Detective Conan World
Jodie Starling

Boss of The Black Organization?

Who is the boss?  

422 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the boss?

• New Character (not yet introduced)
    • Minor Character (appeared once or a few times before, such as a case suspect or in a case flashback)
    • Other known character not specifically mentioned below (Recurring characters)
    • Relative of known character (not yet introduced)
    • Someone else
    • Agasa Hiroshi
    • James Black
    • Miyano Atsushi
    • Elena Miyano
    • Okino Yoko
    • Okiya Subaru/Akai Shuuichi
    • Yamamura Misae
    • Matsumoto Kiyonaga
    • Kudo Yuusaku
    • Mouri Kogoro
    • Kisaki Eri
    • Sharon Vineyard
    • Gin

Eh , why so ? Just asking , by the way . °-°

I have some copypasta from here

Gin did not know about Bourbon's plan to disguise as Akai. Vermouth said she had the boss's permission for the plan because he was very cautious.

If Gin was the boss, why would he put up with agents running around keeping secrets as much as they do? We know that Gin hates it. Can't he request more discipline for all of his agents like Anokata did for Vermouth? If Gin was the boss, why would he even let someone like Bourbon codename if he doesn't like him?

The FBI were hoping to capture Gin who would lead them to the boss. This means Akai and the other FBI think there is someone over Gin at least. (599.09)

If Gin was the boss, it is required that he is pretending to be his own agent. He has engaged in many rather open missions where he has been attacked. This is risky behavior then, contradicting what Vermouth said about the boss being very cautious.

If the boss's favorite is Vermouth, it doesn't mesh with Gin's behavior. Gin mentioned not liking her for keeping secrets, threatened her with a gun, didn't care she was aboard a train heading for destruction, and tried to drive an icepick through her head (for fun?). Two people can be physically involved without liking the other, but Vermouth is the boss's favorite. If was all about the sex, why would Sherry not be the boss's favorite, considering that it has been suggested they were involved?

• Upvote 2

Anokata being Shinichi's dad or mom, Agase, Vermouth, Gin, Akai, Jack Black, Yoko OkinoToichi KurobaHaibara's mom or dad, Ran's dad or mom...

These are all wild theories wth no real evidence to back them up and just created by thinking "the identity of the Boss must be a twist that no one saw coming".  Just because it is hard to guess doesn't mean it doesn't have a logic that fits a  certain pattern.

I will start my reasoning by posting the obvious and necessary link,  since many people ignore the  facts; http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/The_Boss_of_the_Black_Organization#Known_canon_information

Now, since the impression we got so far points towards the gender of the Anokata being a he rather than a she, I'll assume the Anokata is a he.

My theory is that the Anokata is one the people that were introduced in the same chapter that Vermouth first appeared.

Those characters are;

100px-Naomichi_Mugikura.jpg
Naomichi Mugikura,  anchorman for Nichiuri TV.

100px-Yoshiharu_Tawara.jpg
Yoshiharu Tawara, university professor.

100px-Yasuo_Mihei.jpg
Yasuo Mihei, baseball team owner.

100px-Naoya_Tarumi.jpg
Naoya Tarumi, music producer.

What these characters have in common that they all dress in black, since it was a memorial, and all of them are figures of power.  These traits are definitely identifiable with the Anokata.

What's more, since  this certain chapter has many memorable events it's viable for the Anokata to have made an appearance.  

Among those characters Naomichi Mugikura is the more likely candidate, since he made multiple appearences, but you never know.

Last but not least, Yoshiharu Tawara  is a university professor just like Sherlock Holmes' archnemesis, Professor Moriarty.

And James Black's actions are more than just self-defeating if he would be Anokata, it would be a behavior that's bluntly self-destructive for the Organization. He didn't do anything for the Organization's sake, there were not even hints indicating so, but he did and supported a lot of operations doing exactly the opposite and he knows a lot of sensitive things about the protagonists (like Ai's whereabouts and that she's referred to as Sherry

as well as that Akai is alive

), which would be fatal for the "good guys" if he were Anokata. But rather than repeating all of the counterarguments for James Black as Anokata, I just lazily link to Chekhov's post about him (and other characters) who are most likely not the boss: The first spoiler box of this text.

Since we all know James Black is not the Anokata I don't know what you are explaining  for.

Sorry for the one-liner, but well, you said that his behavior isn't self-defeating in your opinion and I referred to this specific point of yours, explaining why it indeed is.

Did I say that?

Does anyone thinks also that Anokata kind of a 'Detectives and mysteries' fan is a big hint if we look for any detective related characters or fans, for example a character in the Mycroft lodgings episode. Or these detective gathering episodes, I have this feeling that Anokata might saw Conan but never got the chance to investigate him or approach him personally. Since sometimes Conan used Kugoro as a front to solve the crimes and thus never arose suspicions, I might think too much about it. But then there is this uneasy feelings that I have.. 

Read something posted on a blog (which was linked in the Spoiler CBox):

And this —> #969 #6261 numbers may refer to syllables of the name E re na ( ‘エレーナ ) Vi n ya do (ヴィンヤード ). So it will be Elena and “Vermouth’s real name” Vineyard maybe?.

Quoted from here.

And a friend found this: #969 #6261 the Anokata mail code, if we count the number of the syllabes it would mean: E re na ( ‘エレーナ ) Vi n ya do (ヴィンヤード )

Quotes from here. (Same blog, another entry.)

I don't have any real experience in Japanese, so is this potential pun/wordplay credible or made up?

I'm suspicious of this find because I never heard of/read about that before (someone skilled in Japanese would have discovered that, I guess...?) and I can't find any other sources mentioning this.

... Yeah I think whoever wrote that has no idea what they are talking about. I'm no expert at Japanese numeral puns but I know that na is usually 7 (nana) not 9, and ya would be 8 (yattsu) and not 6. Unless the person responsible actually explains how the pun works in English, I'd be skeptical.

• Upvote 1

It's rare that I venture into this section of the forum, but let me try.

I was reading through that plotholes thread and somewhere there it came up that Kogoro always seemed to be conveniently asleep and didn't wake up until after the entire shenanigans were over. Then I had a thought: what if Kogoro was faking sleep? This lead to a series of increasingly more unnerving thoughts that ended up with me suspecting Kogoro as the boss. In the heat of the moment, I went over to this thread and put in my vote. 

Then I searched for Kogoro through the thread, and there's too much evidence against him (that whole Black Impact shootout being especially compelling) being a candidate that I became very sad and gave up on the whole endevaor. Unless Kogoro is a death-seeker or incredibly confident in his opponents, has undergone the same intensive training that Gin and Vermouth have exhibited but just on a greater level, seems to want to observe Conan for the sheer heck of it, etc. it's not happening.

That's a lot of assumptions I am not willing to make. But I haven't withdrawn my vote yet – I still hold a few micrograms of hope.

Also, everyone's already made the same point but that number pun thing makes absolutely no sense, both in the actual pun itself and the conclusion it reaches to.

The argument against Kogoro faking his sleep is the Sleeping Sonoko. If Kogoro really does fake it, then that means Sonoko is also doing that.

not really ,remember how gin wasn't affected by that sleeping thing! if kogoro is the boss ,he can also resisted it as well but sonoko not

not really ,remember how gin wasn't affected by that sleeping thing! if kogoro is the boss ,he can also resisted it as well but sonoko not

I was thinking of something like tgat, I even think that it depends on the person and his/her body.

But nevertheless I don't, in any way, think that kogoro is the boss.

(My opinion)

Gin wasn't affected because he shot himself in the shoulder to stay awake.  He would have succumbed to the effects of the drug otherwise, though it is interesting to note his body didn't initially react in as dramatic or sudden a way as most people struck with the tranquilizer dart usually do.  If I recall, didn't he just take a knee? 

Gin wasn't affected because he shot himself in the shoulder to stay awake.  He would have succumbed to the effects of the drug otherwise, though it is interesting to note his body didn't initially react in as dramatic or sudden a way as most people struck with the tranquilizer dart usually do.  If I recall, didn't he just take a knee?

He is a professional killer. He is probably accustomed to this things. His reflexes were probably just so fast that he was able to stop the dart from making him sleep.

He is a professional killer. He is probably accustomed to this things. His reflexes were probably just so fast that he was able to stop the dart from making him sleep.

Thats possible...

I also notice that most of the time; conan would hit his dart to the skin, but, if my memory doesn't fail me, I remember that Gin had the dart to his elbow and he was wearing lots of things (it was winter) does it reduce the effects of the drug?

Thats possible...

I also notice that most of the time; conan would hit his dart to the skin, but, if my memory doesn't fail me, I remember that Gin had the dart to his elbow and he was wearing lots of things (it was winter) does it reduce the effects of the drug?

That's what I thought, too, although in sure there are some instances that the dart penetrated clothing (albeit not as many layers as Gin's). I wonder what would happen if it really did hit Gin as it usually does with Mouri...?

Anyway, I'm sorry about my theory about Gin having a fast reflexes to avoid the drug in the needle. I really forgot that part and I rewatched it and I was wrong. Gin felt weak (I think..?) and fell on his knees when the dart hit him.

That's what I thought, too, although in sure there are some instances that the dart penetrated clothing (albeit not as many layers as Gin's). I wonder what would happen if it really did hit Gin as it usually does with Mouri...?

I don't think it was the clothing. If you noticed, Gin was still affected by the tranquilizer but he just didn't fall asleep instantaneously.