Detective Conan World
Jodie Starling

Boss of The Black Organization?

Who is the boss?  

422 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the boss?

• New Character (not yet introduced)
    • Minor Character (appeared once or a few times before, such as a case suspect or in a case flashback)
    • Other known character not specifically mentioned below (Recurring characters)
    • Relative of known character (not yet introduced)
    • Someone else
    • Agasa Hiroshi
    • James Black
    • Miyano Atsushi
    • Elena Miyano
    • Okino Yoko
    • Okiya Subaru/Akai Shuuichi
    • Yamamura Misae
    • Matsumoto Kiyonaga
    • Kudo Yuusaku
    • Mouri Kogoro
    • Kisaki Eri
    • Sharon Vineyard
    • Gin

Well we don't know for certain either of their ages do we? Haibara is most likely 18 or so though (as she said so herself, and I think the audio tape left by her mother mentioned her upcoming birthday was 19. Rei's age is more of a gamble isn't it? In any case, I doubt they are close in age anyways given Rei's involvement with the Secret Police. Even if 29 is a lie, it probably isn't far off.

True on Rei, but it would make sense, as that would be the same age Date would have, if he were still alive.

• Upvote 2

i think i saw in an episode in the beginning that haibara said that she tried the aptx on 100 mouse,,, only 1 of them shrunk and the rest died....

Oh yes i am sorry i forgot

It simply says there was one mouse that shrunk during animal testing.(If you're referring to Episode 129, or File 179). No specific number of tests were mentioned. 

• Upvote 1

Is there any one who hasnt got a reason for not being the boss ?

you can thank crazed fan speculations for that

How about the boss being Tomoaki Araide??

If this was the case, I don't see why Vermouth would disguise herself as the boss just for the sake of tracking down Haibara.

Not to mention, she also attempted to kill Araide--meaning he (the speculated boss) would have killed her by now for betraying him.

• Upvote 1

Gosho said that he didnt expect the series to last longer than 13 chapters... so i think that he didnt plan a complicated story containing a boss....he maybe wrote that shinichi returns to his regular life....so dont you think that a complicated plot like an organization with a boss and alot of workers and snipers and etc. Will fit 13 chapters only??.......

I think that gosho made an ending to conan at first and then he changed it....and i think that gosho developes the story as conan lasts longer like making a fake death to akai and then bringing sera to the story and the BO snipers...etc

So i think that gosho may have hinted something in the beginning of the story and then developed it....

I've been thinking that as well, no matter how many times I read the first few volumes there is just nothing in there with even the slightest hint, so either Gosho changed who the boss is, or there was no boss to begin with. 

I've been thinking that as well, no matter how many times I read the first few volumes there is just nothing in there with even the slightest hint, so either Gosho changed who the boss is, or there was no boss to begin with. 

Probably the most likely scenario. I'm sure Gosho has changed quite a bit as he's progressed through the story. I won't believe for a moment that he had everything meticulously planned. 

I do think there was a boss though, but it probably was changed if one was present in the early stages of the manga.

At this point, everyone might as well be a suspect  :P

Probably the most likely scenario. I'm sure Gosho has changed quite a bit as he's progressed through the story. I won't believe for a moment that he had everything meticulously planned. 

I do think there was a boss though, but it probably was changed if one was present in the early stages of the manga.

At this point, everyone might as well be a suspect  :P

As a matter of fact, at the start he planned for Vermouth to be Yoko. So it might be the same for the boss.

Vermouth as Yoko??? That is interesting  but what evidence do you have ?

She had that lighter even though she doesn't smoke, anyway it's not like she's Vermouth or even related to the BO, it's just that she was SUPPOSED to be Vermouth but Gosho changed his mind.

Guys I Thought of something interesting about relationship of Vermouth with "Ano Kata" and i want your opinion.........I am totally confused by that thing because:

1-Bourbon Said it is a surprise that is going further than being ano kata 's favourite member that means that it may be ano kata 's  direct family member like His Wife (and that is the most common theory due to Vermouth's reaction when bourbon stated her relation with ano kata ) or Daughter ,,,,,,,BUT: If you have seen episode 345 (special) you will notice that she said :OK BOSS ?!!! why will she say "Boss" to him if he was her direct family member Cuz if he was her husband she would say :ok dear or ok baby .... and if she was "his" daughter she would say (Oto san) .......

2-The weird thing is Vermouth's Angry and Fast reaction to Bourbon means she maybe has got feeling for the boss (maybe his lover or girlfriend) :wub:  

what do you think

Well they obviously wouldn't spoil it, that's just like wondering why Okiya thinks in Okiya's voice instead of Akai's, don't read too much to it, also, it's most likely not wife or lover since she would be cheating on him with Gin.

As for her reaction, she's always like that when people discover her secrets or try to know about them.

She loves gin????!!!@

And okiya doesnt think in his voice cuz there is no voice in the manga

Yeah they had a sexual relationship.

As for the Okiya thing, I know, but you get my point, if Vermouth said anything other than boss then it would spoil things.

I think that the boss of BO is Yoko Okino; but they have already said al the reasons.

Could somebody tell me please, why Yoko Okino would NOT be the boss?

I think that the boss of BO is Yoko Okino; but they have already said al the reasons.

Yoko is not even near as smart as the boss should be, she contacted a Detective(Kogoro) just for a simple stalker case, if she was the boss, that wouldn't have bothered her, she also doesn't try to avoid Kogoro or other people in general, even introducing Rena to Kogoro, what's more, she's too young, and we know about her background and other people justify for it, thus her having aging issues like Vermouth is out of the question unless your suggesting the boss would go through a lot of trouble creating multiple identities with each having their own lives instead of just hiding and avoiding people as much as he can, finally, she was supposed to be Vermouth at the start of the series, but Gosho changed his mind. I doubt the boss is a character who appeared more than once since in a series this long, it would lead into many plot holes, thus I believe the boss appeared only once.

well she sent rena to see kogoro about a stalker 

i doubt the boss would sent a member to a renowned detective

beside she could just send gin to track that stalker instead

• Upvote 1

I hope that if Yoko is the boss, her young age is fake like Vermouth's. For such an organization to have a boss that young wouldn't be really impressive imo. A real boss should be experienced and hardened by past battles with crime rivals, a person still that young on top of the whole thing would disappoint me. And (just my personal tastes) I don't really like the combination "physical beauty and being attractive" + "evil", because such villains usually rely too often on seduction and making people falling in love with them, and I like when the villains are heartless and asexual.

i wonder how old is the boss and is it possible for him to be dying of health problems, and somebody else being the boss, like RUM. i want some twists about boss. when will we see him/her?

i wonder how old is the boss and is it possible for him to be dying of health problems, and somebody else being the boss, like RUM. i want some twists about boss. when will we see him/her?

Not before the end of the series and since Gosho said in an interview he can imagine the series running longer than 100 Volumes, I doubt it'll be soon.

I honestly don't really care about who the boss is, I just want him/her to be a very good character, I want to know his motives and his background, Johan Liebert and "Friend" are both very good examples of amazing villains, I hope the boss would be like that, though I doubt Gosho can write on that level, I hope he can make the boss interesting enough to be comparable to those 2.