Detective Conan World
Jodie Starling

Boss of The Black Organization?

Who is the boss?  

422 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the boss?

• New Character (not yet introduced)
    • Minor Character (appeared once or a few times before, such as a case suspect or in a case flashback)
    • Other known character not specifically mentioned below (Recurring characters)
    • Relative of known character (not yet introduced)
    • Someone else
    • Agasa Hiroshi
    • James Black
    • Miyano Atsushi
    • Elena Miyano
    • Okino Yoko
    • Okiya Subaru/Akai Shuuichi
    • Yamamura Misae
    • Matsumoto Kiyonaga
    • Kudo Yuusaku
    • Mouri Kogoro
    • Kisaki Eri
    • Sharon Vineyard
    • Gin

While whether a fake death was involved is up in the air, there definitely is something fishy going on with the Miyanos' deaths. Despite what various characters have said, whatever happened to Elena and Atsushi Miyano probably wasn't a sudden death accident. Elena took the time to leave tapes for Shiho, and given the theme of the tapes' content, it suggests Elena was intentionally leaving something behind for her daughter. Most people don't leave such deliberate mementos if they think that they will be alive later. The act of leaving the tapes indicates that Elena knew something would happen or she was about to do something that she might not survive. A situation where death is known to be likely doesn’t seem like it should be called an “accident”.

The contradiction could be resolved if the incident involved a slow death, i.e. there was an accident and then Elena left the tapes as she was dying. Another possibility is that whatever dangerous thing the Miyano's undertook that killed them was kept secret even from other highly ranked BO members like Pisco. Still another possibility is that the Miyano's didn't die, but faked their death (or tried to) in an accident and Elena prepared the tapes before going into hiding.

You're welcome. I personally have always been a fan of the "Mouri-arty" theory since I realized Kogoro's family background is a big black hole that Gosho has never offered any hints about despite Kogoro being a main character. I think Kogoro's relatives and their past are hiding major plot, be it a crime related to the Black Org that is a major key that will allow Conan to uncover the boss's identity (or something else equally big like the location of the boss or some operatives' real names), or that the boss himself/herself is a Mouri. (Note I am NOT saying Kogoro is the boss. That would be silly.)

As for a relative of Kogoro's ordering Kogoro's death, I don't really think this a problem because I they are likely estranged. Neither Ran nor Kogoro mention anyone related to them, family visits, or anything like that as would be expected of a normal extended family situation (see Sonoko for comparison).

I think Atsushi and Elena Miyano are a bit too young to be anokata, assuming their aging is normal, and the boss has been the same one all along. It would also meant they ordered the deaths of their daughters. Elena I am definitely against being the boss per what I listed in the not the boss list about how nice she seemed. Atsushi is less clear-cut because we don't know what kind of person he was.

'

Mouri-arty O.O I never thought about it until you mentioned. That sounds like what gosho loves to do. O.O

You're welcome. I personally have always been a fan of the "Mouri-arty" theory since I realized Kogoro's family background is a big black hole that Gosho has never offered any hints about despite Kogoro being a main character. I think Kogoro's relatives and their past are hiding major plot, be it a crime related to the Black Org that is a major key that will allow Conan to uncover the boss's identity (or something else equally big like the location of the boss or some operatives' real names), or that the boss himself/herself is a Mouri. (Note I am NOT saying Kogoro is the boss. That would be silly.)

As for a relative of Kogoro's ordering Kogoro's death, I don't really think this a problem because they are likely estranged. Neither Ran nor Kogoro mention anyone related to them, family visits, or anything like that as would be expected of a normal extended family situation (see Sonoko for comparison).

I think Atsushi and Elena Miyano are a bit too young to be anokata, assuming their aging is normal, and the boss has been the same one all along. It would also meant they ordered the deaths of their daughters. Elena I am definitely against being the boss per what I listed in the not the boss list about how nice she seemed. Atsushi is less clear-cut because we don't know what kind of person he was. He did marry Elena though and brought his daughter on a visit to a friend's house.

Sure, I guess that Mouri's parents/relatives would fall into the names-mentioned-but-never-appeared category. Since Aoyama loves puns, the Mouri-arty thing would make sense - although, Mouri's first name is apparently named after Kogoro Akechi (the Holmes-like detective written by Ranpo Edogawa), but the first name applies only to Kogoro and not his relatives.

Hmm, you're right, the BO is at least 50 years old and Atsushi, at least, should be around 54 now if he's alive, according to File 423 (the dude who was childhood friends with Atsushi is listed to be 54 years old). Even if the BO is exactly 50 years old, Atsushi would have been four years old when the org was founded. I guess we don't really know the age of Elena, though, hmm - but if the parents 'continued' the research, then someone else must have started the research - unless Elena was a clone of her mother and somehow gained memories of her mother or something, and maybe Ai's a clone of Elena! And the 'Miyano Shiho' who went to the Mermaid Island was actually Elena/Elena's mother! Hence why 'Miyano Shiho' went to the island famous for granting immortality, despite Ai not being the type to persue immortality! Also why Ai falls on the cautious side, since Anokata (who might be related to Ai) was characterized as 'overly cautious'! And Chris Vineyard is actually Sharon Vineyard's clone, who also gained Sharon's memories somehow! And maybe that's why Sharon/Chris is so young, despite Gin mentioning that Shinichi was the first human guinea pig for APTX4869! /word vomits own crack theory

*Coughs* Anyway . . .

I searched around for a confirmation of the second 'interview', and though I couldn't find primary source evidence for it, everybody talked about the line as if it was fact so I'm fairly certain that it's accurate. Anyone want to guess at the real name of the BO? Apparently it's tied to Anokata's name.

Takayama Minami I know who "anokata" is?

Do you believe it has something to do with her character (Conan) (She need to know?) or just because she was Gosho wife?

Do you believe it has something to do with her character (Conan) (She need to know?) or just because she was Gosho wife?

Wife, most likely.
I searched around for a confirmation of the second 'interview', and though I couldn't find primary source evidence for it, everybody talked about the line as if it was fact so I'm fairly certain that it's accurate. Anyone want to guess at the real name of the BO? Apparently it's tied to Anokata's name.
Yatagarasu! </too much ace attorney> But seriously, maybe is has something crow/raven/black-colored-bird related because of the Nanatsu no ko and crow-looking dress code. Knowing Gosho, it would probably be some hideous kanji radical rearrangement wordplay that no non-native speaker could get. If I remember correctly, there was an interview where Aoyama said he chose the liquor codenames because they sounded cool: an answer which doesn't sound plot relevant. Anyone think of any connections between Moriarty and crows/ravens, or eternal life/deaging and crows/ravens?

At that point when this DC was introduced (or at that era), Asian countries were crazy over producing shows to do with eternal life... Like finding eternity pill, or vampires, zombies, even CCS also included a magician who is capable of living an eternity life etc... I guess it is possible DC is also the same - search for some way for eternity?

And if that was the main aim for DC, then could it be, that the boss found a way? If he/she did, then could it be that Anokata would have shrunk already himself? Then he wouldnt have been in his 50s already...

Or it could be other way round - he was growing old far too quickly, maybe because of an experiment and that is why he wanted to find a way to turn himself back young? :???:

Oh hey, going through that 2chan blog on the BO, I found another interesting theory on who Anokata is - 烏丸蓮耶 (Karasuma Renya), that dude in File 229-302 (Gathered Detectives! Shinichi vs. Kaito Kid) who reportedly died mysteriously half a century ago. Karasu means crow, to boot. He seems like a pretty good candidate.

EDIT: Another interesting dude is 大黒連太郎 (Oguro Rentaro, I think), whose name apparently appeared in that Mermaid case (File 281). 黒 means black, of course.

She probably knows because she was his wife. Maybe she even helped him to find ideas for his stories.

But, if Anokata was amoung the main cast member, do you think Aoyama would have tell him/her ? Because, if no other cast member knows his identity...

Unless Minami Takayama herself is Anokata ? lol !

Oh hey, going through that 2chan blog on the BO, I found another interesting theory on who Anokata is - 烏丸蓮耶 (Karasuma Renya), that dude in File 229-302 (Gathered Detectives! Shinichi vs. Kaito Kid) who reportedly died mysteriously half a century ago. Karasu means crow, to boot. He seems like a pretty good candidate.

Dus brought him up on DCTP once before. My main issue with him is that the crow motif he had going is overly obvious, Gosho usually aims for more subtle wordplay. The other thing is he built a freaking gold-plated mansion. I just can't see a secretive careful person like anokata going in for the over-the-top bling.

EDIT: Another interesting dude is 大黒連太郎 (Oguro Rentaro, I think), whose name apparently appeared in that Mermaid case (File 281). 黒 means black, of course.

That's one of the guestbook names, it's in one of the books Heiji is reading (28-8 pg 12). I don't know particularly what to make of it.

o.O you have many interestin theories. Are you REREADING the ENTIRE of DC? o.O

If you mean me, I've probably read every case about three times now, and plot related cases a dozen times or more. The first read through was in order, but later readthroughs were out of order, and I don't really keep track, so it's kind of hard to guess how many times I've been through.

In case you are wondering, you notice a lot more stuff by rereading. It also helps to keep notes, like stuff you found suspicious or dangling plots.

Hmm, on puns, apparently some Japanese fans think that Ran's name came from Maurice Leblanc, the creator of Lupin. Maurice Leblanc's Japanese is モーリス・ルブラン (Moorisu Ruburan), so Mouri might be a pun on Maurice, too.

Still, as far as I know this is fan-speculation, so Mouri-arty is still possible. *shrugs*

Hmm, on puns, apparently some Japanese fans think that Ran's name came from Maurice Leblanc, the creator of Lupin. Maurice Leblanc's Japanese is モーリス・ルブラン (Moorisu Ruburan), so Mouri might be a pun on Maurice, too.

Still, as far as I know this is fan-speculation, so Mouri-arty is still possible. *shrugs*

I've heard this from multiple sources as well, but who says Gosho can't double pun?

And, along the lines of puns and such, though this is probably just a coincidence, isn't it weird that Agasa and Moriarty are both professors? They are commonly referred to as Professor Agasa and Professor Moriarty.

It's true I'm not a big fan of the Agasa is the Boss theory, but I just wanted to put it out there.

And I apologize if someone already mentioned this.

I just came back from a long "no computer" streak, so I missed a lot of the conversation.

For the time being, the only character which had been explicitly referenced to Moriarty was James Black, suggesting that he could be a villain, but it was a trap.

when you saw James with akai in ep 259 he looked suspicious. But when you found out in ep 288 that akai is an FBI agent, then you could assume he to was an agent.

his suspiciousness didn't last long