Detective Conan World
Jodie Starling

Boss of The Black Organization?

Who is the boss?  

422 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the boss?

• New Character (not yet introduced)
    • Minor Character (appeared once or a few times before, such as a case suspect or in a case flashback)
    • Other known character not specifically mentioned below (Recurring characters)
    • Relative of known character (not yet introduced)
    • Someone else
    • Agasa Hiroshi
    • James Black
    • Miyano Atsushi
    • Elena Miyano
    • Okino Yoko
    • Okiya Subaru/Akai Shuuichi
    • Yamamura Misae
    • Matsumoto Kiyonaga
    • Kudo Yuusaku
    • Mouri Kogoro
    • Kisaki Eri
    • Sharon Vineyard
    • Gin

I honestly don't really care about who the boss is, I just want him/her to be a very good character, I want to know his motives and his background, Johan Liebert and "Friend" are both very good examples of amazing villains, I hope the boss would be like that, though I doubt Gosho can write on that level, I hope he can make the boss interesting enough to be comparable to those 2.

Can you imagine if the boss as a character does not live up to the hype.

All these years of waiting...wow

Yeah, I keep imagining conversations in the future on message boards like "Could've been worse.. Could've ended like Detective Conan!"

Btw, Uchiha, I think your new sig pic may be a little too big, not sure about the rules around here.

-Moderator Hijack: Chek's rule of thumb is that if it takes up a whole browser window, it's gotta get boxed.

Yeah, I keep imagining conversations in the future on message boards like "Could've been worse.. Could've ended like Detective Conan!"

Btw, Uchiha, I think your new sig pic may be a little too big, not sure about the rules around here.

-Moderator Hijack: Chek's rule of thumb is that if it takes up a whole browser window, it's gotta get boxed.

I don't mind that, but for some reason, I can't seem to open spoilers anymore, do you have any idea why?

some one side the boss is Doctor ali

Professor Agasa (博士阿笠) is one of the characters that Aoyama Gosho has specifically announced is not the boss.

The complete list of characters that we know are not the boss because Gosho said so are: Agasa, Kudo Yuusaku, Conan, Ran, Vermouth, Shiratori, Fusae Kinoshita Campbell, James Black, Sonoko, Ayumi, Genta, Mitsuhiko, Samizu Kichiemon, and Gin. Eri is "not involved with the Black Organization".

I don't mind that, but for some reason, I can't seem to open spoilers anymore, do you have any idea why?

I have no problem. Is your javascript enabled?

。。。。。。。

Sorry I just said someone said it from internet .not my mind.and the things what you wrote I don't understand,specially the name

。。。。。。。

Sorry I just said someone said it from internet .not my mind.and the things what you wrote I don't understand,specially the name

People who speak English say the character named 工藤新一 is "Kudo Shinichi". People who speak Chinese say the character 工藤新一 is "Gōngténg Xīnyī". We use the Japanese pronunciation for all the names because the author of Detective Conan is Japanese. If the names I wrote are not familiar then it is probably because you are using Pinyin (拼音) to translate the names from Chinese. "Ali" is how a Chinese person translates 阿笠 into English. A Japanese person would write "Agasa".

People who speak English only use Pinyin for translating Chinese names. Japanese names are translated into English with rōmaji (ローマ字). For an English-speaking person, it does not matter that Chinese and Japanese use some of the same characters (汉字). We spell foreign names based on how they are pronounced in their native language.

If I were writing to a Chinese person about the man in the picture below I would spell his name "Zhuge Liang" or "Kongming". If I were writing to a Japanese person I would spell it "Shokatsu Ryou" or "Koumei". If I were writing to a Korean, I would use "Jegal Ryang" or "Gong Myeong". If I were talking to another English speaker, I would use the the Chinese way because the man is from China.

ZhugeLiang1.jpg

If you are having trouble with understanding English, maybe the chinese forum http://bbs.aptx.cn/ will be easier to understand.

Great ,you know a lot .thank you first .But this things I all know.I just don't know how to write the name Agasa in English .so  use Ali .this name was made by myself.Well I thought no one will konw what it mean.In my surprise,you even know what it mean.I think you live in china right?Tell me the truth.And how many laguages you known.And can you give me a list about Detective Conan character name in English and chinese.please.A big thanks.

Great ,you know a lot .thank you first .But this things I all know.I just don't know how to write the name Agasa in English .so  use Ali .this name was made by myself.Well I thought no one will konw what it mean.In my surprise,you even know what it mean.I think you live in china right?Tell me the truth.And how many laguages you known.And can you give me a list about Detective Conan character name in English and chinese.please.A big thanks.

I live in the United States and the only language I can speak and write fluently is English. The only phrase I know in Chinese is "妖魔鬼怪快啲走" which is spoken by the character Uncle from the cartoon Jackie Chan Adventures to banish evil things.

Here is a list of all the character names as we spell them in English.

Please be aware that some characters have two names listed: The one on the left is the Japanese name spelled out into English letters (romanji), and the one on the right is an Americanized name that the company which publishes Detective Conan in English uses. We use the romanji Japanese names here because more people are familiar with them than the American names. This may sound like a strange habit, but it is because Detective Conan was not very popular in America and was quickly cancelled from American television (and also in other English-speaking countries too). Most people who read Detective Conan in English got used to the subtitles made by fans which used the romanji Japanese names.

Each character on that page has an article about them. At the bottom of each article is a table that lists how the name is written the Chinese way.

The reason I knew your true meaning is because most Chinese people use Pinyin for Japanese names that use hanzi/kanji. Your username is "Chinese" and you called a character "Doctor Ali". All I had to to was use the wiki to figure out which doctor's name is "Ali" in Pinyin.

So clever you are! But now US is night, ypu stay up late?And you can find the chinese site that's surprise for me.I think you should sleep now.How old are you?twenty?want make a friend with me.you can download a tencent QQ international.

Not sure whether anybody else has thought about this or not but I strongly believe that the Boss of the Black Organization could be Sango Yokomizo.
He was introduced quite early in the series and is also is a recurring character. He is also a member of the police force and is someone whom people won't suspect to be evil.
He appears often enough, but not too often for us to suspect him. If we assume that Gosho had decided on the identity of the boss quite early, then it makes sense to introduce him so early.
Anybody agrees with me?

Oh, he talks a lot and has a cheerful personality. It is just that he is too "un-evil" and trusts Kogoro a lot. I just strongly believe that he could be the Boss of the organization.

Plans change, and Gosho didn't even expect Detective Conan to last, let alone go on for 21 years  :P  - While the boss has "appeared", I don't think we know if it's just a name, or a full on appearance.

In any case, I don't think it would be either of the Yokomizo brothers. Not only is there nothing to really suggest this, but both brothers seem to have a strong sense of justice, and don't really seem to be nearly capable as one would think the boss should be. They don't seem nearly as experienced, or even old enough to be running a crime syndicate (or soulless), and I think can further be disproved since they are twins. Not to mention Sango has several "odd" traits, and is constantly fanboying over Kogoro's deduction ability (but so does Yamamura).

I don't think the boss has had any close interaction with Haibara, or has even seen her since she has shrunk. Both Sango and Jugo have got a clear look at the girl. Had they been the boss, I'm sure they would have been able to piece something together, or at least had enough suspicions to investigate. At least this is the sensible theory since quite a few characters have already been able to identify her simply by looking at her, and the members of the organization should definitely know her image as a child (Pisco and Vermouth both knew).

• Upvote 1

I don't think that Gosho will make just any random character the boss of the organization. As already mentioned, Sango's appearances seem to be just of the right number for us to remember him, yet not suspect him.

His fanboying over Kogoro's theories might just be to conceal his actual personality. As for age, that is a crucial, yet and ambiguous factor which is debatable. We can't rule him out due to his age.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Sango Yokomizo has never actually seen Haibara in person until now if I'm right. That is, if we don't count the anime original episodes. 

I don't think that Gosho will make just any random character the boss of the organization. As already mentioned, Sango's appearances seem to be just of the right number for us to remember him, yet not suspect him.

His fanboying over Kogoro's theories might just be to conceal his actual personality. As for age, that is a crucial, yet and ambiguous factor which is debatable. We can't rule him out due to his age.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Sango Yokomizo has never actually seen Haibara in person until now if I'm right. That is, if we don't count the anime original episodes. 

Sango saw Haibara in her first appearance and in episode 246-247 (File 312-313) and has failed to take any action at all. There might be more instances, but those are the only two I know off the top of my head from the manga.

The age is certainly a factor, but it's also possible that the boss does not look his age. Because Sango and Jugo are twins, it's not really sensible that he would be running a crime syndicate at his age, especially one that we know has existed for at least half a century... which is mainly why I brought it up in the first place.

The boss could be a number of people, and that certainly includes one time case characters. At least with the evidence we have, we really can't make more than guesses as to who the boss could be. However, it's pretty easy to rule out a number of suspects. I don't think the frequency of when a character shows up should really have anything to do with it. There isn't a "right number" (and DC fans are thorough anyways), and this could apply to several characters.

Suggesting that he'd be hiding his personality is also a stretch, unless of course you believe he is a world class actor. I might say this about a couple other characters but not Sango. He's not particularly hot-tempered, but he likes to get in your face and say what he is thinking  :P . I think it's safe to say he is genuinely enthralled by Sleeping Kogoro, and he doesn't question it. 

What chances are that the BO's name is Pluto or Something similar?

This kind of info may give out the name of boss if i knew Japanese ? 

Probably this is not name .

Go On Has Someone Seen Name Related To  this in the series ?

Sorry guys for the long absence.. I did from time to time think about the boss in many new different angles, and as I might say I have my own list of suspects within whom the boss is most likely to be. I witnessed a new clue, that might have skipped the others. Though it was not drawn in the original manga, the anime did draw it so the lead might be a little weak but exists nonetheless.

In episode 54 (the one which Teuila dies in), almost at the very end of the episode. Conan/Shinichi says that the La Cocktail cafe at which one of the characters was about to meet Gin and Vodka that explodes is left with no traces. But right after this scene Conan/Shinichi says that the deal was about the BO getting a list of the world's best programmers and just while talking about the BO, a silhouette of 5 people is shown presumably as I guessed it is either the programmers that are the best in their field or the top BO members. Seeing as the artists of the anime would not bother over drawing silhouette of characters and adding to a manga based episode that in originality did not include the silhouette, then the other option is more likely and therefore it is the silhouette of the top BO members. With noticeably familiar characters, the drawing could be a mislead but more likely to be more of a slip of info from the staff without Gosho-sama's authentication..

Here is the silhouette:- (sorry for the bad quality, captured in a hurry XD)

post-28472-0-68769000-1446159289_thumb.j

P.S. Notice that the woman with the long hair looks similar to Chris, while the woman on the left with the short straight hair looks similar to Sharon.. The one in the middle is most likely the Boss if my theory is right :P ...

Well, the animators also gave us this lovely picture from Episode 557, which of course also wasn't in the original manga. The animators fuck up all the time and make shit up, I wouldn't give these things that are entirely unbased from the manga, too much of a thought honestly.Generic_BOs.png

• Upvote 2

Well, the animators also gave us this lovely picture from Episode 557, which of course also wasn't in the original manga. The animators fuck up all the time and make shit up, I wouldn't give these things that are entirely unbased from the manga, too much of a thought honestly.Generic_BOs.png

Well, like I said it might be a poor theory. But it does exist, who knows maybe the slip of the artist might give us a clue. Just like the case with the U.S anime dubbers who dubbed Gin and Vodka as Melkior and Gasper respectively, and Gosho-sama later protested against this slip as it would spoil some things that he was planning for..

Also forgot to mention that it was done early in the anime. Still kind of weak, but the staff may allowed this add on to be a hint for the then planned short series ending...

Episode 54 had a rating of 19,10%. The second season had seen already high ratings continue to increase. The manga was at or just before Haibara's introduction. There was no way anybody at TMS was thinking about prematurely ending Conan at this time.

Episode 54 had a rating of 19,10%. The second season had seen already high ratings continue to increase. The manga was at or just before Haibara's introduction. There was no way anybody at TMS was thinking about prematurely ending Conan at this time.

It may have been not about ending but a hint to continue the series to upcoming seasons but nevertheless with an ending that should follow..

Sorry guys for the long absence.. I did from time to time think about the boss in many new different angles, and as I might say I have my own list of suspects within whom the boss is most likely to be. I witnessed a new clue, that might have skipped the others. Though it was not drawn in the original manga, the anime did draw it so the lead might be a little weak but exists nonetheless.

In episode 54 (the one which Teuila dies in), almost at the very end of the episode. Conan/Shinichi says that the La Cocktail cafe at which one of the characters was about to meet Gin and Vodka that explodes is left with no traces. But right after this scene Conan/Shinichi says that the deal was about the BO getting a list of the world's best programmers and just while talking about the BO, a silhouette of 5 people is shown presumably as I guessed it is either the programmers that are the best in their field or the top BO members. Seeing as the artists of the anime would not bother over drawing silhouette of characters and adding to a manga based episode that in originality did not include the silhouette, then the other option is more likely and therefore it is the silhouette of the top BO members. With noticeably familiar characters, the drawing could be a mislead but more likely to be more of a slip of info from the staff without Gosho-sama's authentication..

Here is the silhouette:- (sorry for the bad quality, captured in a hurry XD)

attachicon.gif12202539_415149245340236_32603569_n.jpg

P.S. Notice that the woman with the long hair looks similar to Chris, while the woman on the left with the short straight hair looks similar to Sharon.. The one in the middle is most likely the Boss if my theory is right :P ...

Sorry to say this but the middle one looks just AKAI. :P