Detective Conan World
Jodie Starling

Boss of The Black Organization?

Who is the boss?  

422 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the boss?

• New Character (not yet introduced)
    • Minor Character (appeared once or a few times before, such as a case suspect or in a case flashback)
    • Other known character not specifically mentioned below (Recurring characters)
    • Relative of known character (not yet introduced)
    • Someone else
    • Agasa Hiroshi
    • James Black
    • Miyano Atsushi
    • Elena Miyano
    • Okino Yoko
    • Okiya Subaru/Akai Shuuichi
    • Yamamura Misae
    • Matsumoto Kiyonaga
    • Kudo Yuusaku
    • Mouri Kogoro
    • Kisaki Eri
    • Sharon Vineyard
    • Gin

They said that the b.o is not the real name of the organization. Im just thinking, vermouth calls akai and conan as silver bullet, the only thing i can think of is that werewolf and vampires had those weakness.

They said that the b.o is not the real name of the organization. Im just thinking, vermouth calls akai and conan as silver bullet, the only thing i can think of is that werewolf and vampires had those weakness.

That does seem most appropriate, but there are no companies with any relation to Werewolves and/or Vampires in DC's world

I believe the boss is a new character and not introduced yet .. i dont think a normal person would run a big organization like this.. it must be controlled by someone who has power money and maybe a political ..

I believe the boss is a new character and not introduced yet .. i dont think a normal person would run a big organization like this.. it must be controlled by someone who has power money and maybe a political ..

True, but it is suggested that his ID was hinted early. Not to mention that Gosho-sama himself said if you know the BO's real name you'd know the boss name, meaning we already know the boss. But his real ID is still a mystery..

Firstly the horse's name was just pronounced from tv - it was not shown in writing. It was Conan who decided to put it down in writing using katakana. It is true that horses names are usually in katakana - which might be Conan's reasoning why he used katakana (or the author's trick to dilute the clue) - because their names are usually foreign like these list http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oka_Sho but goukaiteiou just sounds japanese.

But animals could also be named using kanji like these long listing for dog name suggestion http://japanesedognames.blogspot.jp/

As for explicit listing for the translation I got, here are those.

http://www.eudict.com/?lang=japeng&word=gou

http://www.eudict.com/?lang=japeng&word=kai

http://www.eudict.com/?lang=japeng&word=tei

http://www.eudict.com/?lang=japeng&word=ou

And again, this interpretation was skewed to the assumption that the series would not last a year. (Aoyama: I, too, thought that it [Detective Conan] would only last about three months, since it's difficult to continue material-wise.) Authors at least knew how their series will end, and with that kind of mentality about the length of the series it would not be strange that clues were already being dropped early. Like Haibara was already hinted at chapter 16 and shown after a long while at chapter 176.

Vagueness is present because this is a speculation. Who knows? But maybe this is the guy who we're looking for.

http://s24.postimg.org/sd4h2166b/dfsdfg.png 1994

http://s13.postimg.org/itdqujvtx/dfdfb.jpg January 25, 2014

Hi I'm new! Hahaha. Anyways,

since you mentioned about the horse thingy, I thought it had a relation with the upcoming Detective Conan Movie 20 visual released.

http://haruhichan.com/wpblog/58341/20th-detective-conan-film-title-teaser-visual-revealed/

as you can see, the visual shows conan on a horse.

this is just my assumption. i have no solid proof to support this. i just thought it was a coincidence. 

Hi I'm new! Hahaha. Anyways,

since you mentioned about the horse thingy, I thought it had a relation with the upcoming Detective Conan Movie 20 visual released.

http://haruhichan.com/wpblog/58341/20th-detective-conan-film-title-teaser-visual-revealed/

as you can see, the visual shows conan on a horse.

this is just my assumption. i have no solid proof to support this. i just thought it was a coincidence. 

I think it has more to do with the fact that part of the movie's name 'NIGHTMARE' may be interpreted as a Mare of the Night, therefore they played on the pun and illustrated Conan sitting on a Mare with shadowy features.. 

I think it has more to do with the fact that part of the movie's name 'NIGHTMARE' may be interpreted as a Mare of the Night, therefore they played on the pun and illustrated Conan sitting on a Mare with shadowy features.. 

Ah I see! Now it's clear to me haha. That was dumb of me xD Anyways, thank you! 

So...I was watching dc episode 48-49, when Heiji is first introduced and at the very end of 49 Heiji makes this comment, "...Chinese liquor can be strong, but not half as strong as gin and vodka. You should really watch out for those two. They're killers..". And continues on to say, "Oh, you might be interested in the names of those drinks I mentioned, they're interested in you". Now why would he say that????

I would to agree with that. I mean after that it has no mention of conan/shinichi said heiji has said any of those names. But then again I don't know because conan is smarter than heiji. Which I have a felling that this boss is smarter than conan

I would to agree with that. I mean after that it has no mention of conan/shinichi said heiji has said any of those names. But then again I don't know because conan is smarter than heiji. Which I have a felling that this boss is smarter than conan

The smartest character thus far is Kudo Yuusaku, I think the boss is on par with him ..

I think Yoko Okino is the boss of the organization, in the current of this series there have been more evidence about this chance. Is it possible, do you think? 

I think Yoko Okino is the boss of the organization, in the current of this series there have been more evidence about this chance. Is it possible, do you think? 

No. I don't think it's possible. Though some people believe that she was intended to originally be Vermouth/Boss, I guess? I'd say regardless of what could have happened, it's not really relevant now.

At this point it really wouldn't be sensible. I don't think the boss is someone that has seen Shiho in her shrunken state. I think they'd be able to put two and two together fairly quickly and would take some action. Yoko has done none of this.

Not to mention she's rather young, doesn't appear to be intelligent or as cautious as Vermouth describes the boss to be, and requested that Kir hire a private detective to investigate her stalker problem. Since Kogoro is such a famous detective, that seems like a rather risky move... (and that tracking device incident almost got Kogoro killed)

I don't know if this is relevant or nah;

And I'm not quite sure if someone had already brought this up before. I think someone did wayyy back but I lost the thread somewhere. 

This old man, he seems absolutely suspicious, no? If he was merely a background character, then he wouldn't be so detailed at the back. I'm just wondering anyone know who he is? I do suspect that he could be the boss but I have no solid proof so yeah. Thought I brought this up.

p/s: dont kill me ;___;

post-32134-0-20196100-1455286575_thumb.j

As far as I know, it's Jii Konosuke, Kid's assistant.

I see! No wonder he seems familiar. He appeared in a such odd place though!  (behind Vermouth, that is. nothing odd about him appearing in the train since Kaito Kid was involved)  

Do you think that the Boss would use 'Champagne' as his own codename? I know that he always is called 'That person'/'Anokata'/'Boss', but if he had a codename, it could be possible that the members of the organization just don't use it, when they talk about him. Like Voldemort in 'Harry Potter', when Death Eaters only calls Voldemort 'Master'.

I think it was cleared up in an interview not too long ago that the boss does not have an alcoholic code-name, though he is the one to assign the code-names.

Apparently an informal interview was given by Gosho on Jan 3rd, 2013 to fans. There is no transcript I know about (hopefully something more detailed will pop up to confirm) but reports of what was talked about made it onto Baidu. Usually interviews from there are somewhat suspect, but this info seems to be well regarded because it isn't absurdly revealing, the poster included pictures of the informal meet, and a similar informal interview (linked) was given last year around this time. The Japanese person who was at the previous year’s interview also had commentary on this one. The Chinese and Japanese accounts do not contradict each other, so it is extremely likely the info is accurate.

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2081711892

今天柯南作者见面会问答 组织消息
Posted by 我爱贝尔摩得

Y大蟹酥Y微博消息 大叔说还会有新的组织成员登场
否认boss是阿笠博士 灰原和琴酒确实有关系,但具体是什么关系敬请期待 怪盗基德不会再和组织有交集 明年20周年可能会画组织相关内容 大boss没有酒名代号,但成员的代号都是大boss起的

Translation by Conan4869 with edits: Gosho said there [could be] a new member of the Black Organization [appearing], denied Agasa is BO boss. There is a relationship between Sherry and Gin, wait to see what relationship between them. Kaito Kid won't be involved in the BO story anymore. Next year 20th anniversary (Year 2014) he may create a story about BO. BO boss had no codename related to alcohol, but members' codenames are named by BO boss.

Analysis

• Likely no big BO confrontation cases will happen in 2013, although the plot with Amuro, Sera, and Akai should go on. Chapter 900 will fall in approx February-March 2014 at the current rate, which suggests Gosho will hold off until 2014 - the 20th anniversary of DC. (For anime watchers, BO cases or cameos often occur on manga file numbers that are multiples of 100)
  • Gosho may be thinking about introducing another new BO member, but he is probably going to clean up some of the current plot first. It will probably be a while before there are any new BO. To put it in perspective, the Nagano case Gosho talked about last year in January still hasn't happened yet. It would make the most sense to introduce a new member in File 900 in 2014 to coincide with the 20th anniversary.
  • We already knew Agasa wasn't the boss and the boss gave out alcohol codenames.
  • No more Kaitou Kid messing up the BO plot!!! <- BEST NEWS
  • I doubt Gosho will clear up Sherry and Gin's relationship. Whenever the issue came up in earlier interviews, he gave pretty much the same answer. The only new development about that mystery since the early Vermouth arc is Gin thinking of Shiho naked again in the train case. Fans have been asking Gosho about the two of them since the Vermouth arc without success, so it must be sensitive and/or something Gosho is saving for later.

• Upvote 1

Here's something interesting I came upon, too much of coincidence if you ask me.. The black clothes of the Org are meant to represent crows, as Akemi told Conan. Speaking of crows there is a Matsumoto Castle in Japan that sometimes nicknamed Crow Castle due to it's black structure, now we know who Matsumoto is, the ex superintendent of the MPD Matsumoto Kiyonaga. Remember the case with his daughter being poisoned by her soon to be husband and childhood love, that's right his name is Toshihiko who's mother died in the accident that had Kiyonaga's car crashing into her while chasing the serial killer who gave him his scar on his eye. Toshihiko was later adopted by a rich family named Takasugi (Taka means Hawk in Japanese), the episode also contains a character named Atsushi UmeMiya. Though the character Atsushi is a vice president at Teitan School or something. The case of the the Poisoned Bride comes right after the Night Baron Virus case, of which the BO was interested in. Too much of a coincidence if you think about it, perhaps a more in depth analysis shall give us more hint. Thought I would share my newest discovery..  Hope it helps..

Another thing I just remembered, about crows. The boss is heavenly hinted to be inquisitive about detective fiction, speaking of both detective fiction and crows. One can but know the shared point of both, which is non other than the father of the detective fiction, Edgar Allan Poe. In his poem 'The Raven', a lover lamenting the loss of his lover to a raven. If my deduction is correct, the lover is Anokata, the loved is the woman he is trying to 'revive' or rescue hence project Silver Bullet/APTX4869. And the raven is the Organization, therefore Anokata saw the similarity between him and maybe his favorite author and used the ravens as his symbolism... Thoughts??

P.S. Know the irony if this theory stands, Shinichi used the name Conan Edogawa as his alter ego while shrunken. Conan is from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle the creator of Sherlock Holmes, while Edogawa is from Edogawa Ranpo. Ranpo is the father of the Japanese detective fiction, and his real name is Taro Hirai. Edogawa Ranpo is the Japanese spelling of Edgar Allan Poe, of whom Taro was a big fan. If Anokata is really symbolizing himself as the lover from 'The Raven' who is probably Poe him self, that makes him the creator of his own destruction. In simpler words, Anokata -> Lover in 'The Raven' -> Edgar Allan Poe -> Edogawa Ranpo -> Edogawa Conan -> Will eventually end the BO and Anokata..  

What about Matsumoto? He looks suspicious. Highest rank and also in movie 13, when the boss order Irish to become him (Matsumoto)

What about Matsumoto? He looks suspicious. Highest rank and also in movie 13, when the boss order Irish to become him (Matsumoto)

I doubt it, because then Vermouth and other BO members would not have to disguise themselves in order to infiltrate the MPD. Also in the movie he was kidnapped by the BO, though the movie non canon it still would not make sine to kidnap your own boss..  

Also, in the epilogue of the episode about the attempted murder on Matsumoto's daughter, we are shown a photo of Matsumoto at his daughter's wedding 3 YEARS LATER. I think it's unlikely Conan will take so long to destroy the organization, by then (3 years later) the boss should theoretically be either dead, in prison or maybe on the run, but not in open view at a wedding. I think I read somewhere Gosho said Conan will take no more than 1 year (of the manga time, not the real time where it's already decades) to take them out, but who knows, maybe it was false information, I don't remember where exactly I read it, unfortunately...

You got a point, anyway i'm just trying to proof my friend that he is wrong :v

And also, did anyone read about that some guy interviewed Aoyama and he got an information (volume number) about the when Aoyama determine who the boss is, but then decide not to publish it... (his friend leaked it eventually, but not the volume number, more like a clue)

I dont know about the source, maybe someone here can confirm that