vermouth seems to be one of the only members of the Organization that shows true emotion (besides for Akai and Kir, but they're infiltrating the Organization for the sake of the FBI/CIA). The boss probably finds Vermouth to be his/her favorite because of how Vermouth hasn't aged. She looks exactly the same as she did when Jodie was a child, and has faked her death as Sharon Vineyard, continuing life as Chris Vineyard and Vermouth. How old is Vermouth really? She may even be older than what we think, with Vermouth. The reason for her immortality and the large science department probably has something to do with immortality or such. I'm not sure about raising the dead, as according to this handy book I have with me here, Haibara has denied that (although I don't remember that in the series. Then again, it's been a while since I've read the first 200 chapters, so I'm not entirely sure). The blackmail could be for money, the science department could be for the research and creation of something that can grant immortality along with the creation of poisons, the computer software can be for the sharing of data and information regarding what they seek, and the murders are to keep those who plan to reveal their research and expose the organization silent, but that is an unjustified theory, only a mere thought I had considered.

Sorry, back to the topic of who the boss might be (getting off topic here!) If the movies have some influence on the manga (which it has been hinted that the movies do), then perhaps the boss is not amongst the police (think movie 13), but we cannot be entirely sure the manga has some movie influences for sure.

I have considered Dr. Agasa and Yusaku Kudo, two guesses that are commonly made, but I doubt it could be either of them due to their actions. With Dr. Agasa, why doesn't he do anything to Ai or Conan if he knows their secret? Some people believe he is waiting for the right moment, but he has already told multiple members of the Organization to find and kill Sherry, so it makes no sense. As for Yusaku... I'm quite sure at the very least he wouldn't allow his subordinates to drug his own son, or harm him in any way.

Also, the boss is either fairly old (At least 40) or the boss has changed over the years. The Organization has been around for over 20 years, but according to this lovely book here (again), Haibara makes a comment in her thoughts, wondering how "Kudo" would react if he knew he was part of an experiment that was over half a century old (50 YEARS!) Again, I don't remember reading this, but I'll go along with it unless I can prove this book wrong.

Hope that helps!

Yes!!! 4 of the 5 people fits your explanation and also have reasons about the things you mentioned.

P.S. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? HAVEN'T SEEN YOU LATELY(sorry 4d caps)

Hope that helps!

Well, a theory like any other, it could be Araide maybe. It's one of the most unlikely suspects because of the Vermouth case, but that's maybe the whole thing was a trap. Everything could have been well calculated to deceive the FBI and the reader.

And I don't really trust characters who look like all too nice and innocent and who get along well with everybody. lol !

Well, a theory like any other, it could be Araide maybe. It's one of the most unlikely suspects because of the Vermouth case, but that's maybe the whole thing was a trap. Everything could have been well calculated to deceive the FBI and the reader.

And I don't really trust characters who look like all too nice and innocent and who get along well with everybody. lol !

that's why i really don't trust Ran cuz she looks all nice and innocent and gets along with everybody 80.gif

Yes!!! 4 of the 5 people fits your explanation and also have reasons about the things you mentioned.

P.S. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? HAVEN'T SEEN YOU LATELY(sorry 4d caps)

Oh, that's just what school does to a person... 6 hours of work20.gif and then you're too tired to do anything else! 45.gifGlad to be back though!40.gif

Oh, I meant to add this to my theory, but I'll just write it here: one more reason I don't believe Dr. Agasa would be the boss is because... Gosho tends to make the plot how you least expect. By revealing some information about the boss during an interview, he knew there would be a large discussion about this between Conan fans, so, although what he said is true, it's probably someone we wouldn't expect, even with the information we've received by him...

yes, the crazy old lady who is cooler than detective yamamura, GO GRANNY, YOU DA BOSS!

Hehe! that's cool if the Old hag woman is the BOSS of the black org. :D Haha!

I sure would be embarrassed if I were Gin or Vodka and met my boss for the first time, then. :unsure:

Big bad organization is run by a senior citizen?!

I can imagine the faces of Gin and Vodka IF they meet that old hag as their BOSS. hahaha! sweating in embarrassment..

It could be Subaru Okiya but I think him more as Bourbon than the boss..

Hahahahahaha Aoyama introducing himself into the series- that would be so epic x'D

LOL I cannot imagine Yamamura as the boss.. But maybe.

That would be so random and weird though O_O;

Yes that's something kinda cool? or funny. Haha! like some other author did. they introduce themselvs as a "COOL GUY" or the "KEY" in the story or something like maybe an special "ANTAGONIST".

Yes that's something kinda cool? or funny. Haha! like some other author did. they introduce themselvs as a "COOL GUY" or the "KEY" in the story or something like maybe an special "ANTAGONIST".

excuse me, the name cool guy have already been used in C :)

Well, there are two elements that I didn't really think of before and which could have some importance in the resolution of the boss' identity.

First, the music of the boss phone number is Nanatsu No Ko which refers to a crow which cries/sings, waiting its seven children in the other side of a mountain.

The second is the fact that the organisation fears a "silver bullet", believed to be Akai by most and Conan by Vermouth. A silver bullet is commonly thought as the only weapon which can kill some monsters like werewolves.

The Black Organisation is, of course, associated to crows, but could the seven children have a meaning ?

The important members of the organisation were more than seven before and only six now (Gin, Vodka, Vermouth, Chianti, Korn and Bourbon).

If it is an allusion of Conan and his children friends (even if it is impossible for the organisation to have predicted such a thing), they are only five (Conan, Ai, Ayumi, Mitsuhiko and Genta).

Yamamura's Grandmother.

/What?

In all seriousness, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Gosho decided to pick someone not related to Detective Conan at all. To be honest, he's backed himself up to a wall with this one; he's gonna disappoint a certain group of people no matter who he chooses... I just hope the end isn't silly, personally.

• Upvote 1

For my part, top suspects are:

-Yusaku Kudo: I think he is the most likely to rule an organization. He is a a celebrity like some organization members, he has a strong interest in detective novels and also write some of them (the organization has clearly a strong interest for talented persons such as a detective and an actress/transformist), he certainly knows Vermouth (the favorite of the boss), he has strong connections...

I don't count the Night Baron virus as an element against him because the name was given by the victims.

-Eri Kisaki: Of all the characters of Detective Conan, if Eri Kisaki turns out to be the boss, she would be extremely dangerous for everyone. She is highly intelligent (her sudden professional rise is quiet surprising), maybe equal to Shinichi and Heiji, she has connections with the most important characters of Detective Conan and, in a personal perspective, it would be a disaster for Ran and Kogoro.

She is quiet mysterious, very cold (to put it bluntly, she doesn't act often as a woman because the nature of her job won't allow it), even Shinichi fears her (lol !) and, by her job, she must know a lot of influent people. And the reasons why she left Kogoro are quiet mysterious * (IF she is the boss, maybe she didn't want him to be involved with her business because she cares for him).

* I don't count the movies as canon.

Yamamura's Grandmother.

/What?

In all seriousness, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Gosho decided to pick someone not related to Detective Conan at all. To be honest, he's backed himself up to a wall with this one; he's gonna disappoint a certain group of people no matter who he chooses... I just hope the end isn't silly, personally.

+1(reputation)

I hope that it won't be a joke and will be more serious. Coz a bad ending will ruin the whole story. But poor Aoyama... It is hard for him to choose a character that will not disappoint us all.